• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Sea World Water Park/Believe Show

Sweet Pea UK

DIS Veteran
Anybody got any updates on the new water park Seaworld is planning to open?

Also hearing mixed reviews about the new Believe Show. Saw the old Shamu show numerous times and loved it. This year taking In-Laws who have never been before and I don't want them to be disappointed.:confused3

Hi if they have never seen the old one before I'm pretty sure they'll love it, me I loved the old one and the new one, when Blue Horizons opened a lot of people preferred the old dolphin show me included but now its a firm favourite:goodvibes

Since I'm new I can't post links in replies yet, but if you go to Screamscape .com and look under Sea World Florida under North America parks, it has 5 pictures of the model of the new waterpark, and one of the original artist renderings too.

Also if you click on the link in my signature I have have a video, slideshow, and a ton of pics of the waterpark construction area taken from the Sky Tower at Sea World, in the Aquatica section of my 2006 Sea World album.

Last time I asked, I was told that the planned opening will be in 2008 (the first date was this year).

I've always loved Seaworld and miss the one that use to be by us in Cleveland. But the Believe show I thought was awful!! It was terribly cheezy and had my eyes rolling plenty of times. Just wasn't my cup of tea I guess.
Still loved Seamore and Clyde though

All Guest Services is able to say is 2008 for the new water park. I was last weekend that there are alot of pieces of the slides already delivered to the site. It doesn't look like they have done much concrete work yet but they have alot of the things roughed in though.

As for the Shamu and Dolphin show I now skip it and don't even go near the area. I hate the new show. The trainers look like they are stiff and bored half to death now. Before they really got to interact with the animals and they were able to tell and show their true power. Now they have a hard script that they need to follow and the only deviation is if the animal is deciding that they don't want to preform. I really hope they bring back the old shows!!!

We went to SW/US at Christmas (our first time at SW as a family - me, my wife, and 13/11 sons), and are going back in April. We loved the Blue Horizons, Clyde & Seymore, and Pets Ahoy shows. They were wonderful! Be sure to get to the Clyde & Seymore show about 15 minutes early to see the pirate mime. He's a blast! As for the Believe show, we didn't like it at all. We don't bother going any longer. Too much over-hype/drama, too much talking, too much video, not enough actual animal tricks. The show just doesn't flow well at all IMO. Some people will like it, we just didn't. We wish we could've seen the "old" show. The Blue Horizons show had the perfect balance of animals, performers, story line, music, ect. REALLY well done!

I liked the Blue Horizons and Clyde and Seamore shows. Blue Horizons show was my favorite. I loved the 'mimic' before the Clyde and Seamore show. He had me laughing. Those are the only ones I would see again. I don't know if they have changed 'believe' or not since when I saw it last year but I hope they did b/c I thought it was terrible. People are there for shamu and shamu only. What I saw was the background of a trainers life and how he fulfilled his dream by getting the job. He had a strong northern accent (I dont have anything against a NY accent, it was just hard to understand) and did an impersonation of his mother telling him to try a different career path. This was mixed with rotating screens and audience participation doing hand motions. When we finally get to see shamu, I'm already looking at my watch anticipating my exit.

When I did IOACentral Radio's Discovery Cove show I was speaking with someone about Aquatica......he said, think Discovery Cove....with water slides. The only thing close to it in existance is Atlantis in the Bahamas.....but this will be a lot different. You'll take tubes through a dolphin habitat, the slides will have new features not seen on any other slides in Orlando. You'll get to commune with nature just like you do in Discovery Cove.

Unfortunately, I can't say I've seen the Believe show yet but anything has to be better than the previous Shamu Adventure with Jack Hannah. Granted, I like Jack Hannah but it was beginning to get very dated.

As for Blue Horizons, I did like the old Key West theme better. Blue Horizons appeared to be nothing more than 20 minutes of acrobatics with 5 minutes of Dolphins.

Oh well, I guess the next show on the chopping block will be Clyde and Seamore....

Just saw the beleive show on Saturday, and was underwhelmed......not nearly enough whale behaviors, leaps etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter