• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New rules for refillable mugs?

Here's a question about these refillable mugs.

In May, I'm going to be at OKW with my family and we're using the QSDP. So, how do I get these mugs? Do I get them at the front desk of OKW when I check in? Or do I get them at the first quick-service restaurant I eat at? We have a tradition in my family that we always eat our first meal at Captain Cook's at the Polynesian. So, if I get the mugs at CCs and use them for the first time at CCs, does that mean I can only fill them up at CCs, or can I only fill them up at OKW, where I am staying? Or, do I have to pick up the mugs at Goods To Go and use them only there? If you've stayed at OKW, you know inconvenient it is to get to GTG.

I don't want to break any Disney rules!

Any info would be appreciated.

You should be getting it at your resort. And only be able to fill it up there. And at OKW that is a waste because you can only refill at Goods to Go when it is open. Unless they will refill at the Turtle Shack at the Turtle Pond pool.

Getting refillable mugs at DVC resorts is a waste of money because you can store a whole bunch of cold beverages in your refrigerator.

You shouldn't feel bad about that or apologize. My parents just get sick of guests policing them & don't want to deal with the negativity on their vacation. There is nothing more annoying than strangers judging you without knowing any info while you are on vacation.:sad2:

I've been visiting since '91. We've bought the resort mugs that were good for your lifetime. We've bought the resort mugs and generic mugs that are good for your visit. Sometimes we bring our old mugs..sometimes we buy new ones. It really depends if I want to pack them.
There is NO WAY I'm buying a mug, that is EXACTLY the same as the mug I already have.
As for your parents worrying about people judging them for not having the correct mug..tell them not to think twice about it. I've never seen a guest or a castmember give a rats behind as to what kind of mug is used.
For goodness sake, I've seen people refill their paper cups of soda..and walk right past castmembers. I've seen people with mugs so old the logo's have worn off. Repeat guests..Castmembers are NOT going to stop a repeat guest to chastize them as to their mug use. There are NO Disney mug police. Castmembers are not going to spoil a guests vacation by taking issue with their mug. It's just not done. Not once in 17 years of traveling to Disney have I EVER seen it.
Tell your parents the mugs really aren't an issue, and they should do whatever they feel comfortable with. Personally, I haven't lost any sleep because I refilled my coffee mug two years in a row. That's just me.

if you think about it - it's really silly for another guest to get worked up over it anyways. if the cm's don't care why should someone else - it's just a mug for heavens sake.

and those who say - it's the point - who's point? if disney really had a problem with it don't you think they would move the drink station so that the cast members would be responsible to refill them and if you didn't have the "correct" mug you wouldn't get it.

By location they mean WDW...so the mug wouldn't be valid at Disneyland or on a Disney Cruise. :banana:

I think this is a big assumption to make, since it conflicts with the wording found on resort signs and in the QSDP brochure, which is more specific:

"eligible for refills at Quick Service locations only in your Disney Resort hotel" -- copied directly from brochure.

I think this is a big assumption to make, since it conflicts with the wording found on resort signs and in the QSDP brochure, which is more specific:

"eligible for refills at Quick Service locations only in your Disney Resort hotel" -- copied directly from brochure.

Well then dumb**** needs to specify what is meant by "location" lol.

<Disney Resort Hotel>

You are paying to be........on Disney World Property......which involves Disney Resorts. Feel free to use your 2009 mug at ANY resort you visit during your current stay at Walt Disney World World.

I called 2 values, 2 moderates, and 2 deluxes, today to get an answer. They all said the same thing. You can use your mug at any Resort during your current stay. 6 different resorts, same answer. Use your mugs, Enjoy. Hopefully, we can now end this mug debate once and for all, and move on to more important things like why parents let their kids take the 3D glasses!!!!

<Disney Resort Hotel>

You are paying to be........on Disney World Property......which involves Disney Resorts. Feel free to use your 2009 mug at ANY resort you visit during your current stay at Walt Disney World World.

I called 2 values, 2 moderates, and 2 deluxes, today to get an answer. They all said the same thing. You can use your mug at any Resort during your current stay. 6 different resorts, same answer. Use your mugs, Enjoy. Hopefully, we can now end this mug debate once and for all, and move on to more important things like why parents let their kids take the 3D glasses!!!!

When you call a resort, you don't really talk to the resort. You talk to a call center somewhere, could be in Kansas. What is in writing is official. Not the word of an occasional CM here or there. Now if you talked to the Disney Vice President in charge of resorts, that might be a different thing.

<Disney Resort Hotel>

Wow -- maybe they've come to their senses since we were there in February.

They take the 3D glasses? What do they think those bins are for at the ride exit?

Figures.

When I call a resort, the resort number listed for each indivudual resort, I don't think we are in Kansas anymore:) And how many CM's do you need to talk to so it's official? George Carlin always said 6 :)

Exactly! But, these children, and their mother, pushing past me, were all proudly wearing their yellow 3D glasses (not the mom, she was just rude) and we were NOT going to a 3D attraction.

When I call a resort, the resort number listed for each indivudual resort, I don't think we are in Kansas anymore:) And how many CM's do you need to talk to so it's official? George Carlin always said 6 :)

It's not official unless it's in writing. General comments from various employees are not official.

And, yes, you are calling a call center. They are trained to respond as if they are at the resort.

It's not official unless it's in writing. General comments from various employees are not official.

And, yes, you are calling a call center. They are trained to respond as if they are at the resort.

It's in writing now someone posted it on the DisBoard :woohoo:

It's still a call centre when you dial those individual numbers -- you also get the call centre when you push "Front Desk" on your resort room telephone. They might connect you to the real front desk, if they think the matter needs to be handled there. It's actually kind of funny, once you know this, because when they answer the phone they act like they are the front desk (and probably assume we don't know they're a call centre) :rotfl2:

I think George Carlin was right about almost everything. :goodvibes

when you call front desk from your room you're calling a call centre?????

i had no idea.

so last time we were there and i called for extra pillows i was calling someone in another state??

wow - learn something new every day.

when you call front desk from your room you're calling a call centre?????

i had no idea.

so last time we were there and i called for extra pillows i was calling someone in another state??

wow - learn something new every day.

Actually they may not be even in a call center. There are alot of places that are making the move of having their "call center" employees work from home.

An example is the reservation line for Hertz car rental...they still have some at an actual building but they have an increasing number working from their house.

wow - wouldn't even have to get out of bed to do that LOL.

my kind of job hahaha

seriously thats actually kind of cool

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter