New POP Fridge Swap Beginning Sept 11

My last email to wvgoofyfan on 11/1 said that memorymakers had already left and would be leaving the fridge in luggage services with her name and reservation info on it. Luggage services will keep the fridge up to 30 days so there is no problem there. I did call and verify this.
The fridge is ready for wvgoofyfan to pick up and that is how it was left.
Memory makers was at WDW and had no way to get any new info. So there was no way to add someone to the swap..
I was also away with my family since my kids are offtrack this month and just got back last night.

All the emailing and PMing going on, again not sure why there is so much confusion on this issue. I have done many of these swaps, they are pretty simple actually. I did TWO this trip in fact and this one is very much a mess for some odd reason.

We left the fridge there, with bell services upon leaving, with the next person on the lists name.....wvgoofyfan's (her real name of course and her ressie number, everything we were supposed to do).

As for the claim ticket, you do NOT need this, you simply don't! The person before me didn't give me one....didn't matter one bit. When we got into the room, we picked up the phone, called bell services, said we have a fridge waiting for us, my name is xxxx and 15 minutes later, a fridge in my room! That is the way it always works, VERY simple. There is no need for all this stress over this.

Sorry for coming across however you feel I am, but just too much stress over this, too many emails and PMs, for really no reason. Disney is fully aware of the fridges, and are used to dealing with them. It didn't get lost, or stolen or anything, it is there.

Truth be told, the new person arriving earlier can simple say she is wvgoofyfan (real name of course) and they will bring it to her, same way...if for some reason you can't get it changed over the phone before she goes.

Hi -- I'm the new person/requestor!:flower3:

No big deal if I can't get in on the fridge. I am signed up for another swap from Nov. 18 - 23. My sis-in-law is also going to be at WDW at the same time, has a baby and needs a fridge for baby stuff. I thought if we could get two fridges that would be great!:cool1: But I can give her the other fridge instead!

Nikita

I am going to repost as I think my post was during a down time-

Is it possible to use the fridge from April 27-May 3- thanks, Jen

Looked all thru the thread and can't find the size of the coffee pot. Anyone who used the pot, could you please post- 4 cup, 12 cup????

Thank you very much!

:santa:

I am interested in the week of Aug 3 - 9, 2008. Is this week available? Please PM me and let me know. I didn't know which thread to use.

Thanks in advance!!

Bump, see post three times back about coffee pot. Anyone out there know the size?

Thanks

WVGoofyfan

I do not remember the exact size of the coffee pot. I think it was standard size, I know it takes regular filters.

scramez,

I'm new to DIS Forums, so I'm unable to post you a private message -- I don't have my "ears" yet.

My family and I will be arriving at POP Century on Feb 8 and checking out Feb 12. Is the fridge available for these dates? You can e-mail me at byteshredder@gmail.com or reply to this forum post.

Thanks!

-byteshredder-

Just wanted to try and make contact with TinkerbellRN to exchange info for the swap.
Happy Holidays!

Hello all,

Back from the POP and wanted to let all know that the fridge swap is OK. Pop Century has a new system and logs all the fridges, etc.

The fridge was delivered promptly. All you have to do is pick up the phone and call luggage services. Be sure you have the information to put on the outside of the boxes for the next person in line.

The fridge box has a large Nemo sticker on the size. The boxes could use some more reinforcing with strong packing tape. I left extra coffee for Donna. I only used the fridge for some leftovers and cold water, but made coffee every morning. I did not use the toaster. Did not even take it out of the box.

For all those going after me, there is a permanent filter inside the coffee pot but I recommend you use a filter pack like Maxwell House.

I enjoyed my 1st trip at Christmastime, but got some bad news on the trip so this was not best time at Disney.

Hoping this all finds you well.

Hi all-
Just thought I would post an update.
I just received a PM from TinrbellRN stating the frig, toaster and coffeemaker
are all great! the swap is working well.

We are up next, leave the 17th. Hopefully the big Nor'easter snow storm coming on Sunday won't foul up our plans.
Take Care and Happy Holidays everyone!

Wow, I am glad to hear that she received the fridge, toaster and coffee pot. I did not have her name or reservation number to put on the outside of the boxes, I only put her Disboard user name.

Thank you for the coffee Doris

Donna:santa:

Merry Xmas!! Just got back tonight. Everything was great with the frig swap and coffeemaker. Luggage Services brought it up to our room. We were to give frig to seasheller yesterday the 24th. Boxed it and laebled it then brought down to luggage services. Funny thing happened... when we got back to our room at 11:45 pm the frig was back in our room. They somehow delivered it bck to us. So this morning I brought it back down again and left a phone message for seasheller.
We did not use the coffee maker but one time so I left a lot of Maxwell House coffee filter packs in the frig. Hopefully someone can use them.
Happy Holidays!

I guess I am the next one to have the fridge! I have a grocery order coming and have a lb of coffee coming in it. I packed some paper filters from home, and will leave any leftovers there.

How heavy was it to lift in/out of the box?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter