• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Refund Policy

CRSNDSNY

DIS Veteran
I spoke with DCL last night and their refund deadlines have changed. I apologize if this is old news, but I haven't read it on here yet.

Up to 74 days prior to boarding you can get 100% refund instead of the 60 days as was previously.

Do you know if that includes cruises already booked? If so, when will they let everyone know that their policies have changed? Don't you have to make final payment at 75 days out too now?

I'm not sure when this new policy became effective (or is that 'affective'?), but I can't imagine it would be retroactive.

The new policy isn't retroactive, only applies to new bookings made since last week. The 75 days, actually is more the standard in the cruise industry than the 60 DCL offered. DCL's old policy was actually very generous, most are 75 days, with a few being 90 days.

the policy took effect 9/8/2004 and only applies to cruises booked that day or after ... there's also a new policy about the amount of deposit required, based on category of stateroom and length of cruise.

Here's the word from All Ears:
Disney Cruise Line Deposit Policy Change Effective 9/8/04:

The required deposit for all Disney Cruises in the extremely popular suite category has increased. For three- or four-night cruises, the deposit has changed from $200 to $400. For six- or seven-night cruises, the deposit has increased from $250 to $500. And, for cruises that are 10 or more nights in length, the deposit has increased from $250 to $700. In addition, the deposit for room categories 4-12 has increased on cruises that are 10 or more nights in length from $250 to $350.

Deposits for suites for all cruises are now required within three days of booking rather than seven days. Deposits for staterooms in categories 4-12 are required in five days rather than seven days.

Final payment for suites is changed from 60 days to 90 days, and final payments for staterooms in categories 4-12 has changed from 60 days to 75 days for three to seven-night cruises, and from 90 days to 75 days for 10+ night cruises.

http://www.allearsnet.com/cruise/cruise.shtml

I apologize for posting a similar thread...I didn't see the one MarkRG linked to....I was in WDW all last week. :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter