New scrappers animal kingdom swap FINAL DETAILS

got your toppers ksjayhawks, they are very cute! maggie

Gosh I am having a hard time trying to figure out this paper peicing -- I can't seem to find a silly pattern that isn't gonna have a thousand peices... Phew felt good to say that out loud.. now back to the search ! Michelle

got your stuff mickey fan2, very cute. :goodvibes maggie

hey guys, please don't forget to send return postage with your stuff. thanks, maggie

bigsis1970 said:
Gosh I am having a hard time trying to figure out this paper peicing -- I can't seem to find a silly pattern that isn't gonna have a thousand peices... Phew felt good to say that out loud.. now back to the search ! Michelle

If you could have seen the panic I was in when I signed up to do paper piecing for the Ride swap you would feel far better right now! I went through basically the same thing. Everything I tried was insane with either too many pieces or small pieces.

One of the hints I got from someone might help.... Print pieces like a face right onto the cardstock, then you just need one piece & not 1 for the eyes, 1 for the mouth, etc.

Eventually I was able to think in a different direction. (I was doing the Festival of the Lion King.) I gave up on trying to do an adult Simba or Zazu & went for the logo or sign. I have to admit that the letters on that thing just about did me in (too little) but as you can see the lion was very simple. 3pieces...the body, the mane & the head...add the eyes/mouth, chalk it & it was done.

Anyway, thinking in a different direction might be helpful. Here is what I did. Sorry I can't post the actual photo. :(
View

Hey Maggie,
I'm wrapping up my borders today. So if I can get out of the house with all this snow I'll have it in the mail on Monday.

bigsis1970 said:

I'm running into the same thing Michelle! I've found some really cool pictures, but I can't figure out how to make them simpler... Good thing it's going to be snowing all day tomorrow, it'll give me time to FINALLY decide what I'm going to make, lol!

Hi Maggie,
I'm ready to mail and have a question. If I mail to you in a priority envelope do you have envelopes to mail back to us or do I need to send one? Thanks!!

I am trying to figure out what to do with my squares and want to know if nayone has a preference. I am not sure if they should be 2x2 or 1.5x1.5.
Please, someone let me know what is usually done.

thanks,

momx3boys, don't worry about sending a priority mail envelope, I have bunches.

as for squares... I use the cm square cutter (the big one). Unfortuanantly I have no idea what size that actually is. It might be 2inches and then the other one on the punch is 1.5? I just punch them both and put the smaller one inside the bigger one. (clear as mud right? :goodvibes ) maggie

FYI - I just got one of the large CM square makers. It's marked on the top as 1.5" for the large one & 1.25" for the small one.

see, I knew one of y'all would know the answer. :goodvibes maggie

I finished my squares this afternoon and will mail on Thursday.

I sent off the Magic Kingdom swap last week, will send off AK this week... I'm ready for my next swap!! I can see why so many of you find this so addictive.

Maggie,

Had to take Ray to emergency last night to get stitches in his eye. Scarp and you'll know why. Anywho, I will try to get them out to you by the end of the week. Dr.s appt today so I'll be kind of busy.

hey, I scarped and added dh's fall of a ladder. (I feel your pain). :rotfl2: maggie

mamacentral, got your mini file folders today, they are too cute! maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter