New Scrapbook Store Opening

RRBB

<font color=3333FF>I think I'm in the mood for Ton
We have a new scrapbook store opening today in Frisco. I have nothing better to do on this yucky, rainy day so I may try to get up there for the Ribbon Cutting.

For those of you in the Dallas area, it's called ReCollections. 2930 Preston Road #500. According to the map, it's across Preston from Stone Briar Mall, next to BB&B.

:bounce: Woohoo, another place to spend my scrapbooking $. ;)

Originally posted by RRBB
We have a new scrapbook store opening today in Frisco. I have nothing better to do on this yucky, rainy day so I may try to get up there for the Ribbon Cutting.

For those of you in the Dallas area, it's called ReCollections. 2930 Preston Road #500. According to the map, it's across Preston from Stone Briar Mall, next to BB&B.

:bounce: Woohoo, another place to spend my scrapbooking $. ;)

I heard these stores are owned by Michaels, but will be much better than the regular stores. They are test marketing them in the Dallas area, and if they go over well, they will open them in other areas of the country.
I cant wait to hear how it is.....not that I need another store, i am surrounded by wonderful scrap stores in the Chicago 'burbs.

I'll be in Frisco the weekend after next!!! I'll check it out with my SIL!!:Pinkbounc

Sounds like a great store! Let us know how it is when you get home!! :)

I'm there this weekend!!! Gonna try for tomorrow morning...if you go, let us know how it was!!! Please!!!

Just got home a little while ago. I didn't make it in time for the ribbon cutting, but when I did get inside the store it was a zoo. I like the way they have it layed out. Along the walls they have things grouped by theme/topic instead of supplier. You don't have to search the store for items that go together for a layout. Some of the themed stuff included Texas, Patriotic, Disney, Baby, Wedding, School, Hero, Contemporary, etc. They also had sections for Anna Griffin, Mary Engelbriet, etc. In the center of the store they have paper, paper, paper (one side of the aisle 12x12 the other side 8.5x11). All the other scrapbooking needs make up the rest of the center area. There's a small area for kid with a TV. (I didn't get a good look at that because there were so many people.) There's a cropping/class room that seats about 40 people. I noticed a TV up in the corner and a big white board in it. There's also a kitchen area with coffee maker and microwave oven, along with a Coke machine. In one corner of the store is a copy area where they can make 12x12 copies, as well as a photomaker machine. There was a crowd around there, too so not sure if there's more to it. I'm sure I'm leaving out some, but that's what I remember from this morning.

They didn't really have any Grand Opening specials, but you can get a free "Royalty" card that gives you 5% discount on all regularly priced items.

I also heard that they're opening another store on Greenville/Lovers later this summer. When/where/if they open more stores after that depends on how these stores do.

I have only read down to 'paper paper paper' and I'm feeling dizzy already.

I wannnnnaaaaa gooooo!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter