New prices for Wishes dessert party?

Coca-Cola

Mouseketeer
I just read on another Disney forum that prices for the Wishes Dessert Party have increased. Does anyone know if this is ture, and how much it has gone up by?

Thanks

I too would be interested in any history of pricing someone might have
thanks!

I just read here http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours.htm#dessertupdate that the new price is $27.68/adults & $14.09/kids (including tax). It sounds like fun for a special occassion, but I just don't know if I'd want to spend $55 for us to eat dessert. I'm not ruling it out completely (& I think it's great for people that want to do something extra special on vacation), but I'm still on the fence.

It's higher than that. I booked for 12/13 and paid about $36 per adult. It's on the Disney world website. I think it's $15 for kids.

Not sure why it is posted as a "new" price. I bought my tickets back in July and paid the 27.68 price. :confused3

We paid the $27 price in August, as well.
I think that may have been the higher "seasonal" price, since it was summer.
So the $27 may be the new "regular" price, but $35 is the new "seasonal" maybe?
I think they are getting too high....I know $27 was the most we would pay, and even then, it was a one- time splurge.

That price is not new, as that has been the price for quite awhile now. The $35.00 price for December is new though.

I honestly can't believe people are paying these prices - we thought the $17.00 we paid last July when it first started was a lot. $35.00 is the price of a character buffet, for goodness sakes!

Honestly, it's cream puffs, iced tea and pudding. It's not worth those crazy prices!

I hope you all have a good experience for those very high prices, Tiger

I don't think I'd pay more then $25 or so for it. Maybe if I was with a first-timer or something and wanted to do something special, but not just for me.

DH and I went August 2009 and paid 17.00 each for the dessert party. Our trip this October our 13 yo DGD will be with us and she loves dessert so we paid the 27.00 each to go. I realize it's not just dessert but front row seats for fireworks and the parade. I doubt we do it again, especially if the cost goes up again.

Wow! I can't believe the price has increased so much. We went the first week it was offered and while I don't remember the per person cost, we were a fam of 5- 4adults 1 kid for pricing. I think the total bill was around $75 and I thought that was a little pricey. I know you are getting the private seating, but that is a lot of money for desert.
It is a nice thing to try and makes for a nice special occasion. I am happy we did it once, but probably won't do it again.
Just my 2 cents

DH and I went August 2009 and paid 17.00 each for the dessert party. Our trip this October our 13 yo DGD will be with us and she loves dessert so we paid the 27.00 each to go. I realize it's not just dessert but front row seats for fireworks and the parade. I doubt we do it again, especially if the cost goes up again.

You can't really see the parade at all. I see that you attended the Dessert Party before, so not sure about you thinking you will be able to view the parade - that venue is way far set back from the street, so it's virtually impossible to see anything, but a few fuzzy parade floats that go by, way off in the distance.

I don't want you to be disappointed at all, but if you are hoping to see the parade, you aren't going to really see much of anything.

Hope this helps, and that your DGD likes her desserts! Tiger :)

You can't really see the parade at all. I see that you attended the Dessert Party before, so not sure about you thinking you will be able to view the parade - that venue is way far set back from the street, so it's virtually impossible to see anything, but a few fuzzy parade floats that go by, way off in the distance.

I don't want you to be disappointed at all, but if you are hoping to see the parade, you aren't going to really see much of anything.

Hope this helps, and that your DGD likes her desserts! Tiger :)

I guess I was too liberal about the parade and front row seats. You are right, you really can't see a lot of it but I've seen the parade at least 30 times so just watching the top of it is good enough for me! We aren't "stake out your spot an hour in advance to get a good seat" kind of parade people. Anyway, last Aug the desserts were fabulous and all we could think of was how much Haley would like it so we are doing it again.

I guess since we are already booked for December and paid in full we are locked in at our current price that we paid...I think $27 Total for 4 was $110 and that was my limit...........:rolleyes1 We booked back in June...:eek:

So $35...OMG:confused3 That is way too much...Glad I am in on the cheaper price and I think that is high....This will probably be our one and only time for me niece's Birthday..I am surprising my family..They have no idea.:goodvibes

Crazy, but I bet people will continue too pay no matter how much they raise the prices...

I hope the extra viewing experience is worth it...I will post when we return.

I am going in October too so I am going too go look at the area that they have the party. Check it out!:thumbsup2

When we go in October to the Dessert Party, we are not eating dinner that night and saving the TS credit for another meal. Maybe have a late afternoon snack or something. I'll probably make myself sick on the sweets!

We just did it 10 days ago. I figured it would be a nice way to end our trip to do it on our last night. While it was nice and the desserts were good, I don't consider it worth the $84 price tag (2 adults, 2 children) and will probably not do it again.

We just did it 10 days ago. I figured it would be a nice way to end our trip to do it on our last night. While it was nice and the desserts were good, I don't consider it worth the $84 price tag (2 adults, 2 children) and will probably not do it again.

Very true. We did it at the beginning and at the lower price. It was fun to do once but even $27 has priced its self out of my budget.

We will buy a few desserts or use our snack credits and make our own fireworks dessert buffet this trip. The view is nice but not really unlike any other view in that area that can be had for the price of admission.

I agree it's impossible to eat enough dessert to justify the price. Even the drink lines were long when we were there in June.

But, we went on a night when it was about half-full so it was great. Not crazy busy once everyone got their first plate of desserts. We went up to the wall all the way to the right to watch the fireworks, so we didn't have a dead-on view of the castle but we were the only ones there. We were right under Tinkerbell's wire, so she was about 10 feet above our heads when she went by.

It was great to do it once, and I did it because of the Summer Nightastic fireworks. I don't see the value for regular Wishes.

Going back and looking at my credit card statement, I did only get charged the $27 price..but I booked in August. Not sure when the new price starts, but that's what's listed on the Disney website.

We went in May, and the price was less than $50 for two adults. Somewhere in the $46 range? Oh, and we were celebrating our anniversary so our table was front and center (between the two other couples celebrating) and our favorite part was the crowds of people trying to get places after while we sipped on our drinks! While it will be awhile before we do something like that again, I do see how for some people, it can be worth the price. But if I asked DH to do the $35 price, he'd just laugh at me.

As far as eating your $$ in desserts, its kinda hard. A table next to us of 2 adults in their early 30s had nearly every desert, and every kind of drink on their table. They barely made it through half before the fireworks and then never returned to eat the rest as the woman was determined to have a space leaning against the wall for the show. We saw it fine from our seats so we thought this was definitely hilarious. Just one of those families that you can't help but watch...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter