new pirates boring

ratherbeinwdw

UN-offical park guide
pirate: pirate: did anyone else think that pirates is kinda boring for an "updated" ride? the song wasn't in it till the end and the song makes the ride!!!!!

i totally disagree. i love the new soundtrack bc the movie music i think is just fab. the effect of davy jones in the beginning is great. i love the jack sparrow add ins as well. they stayed tru to walt's vision of the ride and i love it!

I waven't seen the changes at WDW yet (22 more days!), but the changes at DL are pretty subtle and they just enhance the ride rather than changing it.

Melissa

msteddom said:
I waven't seen the changes at WDW yet (22 more days!), but the changes at DL are pretty subtle and they just enhance the ride rather than changing it.

Melissa

I absolutely agree with everything you said. I have not ridden at WDW yet, but love the DL version. I really liked the changes. I am always disappointed with the WDW version though. It is just too short and missing the feel of the DL version.

I love the new version even more than the old version. :thumbsup2 I think Disney did a good job with this one.

I havent ridden it yet 26 more days...I dont think I'll be dissapointed BUT I have to say that the song has always been a big thing for my family and the memories of it starting on the ride right after the little slide down was always the best part..

I love the new and old version. My first ride on the new one I was still a little skeptical of the changes, but after a few more trips I really like them. I think Disney did a wonderful job of preserving the classic attraction and at the same time updating it to take advantage of the new movies popularity.

Sorry you didn't like it OP, I can't WAIT to experience it on our first day in the "world". Captain Jack Sparrow ... here we come!! :thumbsup2 Maybe they will put Will Turner in next year ... ya know for Pirate's III!!!

Change is a part of life. They didnt get rid of a lot of the ride, they just added some things. If they had taken the whole ride and changed it around and made it basically the movie than I would be upset. Im just glad that the Haunted Mansion movie did horrible. Madame Leota must stay the same.

OK, no one hurt me but I've never seen either Pirates movies, don't plan on it either, not my cup og tea. But anyways, will the changes mean anything to me? Will I still get it?

Change? Oh my, I do not like change. How could they change it. Change is not good! LOL :rotfl:

We have not gotten to ride yet but Sept here we come! :banana:

CharityLynn said:
OK, no one hurt me but I've never seen either Pirates movies, don't plan on it either, not my cup og tea. But anyways, will the changes mean anything to me? Will I still get it?

Sorry, but you'll be pretty lost, if you ask me.

In the new version you ride past some stormy seas and deserted burial scenes with skeletons and crabs (what's THAT about?)

Then, after your boat makes a small drop (in the DARK!), you'll see a big battle scene with a pirate ship outside the city (its too BIG!)

During much of the rest of the ride, you'll see various scenes where pirates auction-off damsels... and others sit and drink while the town "burns".

There's an impossible-to-understand scene where a dog holds a set of keys while "prisoners" whistle for him to bring the keys to them (does that dog ever MOVE?)

Lots of gold and jewels and other treasures are piled up near the end.

And then there's some song that the pirates sing, Ho-Yo-Ho-Ho.... So-So ,if you ask me.

Why did they make so many changes from the OLD way?

I don't get it. :confused3

I miss the old pirate ride. Some of the old scenes are there but it's a lot shorter now to me and not as much fun as it use to be.

They still have the song right?!Yo Ho?!Please have the song!

Could someone who's ridden it already break it down into what's changed and what's the same?

I was upset about the idea of changes, then got over it, but now I'm worried again! Please alieve my fears and tell me they still have the song!! (and not just stuck at the end like OP said!)

I know the end scene has changed completely and there's another scene but I can't think of it off the top of my head. I'm looking for video of the old ride and I will let ya know.

I found a video of the new version.

To the OP: I believe that you may have to walk the plank now!!!

I've not seen the new ride--closed for refurb when we were there in May. I've only seen the photos here on the DIS. But ANYTIME you add Johnny Depp to ANYTHING--it can't be a bad thing!!! Yummy!!!!! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter