New Post Office Regulations - Read Before You Mail Again

Same with me...just mailed several packages at PO. ID was not necessary and even though I took LBE's open, they told me that was not necessary either.

Leslie

This afternoon I went into my Post Office, which is the Sectional Center (Main Post Office) for Northern Virginia (and just outside Washington DC). I checked with two window clerks and the shift supervisor. The concensous was it is an interesting rumor, but only a rumor. There is no truth to ANY requiring of ID when mailing a package.

However, for several years the Post Office has had a rule, at the request of the FAA, that no package over one pound could be sent via Air Mail (including Priority Mail) unless it was presented at a window (even if proper postage was on it).

DH mailed two LBEs from our local (Washington, DC suburb) post office.
No questions were asked, not even about the LBE heading to Japan.

Geez,

I feel so silly, I heard it on the news, I swear.

I will go tomorrow and see what happens.

I will let you know.

Geez, I am going to be impeached.

Darlene
Vice Peachident
Flex Queen

FYI-I sent a package to Japan on Thursday of last week fully expecting to take some time. They received the package yesterday!!! Super fast I think, faster than normal. Go figure.

Have no fear, you will not be imPeached. :D

You serve in a country that has a long history of ignoring when their leaders mis-speak. :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter