• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Star War Teaser released

I may have screamed after watching it. Keeping my fingers crossed that it holds up to my expectations (hopes, wishes, dreams). I too was one of the fans who stood in line for the Phantom Menace as well as and was crushed afterwards! pixiedust::love:

Agreed about the overabundance of CG effects. Just because you CAN make a droid roll around on soccer ball, do you HAVE to? And the Millennium Falcon is supposed to be a hot-rodded old freighter that can go very, very fast in a straight line and maybe swerve a bit when in just the right hands. It's not a magical frisbee or a freaking Golden Snitch.

Way back in the Muppet Movie trailer when Kermit the Frog rode a bicycle it was a hilariously funny special effect because you knew that he's supposed to have legs and should be able to do it, but you're surprised and delighted that they somehow pulled it off. In 2015 you can make Han Solo's spaceship do backflips and make a droid race along on a soccer ball but nobody expects it or wants them to, and nobody will spend a single second being amazed.

AND ... I'll be there lined up to see the movie on opening day.

I keep wanting to take a weekend and watch it in machete order but I haven't made the time. I feel like going to the Marvel movie marathon I'm going to see in theaters next

*in 2 weeks that will take up 27 hours of my life means I'm running out of excess not to try out Machete order.

There was alot of CG matte painting in that trailer...maybe not "effects" technically...but it takes the depth out of the picture

I get it...

Me thinks you might as well skip 2 too...

Since it has 58 loose ends that are never explained...and that confuses You

And it's flaming poo in a bag... Especially the Dr Evil esque "execution" sequence

Yep...they managed to build a real robot that LOOKS completley fake...I can't figure out why though???

When you think about it, CG effects have not progressed one bit since "Balloon Dog", except thanks to Moore's Law they can do 1000 times more effects in a movie for 1000 times less money. Unless you consider adding lens flare to be a great leap forward.

There's nothing wrong with effects, many of the greatest movies have had them since probably the 1890s. Where it gets bad is when the people in charge of the movie spend more time and energy worrying about the effects than things like (1) story (2) characters (3) causing an emotional response in the audience that is not "ooooooo wow!!!!"

Like the guy says in his famous youtube review of Phantom Menace, the point of the giant star cruiser running down Leia's little courier ship in A New Hope is not to impress you with the tremendously advanced sci-fi special FX, it's to tell you in 5 seconds that there is someone really powerful and menacing who's threatening someone who's really small and scared. When the star cruiser fills the screen and makes you feel like you're being crushed, it's so that you will identify emotionally with the people on the little courier ship. From that moment you have signed on with the rebels.

A robot scampering along balanced on a soccer ball tells me .... errrmm .... gosh they can do some wacky CG effects and/or build some wacky toys nowadays! (in 2015 on earth, taking me right out of the galaxy far, far away).

You know it's funny...I watched the YouTube clip of all the teaser trailers sized together - and the phantom menace is by far the worst...

And it was meant to look so "cool"

Hopefully Abrams hasn't gone completely corporate and just made crap...

A different way to watch the saga. IV, V, II, III, VI. You skip One since everything that happens is reviewed later.

I loved it. It looked amazing.
I like this order but hate to miss Darth Maul. He should have gotten better treatment.

I hope that this new movie is like the original trilogy and not the later I-III. Even though III is actually pretty good...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter