New restaurant suggestions

acamusic

Mouseketeer
My wife and I are going without the kids in December. We're vowing to break out of our regular Disney restaurant rut and try some new places since we don't need to try and please our boys. I'll list the places we usually go and you tell me what I'm missing. We would be game for ONE signature restaurant on this trip since we've never dined at one before. And character meals are not necessarily out of the question.

Places we've been multiple times:
Crystal Palace
Liberty Tree
Mama Melrose
Sci-Fi Drive In
50's Prime Time Cafe
San Angel Inn
Teppan Edo
Le Chefs de France
Garden Grill
Tusker House
Chef Mickey's

Places we've been once:
'Ohana
Whispering Canyon

OK, I realize that we've covered a lot of ground but there is still so much more to see/taste. Where should we dine? Thanks for your thoughts.

Hoop-de-doo review for something fun and different! Victoria and Alberts for something elegant and "once in a lifetime"...

The restaurants at the AKL are all great - Boma, Jiko, and Sanaa! Le Cellier is nice too and we are trying Be Our Guest for the first time on our upcoming trip this September.

So many places to try, so little time.

Sanaa, Boma, Jiko, Yachtsman, Cape May, Kona, the Wave, Citricos, Narcoossees, Artist Point, Cali Grill, Yak &Yeti, HBD, Spice Road Table, la Hacienda, BOG, HDDR., Raglan Road, the Boathouse. Just off the top of my head.

In AK - Yak & Yeti. In HS - nothing; go to one of the resorts between HS & Epcot. I'd vote for Captain's Grill or Cape May. In Epcot - the world is your oyster. Try Tutto Italia or Restaurant Marrakesh or Tokyo Dining. Biergarten & Via Napoli are also both very good but they are also both places you should consider the next time you have the kids with you because they are more kid-friendly. In MK - again, go to a resort instead. Hit some resorts that are more off the beaten path: Olivia's at OKW, Turf Club at Saratoga Springs, Boatwrights at POR (bonus if you can then step into the lounge next door and catch Bob Jackson's show), Shutters at CBR, and especially Boma or Sanaa at AKL (Sanaa is more Indian and Boma is more African; also, Sanaa you are ordering from a menu whereas Boma is a non-character buffet. If you're not sure about African food go to Boma so you can sample. And don't pass up the soups!). One Signature sounds like a great idea. If you prefer fish and prefer a more high-energy environment go to Flying Fish on the Boardwalk. If you want more of an elegant, quiet date night vibe go to Artist Point at WL. If you want dinner and a show HDDR is great (and alcohol is included in the price!) but, again, it's more kid-friendly and you might want to save it for another trip.

My wife and I are going without the kids in December. We're vowing to break out of our regular Disney restaurant rut and try some new places since we don't need to try and please our boys. I'll list the places we usually go and you tell me what I'm missing. We would be game for ONE signature restaurant on this trip since we've never dined at one before. And character meals are not necessarily out of the question.
OK, I realize that we've covered a lot of ground but there is still so much more to see/taste. Where should we dine? Thanks for your thoughts.
With the change at DTD into Disney Springs, new restaurants are starting to open. The Boatyard (2 TS credits) has received all good reviews from posters here. Morimoto is scheduled to open very soon, and we're trying for an ADR there this Fall. Probably 2 TS credits, but unknown at this point.

DD29 and I went to 'Ohana for the character breakfast last Fall. It was one of the least expensive character meals at WDW and the entire meal & characters were excellent. Standard breakfast food, service nice and friendly. Then a quick monorail over to MK.

Excluding signatures I'd offer up Via Napoli (best pizza ever), Sanaa (great food with animal views), Raglan Road (fun Irish food and drinks) or Kona (best breakfast on property). For a signature, my suggestions would either be Jiko or California Grill

Another Hoop Dee Doo Revue vote! Food is good & the show is very entertaining! My bf & I have been four years in a row now & haven't tired of it lol Also, we love Via Napoli- the pizza, apps, & pasta dishes are amazing. Other good ones.. BOG, we've only tried lunch but it's become a favorite & Ohana. After dinner, stroll over to the dock and watch Wishes, no body's around! It's quiet and relaxing!

Narcoosse's is the most consistent restaurant in WDW. We've been going there at least once a year for 12 years, and have never had a bad meal yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter