New scrap store in Oxford,MA (UPDATE)

SplshMtn99

<font color=blue>She talks to me in pretty <font c
On the way home, I heard an ad on WXLO for a new scrapping store on Sutton Ave in Oxford (my town). Didn't catch the name...but I think it said something about Kirby's sheds ???

If thats the case.... it should be Rt 395, exit 4 (Sutton Ave / Oxford Center)....right off the exit...and across from McDonalds.

I'll try to get there....but if anyone checks it out...let us know. It would be GREAT to have a store out this way!!

I wonder how far that is from me? I'll have to get out the map.

I e-mailed this post to my sister she lives in Dudley but goes through this area every day. At the moment she is down and out not feeling well (hopefully they will figure out today what is wrong) and she'll be able to check this out.

Laura
A Scrapaholic

You beat me to the post!!! I think it is called A page in Time...near some place called Kirby Sheds Or Fences, something like that

I heard the ad again today & decided to stop in quickly after leaving work sick.

It's "A Page in Time". 35 Sutton Ave, Oxford, MA 508-987-5700
Directions as I gave above. Yes, Oxford is town south of Worcester / Auburn, MA -- OR -- 2 towns north of CT MA/CT border.

It is actually a building in the MIDDLE of the Kirby Sheds lot....look for gazebos while driving.....you can't miss that. Guessing it's all family owned business.

Mon - Sat 10 -7
Sun 11-5

GRAND OPENING Sat June 7 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I walked in and was SURPRISED at how much she had already (for small town Oxford) -- and has lots of room to grow. She carries the most BEAUTIFUL lines I've seen. Currently, I scrap with alot of plain cardstock....but her stuff is very nice! Karen Foster; Cloud Nine; This & That; Magic Scraps, Sizzix...... mostly 12x12. Not sure if I even saw any 8.5x11 (cold medicine is making me loopy today - LOL)

She doesn't have much competition out this way....so I hope she does good. I have to travel 15-20 miles to Michael's in Shrewsbury; 10-15 miles to a scrap store Grafton; or just 2 miles to WalMart. Or shop online.

I mentioned our board here. Hi, if you are peaking in! She mentioned massscrappers / Auburn.

I would say check it out!! Definitely not the items you see at WalMart or Michaels or ACMoore.

Here are the Sales:
June 1-7 Grand Opening Sales
8-14 15% off embellishments
15-21 15% off paper
22-28 15% off punches

June 29-July 5 All American special
July 6-12 15% off cardstock
13-19 15% off stickers
20-26 15% off seasons & Teen Packs

Classes:
June 24 7-9 Shake it Up
June 26 7-9 All that Glitters
July 8 Dry Embossing 7-9
July 10 Shimmerz Techinques 7-9
July 15 Back to Basics 7-9
July 17 Shades & Shutters 7-9
July 29 Round Robin 7-9
July 31 Tag Alongs 7-9

All classes are $15 unless otherwise indicated. Please bring scissors, black writer & adhesive to classes.

(I'm not responsible for typos today ----- DayQuil & NightQuil -- LOL)

Thanks!

I think I need to take a trip....and maybe some classes. Are you taking any??

I have a feeling she could keep the store going just with those of us from the DIS!

I am going down to my sisters in Dudley on the 11th of July we will have go and check this out before we set up for scrapping for the night.

I told her about on the phone and she physiced. She's under the weather right now but will go when better.

How were the prices of the paper?

Laura
A Scrapaholic

Sorry, I didn't even look at the prices. :rolleyes: I was trying to make it quick because my head was spinning.

I did buy a package of 3 clear page pebbles by Magic Scraps about 1.5" across for $1.99. Smallest purchase ever at a scrapping store. Don't know how the price compares.

I saw some BEAUTIFUL paper & accompanying tags & stuff for beach layouts. Now just need some photos to go with it.

I had heard a little on MA scrapbookers - but thanks for the details....
I think wh should plan a MA dis scrappers meet there for a class!

I made it back to the store today for their grand opening. She had some more items that had just come in...but her display racks hadn't arrived...so they were on the table. No problem.

I got:
several sheets of 12x12 Karen Foster paper for DH's military album --- each 50 cents.

several sheets of 12x12 Cloud Nine paper also for DH's military album --- each $1

several sheets of Karen Foster stickers (from a roll) that co-ordinate back to the above papers ---- each $1.65

Total spent: $13.24

Being GRAND OPENING day.... you get to pick a balloon. They pop the balloon to reveal a discount amount or prize. I won a goodie bag.

Inside the FREE goodie bag was:
20% off next visit
20(?) yellow diamond shaped eyelets (marked 75 cents)
20(?) off white round eyelets (marked 40 cents)
Tiny Tales quote -- soccer (marked 30 cents)
7 various frames / diecuts / stickers -- no price
3 pks Paper Adventures paper (total 12 sheets of 4 patterns in same color -- 8.5x11) --no price
9 sheets of 3 colors co-ordinating blue papers by OScrap --8.5x11 - no price
8 sheets of 4 patterns of co-ordinating flower papers -12x12 (marked $3.60)
An idea sheet of layouts & tags....

I went around 1pm I think. Not busy, she had maybe 2 young girls working with her. Another person who I think was a relative hanging out & talking. The owners toddler. And maybe her DH who was selling sheds to a couple. Like I said before, I think the scrap store & the shed sales are family run.

I was the only customer there. 2 others walked in not too long before I left.

It actually looks like a shed ---the size of a 2 car garage. But inside its all nice carpet & drywall with windows with nice wire displays. I'm sure this kept her startup costs down since its located in the middle of Kirby Sheds lot. I'm sure she had to shell out enough $ just to stock the place.

I told her I posted about the store on a couple websites. She thanked me. I asked her where she advertised since I only heard the WXLO ad twice. She said WXLO & the T&G with the Kirby ad. It will take awhile to get the word out.

On a site note..... I saw an ad today in the T&G's summer section for a store in Woodstock, CT. Anyone been there?

Thanks! I am looking forward to stopping down to the store tomorrow! We were so disappointed it rained today...had huge plans for the yard, but cleaned inside instead.

Havent been to the Thompson store. Like you I have mostly bought at Michaels in Shrewsbury and on line! Surprised we havent bumped into eachother at Michaels!

I should hunt out more LSS....not really local but in October while at WDW, I intend to seek out some LSS while DH is golfing!

Okay, its about a 35 minute ride for me from Rutland to Oxford, but it was soooo worth it!!! Wait a great little shop with all the things you cant find at Michaels!!! Definitely a good afterwork trip (I work in Worcester)

And I am dying to take a class......anyone up for the shaker box class, dry embossing or shutters classes? Those appealled to me and it would be a great place for a mini DIS SB meet!

Glad you liked it. I'm going to have to keep popping in to see what else she gets in.

So...... what'd ya buy? LOL

Bought some Chatterbox Papers - the Den Collection, some stickers and nail heads that go with it....

I bought some adorable 3-D stickers that are little purses, thought they would look great on cards!

hhm. what else,
Oh, had to get some Karen Foster for DH military album,
Sonnets Faux Wax Seals
Doodle Bug letter stickers
Some Vellum quote stickers.....some little quote cards too
and some assorted papers.....
and some KI Icicles

I know there is something missing from that list...but that's the bulk of it!

I was the only customer there, but I was there at 11:15, and the shed shop was closed and that must bring in a lot of traffic when it is open. There were two teenagers running the show and I think the husband of the owner popped in as I was being rung up. They were all real nice and helpful. Even took down a request for Picture Pebbles.

She had tons of neat ideas around too! And did you look at her scrapbook....she has time to scrap, start up a store and take care of that cutie little baby of hers!

Disappointed I didnt get to meet the owner, but I am sure I 'll be there again!

I may have to unsubscribe from this thread!
This NO SHOPPING thing of mine will never last!
I am really feeling the need for a fieldtrip here! AUGH!
Maybe I can justify it if I take a class :)
When is the Shutters class?
TIA
PAttyT

Poohbear -- yah for you! Sounds like you had fun shopping.

I didn't see her scrapbook....where was it? I did like the nice samples she had around the store.

I've had a pretty draining day (mentally).... I may not be around here much tonight. Catch up with everyone later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter