New Puppy! Need a Disney Name!

561901_10151254313506063_1973829704_n.jpg

Puppy on left and Jasmine on right

Disney animal names! After a puppy mill raid at her my aunt was fostering a bunch of puppies (she had three litters!) and one of the litters had all Disney names. Off the top of my head there was Cinderella "Cindy", Beast, Aurora "Rory" (who is actually my dog now) and Thumbelina (who isn't Disney, but still animated). You could go with Snow White and just call her Snow? Of course there's the obvious other Disney princesses Ariel, Rapunzel, Mulan, Pocahontas, Belle, and Tiana. You could even go with Merida?

Other Disney related names I like: Perdita, Danielle and Collette (Lady's daughters), Anastasia and Drizella, Minnie, Cleo, Alice, Wendy, Tiger Lily (I think that could be adorable on a dog), Charlotte or Lottie, Ellie, Kiara, Violet, Megara or Meg, Atta or Dot (don't know if her markings are sort of like spots or not, but Dot could be adorable).

Disney animals (limiting it to girls, but you get the idea and excluding ones I already mentioned): Lady, Nala, Sarabi, Zira, Mittens, Marie, Duchess, Kala, Terk, Dory, Dinah, Vitani, Marian, Peg, Faline, Angel, Dixie.

We named our cat Epcot, and say it is because he is a ride (Active little thing!) Since you have a Jasmine, what about Rajah(isn't that her pet tiger?) there is Duchess from Aristocats. And there is always Perdita from 101 Dalmations.

Let's see, Daisy, Clarabell, Minne, Tink, Perdita, Alice, Lilo, Belle, Briar Rose, Ariel, and Silvermist all come to mind.

Other Disney related names I like: Perdita, Danielle and Collette (Lady's daughters), Anastasia and Drizella, Minnie, Cleo, Alice, Wendy, Tiger Lily (I think that could be adorable on a dog), Charlotte or Lottie, Ellie, Kiara, Violet, Megara or Meg, Atta or Dot (don't know if her markings are sort of like spots or not, but Dot could be adorable).

We have a Perdita (we call her Perdy) and a Liberty Belle (the steamboat) (we call her Liberty or Libby) and LOVE their names. People always compliment on how pretty their names are.

I do have to say that I like the suggestion of Tiger Lily, though, b/c your pup looks like a spitfire just like Tiger Lily. :) Good luck with your new pup, they're a lot of work but oh so fun!

I was going to suggest Genie which someone else also said. I like how they go together, Jasmine and Genie.

Also if it helps to narrow it down, I read once that dogs respond best to names with two syllables.

I don't know if anyone else suggested Lady (from Lady and the Tramp).

My lab's name was Cinders and she was not named after a Disney character. But! You could easily name her Cinderella and call her Cinders for short :) I can personally attest that my Cinders and the dog she was named after (an old friend's dog) were both terrifically sweet animals! Good luck and enjoy your furbabies!!

We got a beautiful shetland sheepdog when we first got married and we named her Princess Tiger Lily (Peter Pan) and called her Lily for short. We lost our beloved girl a few years back, but wanted to mention her name.

Good luck with your precious new puppy!!

Thanks everyone!! My boyfriend really likes Mila and finally is admitting he likes Nala. I really dont like Mila, so Im happy we are compromising finally lol. So as of now its leaning towards Nala (and I think its because it sounds alittle like Mila)but im torn because i love so many names that you are suggesting.

Our Boston Terrier pup has rather large "bat wing" ears and looked exactly like Stitch when she was a pup, since she is a girl, we couldn't name her Stitch, so she is Lilo.. Hope the link works...

560386_10151075154534226_169293301_n.jpg

We just got 2 golden retriever puppies the end of august and we named them Simba and Nala. They are the best ever!! My 4yr old DS named them and he named them perfectly!! They do look like little lions!!

Our two Goldens are named the same thing for the same reason, they looked like lions... seemed a natural fit.

I don't how this would fit a kitten, but I 've already decided that I want to name our next dog EPCOT. It's not even my favorite park, but I just thought it would be fun.

(I hope my little Shih Tzu Rocky does not read this. I am NOT trying to push him out to make way for a new one!)

We just got a puppy in April and named her Nala. It really suits her and we love the name, but I have to say that nobody seems to be able to say it or remember it. We get Nola and Nila a lot. She is a mix--shih tzu and bichon. Mostly white with some tan markings, especially her face and ears. Simba's mate was Kiara. I like that a lot too.

We have a Belle, and it's so funny but when I look at her I really do see a similarity to Beauty! And then it's even funnier when her Beast side comes out ...

We just got a puppy this past weekend and named her Belle. We wanted something Disney related, and Beauty & the Beast is one of DS's favorite movies. So Belle it is!

We ended up agreeing on Nala. Lol my boyfriend is still getting used to it and has to think sometimes when he tries to call her. But Im glad we agreed! Thanks for all the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter