New sidewalk lights in epcot?

Accident

DIS Veteran
I've never seen these before but I dont' remember them doing any work here so maybe they have just been turned off for awhile. It's a spot I walk out of epcot across every trip in (I don't go often).

20160922_203003.jpg

Close ups (sorry one wasn't that great).

20160922_203004.jpg 20160922_203012.jpg 20160922_203023.jpg

They were animated a little, they didn't seem to follow you when you walked on it. I wasn't smart enough to grab a video so sorry there.. They were really bright. Also the original ones very close to this also seemed to be brighter and working better but that could just be me that thinks that..

Here is where it is located (red dot, follow arrow)

fwepcotmap0003.jpg

I see them every time I'm in Epcot at night. It's off the main path, so you kind of have to know where they are to see them.
Maybe I'll have to look for them next time. I'll admit we stayed at BC last time so we never went out the front entrance.

They've been there as long as I can remember...sometimes I think they are not turned on, though, and unless the crowds have thinned, I sometimes forget to look for them as they are a little off the beaten track....a fun surprise and little kids love them!

Yeah they've been there since at least 2007. That's the first time I recall seeing them.

Funny...I also noticed them for the first time during our trip a couple of weeks ago.

Agree. Been years. I can't remember all the lights not being there. Love them. Wish I could do at home. :idea:

I love these and look for them every trip, however they seem to have been off when we have gone for the last four trips. I hope they are on when we go next week!

They've been there since at least my kids' first trip in 2002. I remember my son loving them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter