• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

new/redesigned iPods

Genius cannot figure me out. I have to laugh as it tries to come up with suggestions for me. My iPod is filled with a mixture of Disney music, my daugther's favorite and all the 80 & 90s "House" music which I work out to. There's also Sinatra, Dean Martin, Bobby Darin! Let's not forget about Colbie Caillat, and Alicia Keys. Genius just threw up its hands and walked off my computer!

:lmao:

LOL me too! I hate that it wants to move my songs. I am VERY organized with my iTunes and song lists and hate the though of it touching it. I even unchecked the download for it when I upgraded my Itunes, so how is it even there???

Is there a way to be sure it doesn't move anything ??

LOL me too! I hate that it wants to move my songs. I am VERY organized with my iTunes and song lists and hate the though of it touching it. I even unchecked the download for it when I upgraded my Itunes, so how is it even there???

Is there a way to be sure it doesn't move anything ??

I'm not liking Genius very well, either. I hate that you have to click on the podcasts individually to see anything about them...like if they've been updated or anything. I liked my simple little lists!

Sorry for the dumb question but what is the difference between an iPod touch and an iPhone? Besides the phone?

DD wants and iPod touch for Christmas, it would be cheaper to get her an iPhone but then I'd have the monthly data charges, thus eliminating the savings. :scratchin So, I was thinking of picking up the iPhone (while renewing my cell phone plan) but not using it as a cell phone but as an iPod touch, will this work? What do you think?

Sorry for the dumb question but what is the difference between an iPod touch and an iPhone? Besides the phone?

DD wants and iPod touch for Christmas, it would be cheaper to get her an iPhone but then I'd have the monthly data charges, thus eliminating the savings. :scratchin So, I was thinking of picking up the iPhone (while renewing my cell phone plan) but not using it as a cell phone but as an iPod touch, will this work? What do you think?

FH just got one for his birthday (the redesigned iPod touch - not an iPhone) and you're right - it seems the only difference is the phone feature. It has internet and everything (you just sync up to any wi-fi that is nearby.)

The internet difference between the two is the wi-fi feature....although I think the iPhone probably has this too. The iPod touch is pulling from any wireless high speed internet you sync up to. The data feeds on an iPhone would pull from your phone's data plan. Maybe someone will correct me though.

He has his phone paid for by work, so no need to have an iPhone. It seems it is the perfect solution for those who don't want to change service contracts, etc.

So all that said, I'm sure your plan would work - I don't know about the phone monthly fees/services though :) Maybe if you got the lowest monthly price, since you don't want it to be used as a phone.

It's an awesome little toy! I want one now!!

While a good idea in theory. AT&T won't let you do that. They have you activate the phones on the spot. You could buy a blacknarket phone, but expect to pay more than $200.

BTW bought DW an 8 gig touch. She loves it. Now she understands why I can't put my phone down.

I'm not liking Genius very well, either. I hate that you have to click on the podcasts individually to see anything about them...like if they've been updated or anything. I liked my simple little lists!

Did you see the screen view option in the right corner? You have to click it each time you open itunes, but it will return it to the classic view.

FH just got one for his birthday (the redesigned iPod touch - not an iPhone) and you're right - it seems the only difference is the phone feature. It has internet and everything (you just sync up to any wi-fi that is nearby.)

The internet difference between the two is the wi-fi feature....although I think the iPhone probably has this too. The iPod touch is pulling from any wireless high speed internet you sync up to. The data feeds on an iPhone would pull from your phone's data plan. Maybe someone will correct me though.

He has his phone paid for by work, so no need to have an iPhone. It seems it is the perfect solution for those who don't want to change service contracts, etc.

So all that said, I'm sure your plan would work - I don't know about the phone monthly fees/services though :) Maybe if you got the lowest monthly price, since you don't want it to be used as a phone.

It's an awesome little toy! I want one now!!

While a good idea in theory. AT&T won't let you do that. They have you activate the phones on the spot. You could buy a blacknarket phone, but expect to pay more than $200.

BTW bought DW an 8 gig touch. She loves it. Now she understands why I can't put my phone down.

Thanks for the info ! :thumbsup2

I think I may have one of the few people to like the nano 3g. I agree that the screen's no much use for watching videos, but I liked how thin it was and how much improved it was over my mini.

I'm definitely experiencing new iPod envy, but there's not much I can do about it - I have to wait 'til my nano breaks so I have an excuse to get a new one... :sad2:

Did you see the screen view option in the right corner? You have to click it each time you open itunes, but it will return it to the classic view.

I set mine up to view list (the old way) by the "view" option. I don't have to hit anything, it now stays that way :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter