New Star Tours and being Pooh sized....

Nanabug02

DIS Veteran
Okay, can anyone out there give advice? Please don't be mean....... I'm a plus size woman who wears a size 24/26. I know DH is going to want to drag me onto the new Star Tours ride, but I am concerned about fitting in the seats. Are the seats identical to the ones that were there before? I haven't been on that ride in a while, but I think I remember it being a tight fit last time. I would just be mortified to try and fit in the seat and not be able to, or not be able to buckle the safety belt.

Any advice? Thanks in advance! :goodvibes

The seats are the same as they were before the reimagining. You have to wear 3d glasses now, though. If you could fit before and are about the same size you should be fine.

I'm a big dude and have no problem with Star Tours. My tip though is before you sit down fully in the seat, grab the belt, wrap it around your waist, buckle it in, and then sit down. That way you can see where you're trying to put the buckle because the buckle receiver is put in a spot that is hard to see once you sit down.

Should be no problem; my fiance is about the same size, I'm bigger, and we had no trouble with it. The seatbelts have plenty of room, and were wide enough to fit us.

Thanks for the replies everyone! That makes me feel tons better. I'll give it a shot!

My tip though is before you sit down fully in the seat, grab the belt, wrap it around your waist, buckle it in, and then sit down. That way you can see where you're trying to put the buckle because the buckle receiver is put in a spot that is hard to see once you sit down.

:thumbsup2

I am a bit bigger than you are and my weight is in my posterior and hips and it was kinda a tight fit as a lot of the seating at WDW is in theaters. Learned a trick though that works well and I can fit in the seats now without feeling like I am being squeezed in a vice grip :eek:

Here is the advice...Sit down in the seat and squeeze into it and get that belt hooked and then slide down a bit in the seat, leaning back as much as you can so your posterior has kinda slid down in the seat and it should not be as tight.:thumbsup2

No weight flamers here please, I am very handicapped with medical conditions and my weight is a side effect of the medications I have to take, I am not this heavy by choice or due to obsessive eating.

No weight flamers here please, I am very handicapped with medical conditions and my weight is a side effect of the medications I have to take, I am not this heavy by choice or due to obsessive eating.

I don't think most who are heavy are heavy by "choice". I've tried to lose weight. It's hard. Whether anyone is heavy for medical reasons or overeating they (we!) shouldn't be flamed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter