New Placeholder Policy

shburks

DIS Veteran
Effective immediately, Guests sailing with Disney Cruise Line can take advantage of the onboard offer without selecting an actual sailing date.

This new placeholder process allows you to book the onboard offer without booking a reservation for a specific sail date. The confirmation will include a confirmation number, but will not display details such as ship name, sail date or category. Once you decide on an actual sail date, you can reference the confirmation number when you call back to modify the booking.

Please note while this is a new process for confirming placeholder date reservations, there are no other changes to the current onboard offer policies, including the number of bookings allowed or the need to complete travel within 24 months from the date the reservation is booked.

Hmm, so basically you can hold it until you are ready to book? So you then put the 10% deposit down?

That's closer to the way most other cruise lines do it. This is much better and prevents the artificial increase of rates for the dummy cruise dates.

I like it for if I don't know the dates, but if I know exactly what I want to book it would be nice to have that option. Doesn't sound like they're going to have that though.

That will be awesome if there is the choice! :)

As I understand it you have to the choice to either book the cruise you want or a non-specific "placeholder". This will reduce the number of staterooms occupied by placeholder cruises.
This is how I see it also. If you actually know when you want to cruise - book the actual date. If you don't - then book a placeholder. I am glad that they finally have done this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter