New refillable mugs

Don't worry, I spike it with the whisky I smuggle into the MK to deal with all those brats in strollers all day.

Oh you're the one who roams the stroller parking areas and spikes the sippy cups then? :rotfl:

Hmmmm...this has me thinking. Tell me where you'll be and I'll park my stroller full of sippy cups right next to you. Oh, and skip spiking the sippies....spike my refillable mug! (that I purchased specifically for this trip, this stay, this resort) ;)

Hmmmm...this has me thinking. Tell me where you'll be and I'll park my stroller full of sippy cups right next to you. Oh, and skip spiking the sippies....spike my refillable mug! (that I purchased specifically for this trip, this stay, this resort) ;)

Or you could just lurk there and 'borrow' the sippy cups ;)

I have to say, this must be the nicest refillable mug thread I have ever visited :cool1:

Don't worry, I spike it with the whisky I smuggle into the MK to deal with all those brats in strollers all day.

Mine will have a glow light on the handle with a red scarf. I could use some in mine if you'd care to share...I need a pick me up as pushing my pre-teen around gets me very worn out :drinking1 You can just put in my silver 2003 Contemporary mug ;)

Yeah, the mug policy stinks. Always has, always will. But what can you do? Hey, I've never had a WDW vacation for less than $4000. I'm not gonna gripe too much about a couple extra bucks for some mugs. Consider them your first souvenirs of the trip! Just have fun and enjoy your trip!!

Are those mugs going to cost more, considering the new "embedded technology"? If so, that would seem unfair to All-Star guests.

Oh man, I will park on the other side then!!

Or you could just lurk there and 'borrow' the sippy cups ;)

Thinking the sippy cups are a good idea less spillage!!

I have to say, this must be the nicest refillable mug thread I have ever visited :cool1:

:rotfl::rotfl:

Oh thank you I needed that laugh!

I am HAPPY to pay for those, I said ;).

Full disclosure: I don't buy mugs at all, I'm a water/milk drinker only, and buy the bottles (not wasting paper cups ;)). These threads are just fun, and cheap-ness amuses me.

Yeah, that jive turkey complaining about wasting paper cups for free water in the other thread. (It was apparently OK to get a paper cup if you bought a drink. Also was OK to get a paper cup for free Club Cool samples, he didn't rant about that.) All I could think of was, I'm so glad I'm not married to that person. :)

Are those mugs going to cost more, considering the new "embedded technology"? If so, that would seem unfair to All-Star guests.

There shouldn't be any change in price. The RFID chips cost only a penny or two. Of course, I can't tell you for a fact as I'm not there right now.

Or bigger. Definitely bigger.

Size (when it comes to sippy cups) does matter. :rotfl2:

Isn't it refreshing to have a nice thread? This is how is SUPPOSED to be. I think. It's how I want it to be. And someday, when I'm the boss, that's how it will always be. ;)

A Dis pickup line: "Hey baby... come to these threads often?" :cool2:

:thumbsup2

Mine will have a glow light on the handle with a red scarf. I could use some in mine if you'd care to share...I need a pick me up as pushing my pre-teen around gets me very worn out :drinking1 You can just put in my silver 2003 Contemporary mug ;)

HEY! That's MY mug! I use it every single trip. It came up missing the last time we were down. ;)

:lmao::rotfl2: I have occasionally missed my exit not paying attention to the signs and ended up on a few :rolleyes1

:cool1:

Disney is trying out a new concept. They are coming out with new refillable mugs with "chips" in them telling the soda machines what hotel the mug is from and can only fill up at that hotel. They will let you fill up once every five minutes. That means any old mugs you have even the most recent ones won't work and everyone would have to buy new. That stinks.

Why does stealing stink? because people cant do it anymore?

It's a totally different scale of attendance and likely not practical at WDW, but at Colonial Williamsburg (which I fondly refer to as the Disney World of history) one pays $10 for a refillable mug that is good for the entire year! (year printed on mug) and is good at various places within the resorts and historic area for soft drinks, lemonade, hot chocolate and even soft serve ice cream! Now that would be a dream at WDW!! And I did see people filling, drinking and then passing to another person in their party to use. Just a comparison.

I've been posting on this topic for the past week, i'm on the side that you should be able to use older versions (I know it's dishonest, "cheating", etc.). But let's just say i'm staying at the Contemporary Resort and I buy the new mug w/ the chip in it. What if I want to have lunch at the Polynesian? I have to buy there mug(I would never do that), or buy a plastic cup? I don't think thats fair, the mug should work at all resorts during your stay, that seems fair.

And one other quick point, how will people get soda who buy a plastic cup? Will they put chips in them too, or just fill them for you behind the food counter?

Any thoughts?

And if they come out with these mugs with chips meant for specific resorts only, I want the mug to be designed specifically to that resort. None of this general design. I liked it back when each resort mug was designed to each resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter