New Planet Hollywood Reality Check

RJMC

Mouseketeer
So the new Disney Springs Planet Hollywood 'Observatory' is open - and here's a comparison of menu photos, and what is actually being served...

First up - the Supernova milkshake desserts

Heres what they advetise it will look like....

Planet-Hollywood-Observatory-Listing-720x540-8c6239.jpeg

And here is what is being served up....

Planet-Hollywood_Full_29508_1.jpeg

Burgers as advertised...yummy yummy....

Planet-Hollywood-Observatory-MacNCheese-720x540-eaaa2f_1.png

and as served..... (although not the exact same burger)

Planet-Hollywood_Full_29518_1.jpeg

The burger looks good, but the milkshake looks pitiful. Hope it tasted better than it looks. Black Tap in NYC seems to have started this trend. I would prefer it all in a bowl with a spoon!

"A real picture is worth a thousand words". I made an ADR at PH for our July trip because of those fabulous milkshake and burger photos. Go figure. Whoever created that sad looking shake obviously needs a class in 'milkshake art'.

Last edited:
Only frame of reference I have is what I read on here and Disney folks I follow on Twitter.... but I find myself asking, why does this place even exist? It just doesn't make sense in the middle of the great dining experiences they've created at DS.

Planet Hollywood and Hard Rock were the "thing" when I was a teenager, but their time has passed.....

That milkshake is just unacceptable. It looks like it got left out in the sun LOL. I read a review from opening night nd it wasn't particularly favorable.

But reviews on the milkshakes say they are amazing! Much better than Toothsome at Universal.

Going to PH next month, I'm curious to see the renovations.

I would rather take a cab to Toothsome at City Walk than deal with that shake. There's just too much going on, and it looks really sticky:crazy2: I might eventually try it, but it's pretty far down my list, like I might even do Rainforest Cafe first, because I haven't eaten at the one at Disney Springs. A drink might be nice to see the inside. Plus, I can't stand Guy Fieri>:(

1) And, to think Guy Fieri was "proud" of his inspired menu items ?????
2) Almost as bad as the Arron Sanchez menu items at House of Blues.
3) I guess if you have a Food Network "Name" you can create any piece of junk and have Disney sell it.

I honestly thought all the Planet Hollywoods closed around the country...(with good reason :p)

I dont get the milkshakes! Who wants to dig chocolate and goodies off the outside of a mug? Or is it just waste to look good?

I agree. I think this is one of the dumbest food trends in a long time. It is just over the top gluttony and they seem really messy.

Hmm . . . these look like the shakes that the new chocolate factory in Universal is serving.

I would rather take a cab to Toothsome at City Walk than deal with that shake. There's just too much going on, and it looks really sticky:crazy2: I might eventually try it, but it's pretty far down my list, like I might even do Rainforest Cafe first, because I haven't eaten at the one at Disney Springs. A drink might be nice to see the inside. Plus, I can't stand Guy Fieri>:(

I totally agree! Guy Fieri's voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me. Everything he says is so over the top it is ridiculous. Those shakes look nauseating to me. Why would I want to eat stuff that has to be scraped off the side of the glass? :crazy2: is right!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter