New roadways coming to Walt Disney World

jcooper3

Earning My Ears
A couple of new permits have been filed with the South Florida water Management District that suggest Disney is exploring the possibility of adding new roadways to several key areas of Walt Disney World.

Check the link to see the proposed roads, including a possible northern entrance!

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...-new-roadways-coming-to-walt-disney-world.htm

What do you all think? I love the possibility of a northern entrance

I'd love to see an entrance, even if it's bus-only, on the southeast side of World Showcase. Travel time to those resorts from the Epcot resorts in that area would be greatly reduced. You could even walk from CBR if only there were a bridge from CBR to the area behind Village Traders.

i hope the new roads will bring the potential for new attractions or hotels

An entrance from the north would really only benefit those locals who live towards those neighborhoods north of MK as there aren't a whole lot of hotels or resorts north of MK,mostly just residential neighborhoods.Also technically there already is an entrance from the north on Reams rd,you basically have to drive through a bunch of warehouses,cast member parking and backstage areas,which is why they probably will build this road that reaches Floridian way to keep people from driving through that backstage area.If they build a new entrance or exit for DHS by Victory way I would be fine with it but it would increase traffic on this street which has always had relatively light traffic,but that's just how things are everywhere,I just heard a week or so ago they might put a Wal Mart about 5 blocks away from my house,I know as soon as they do build it coming and going is not going to be as easy.

I was already amazed at the amount of highway & building construction between MCO and WDW. Wow, lots of construction jobs in FL or what?

An entrance from the north would really only benefit those locals who live towards those neighborhoods north of MK as there aren't a whole lot of hotels or resorts north of MK,mostly just residential neighborhoods.Also technically there already is an entrance from the north on Reams rd,you basically have to drive through a bunch of warehouses,cast member parking and backstage areas,which is why they probably will build this road that reaches Floridian way to keep people from driving through that backstage area.If they build a new entrance or exit for DHS by Victory way I would be fine with it but it would increase traffic on this street which has always had relatively light traffic,but that's just how things are everywhere,I just heard a week or so ago they might put a Wal Mart about 5 blocks away from my house,I know as soon as they do build it coming and going is not going to be as easy.
Oh yeah I remember that because I used to work at MK, but i guess they may be considering a new proper gateway, maybe not right next to the one on reams road

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter