• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Pilot Program for Aug-Sep. 2007....Looks like FREE DINING

D said:
We will be in WDW for Christmas. We can book this now and then add names later? We would really like to take advantage of this with our family. Some friends of ours are getting married on Aug 10. Is is possible for us to book 2 rooms (one for us one for them) under our name and then change them to one in our name and one in their name later? Can we do this? Is this allowed????? This would be so good for their honeymoon!!!

What I was told is that you can add and delete names as long as you are not deleting the sponsor's name (person who was eligible to make the reservation.) But I'm hoping to do the same thing, so I would be interested if anyone has had previous expereince with this?!? We've always had annual passes. Do the park hoppers have names on them and does Disney check ID's?

I really hope to goodness we get free dining offered in April. I don't see us making it to WDW between now and Christmas. We are going either way, but it sure would be nice to save. We have 5 people in our family and four of us are over 10 :)

I just got back from WDW and did book our trip for next August....9 nights, 1 day base tickets, 2 adults, 2 children, Pop Century... $1100.

A few notes for those going. We stayed at Pop Century and we saw nothing advertising it....no flier in our room, nothing in the lobby, nothing on TV, etc. We went to the BCV for our breakfast ADR at Cape May and wandered around the lobby beforehand and didn't see a desk. As I looked more, I saw a small stand, kinda like a magazine rack, that said something about planning your next vacation and it had a "brochure" about the free dining for next August/September, giving a few details. The stand was in front of the Cruise Line desk, but the people there didn't know anything about it. The brochure said to fill out the card in it and place it in the drop box on the stand and someone would contact you in your room at the resort. Well, we had checked out of Pop and hadn't checked into the AllStars yet, so I wasn't able to put the room number down on the form. So, I just held onto it until the next day so I could put the room number on the form. So, the next day, we went to POR and found the same stand and still no one at the desk who could book this. This was also in the morning. So, I just dropped it in the box and hoped for the best.

When we got back to the room that night around 8:30 pm, there was a message blinking for us and it was "Sandra" at the POR "Next Stay Desk" and she said I could call her until 10pm at POR or I could call a phone number she gave me. So, I went ahead and called her at POR. The front desk had a hard time figuring out who she was and how to transfer me to her, but they finally did and I was able to book my trip (yeah!). She said that she takes over the Cruise Line desk at 1pm each day, so that's why I hadn't seen any CM I could talk to, since I was there in the mornings.

She said they're trying it out to see if they need to have "Next Stay" staff at the resorts on a more consistent basis.

Anyways, I hope that info helps someone....it was really disconcerting for me to expect to see a rep and then only see a drop box and a stand. I was getting worried I wouldn't get the free dining I had been hoping for. But, alas, in true Disney fashion, everything worked out great.

She said that she takes over the Cruise Line desk at 1pm each day

I will have to remember that one...not much use to have them call my room because I won't be in it between 8 AM and 2 AM. And it's only a two day trip. Can you leave them a cell phone number?

It's nice to see that they are not requiring you to purchase length of stay MYW tickets. Was there a minimum on the nights? Hope the same rules will apply if they offer to the general public.

No flyers or info on promo anywhere at Allstar Music. I was there for 3 days. Went to MK, Epcot and MGM. Guest service in the park did not know anything about it, front desk said to call Central Reservation between 7am-10pm. Called at 7am from lobby house phones. They will transfer you to the right department if you ask for the bounceback program. When you give them your name they will know you are there.

Booked POP-10 nights max. 1 day base ticket for 2 adults 2 children, standard, no insurance, total with taxes: $1193.

I'm so bummed! We're wanting to get end of September and didn't know about this program when we were at Disney Thanksgiving week. We're hooked now and have to go back ASAP!! I even had my TA call to see if they would honor it since I was there just didn't know - no such luck. I just hope they'll open it to the public! If so, when do they usually announce this?

Thanks.

Lori

modernscarlett said:
I'm so bummed! We're wanting to get end of September and didn't know about this program when we were at Disney Thanksgiving week. We're hooked now and have to go back ASAP!! I even had my TA call to see if they would honor it since I was there just didn't know - no such luck. I just hope they'll open it to the public! If so, when do they usually announce this?

Thanks.

Lori

Last year, they announced it the first week of April. However, it didn't start until mid-August, so maybe they'll announce it a little bit earlier this year if they are going to offer it again. We were at WDW during the first week of April, and when we got back I got on these boards and saw they were offering free dining again. Had to start planning another trip right away. ;)

modernscarlett said:

Thanks.

Lori

Last year it was announced early April for those w/Disney Visas & a few days later for the general public. It needed to be booked by the end of June I believe.

Here's som pixie dust for those of us not able to get the BounceBack!! :wizard:

I really hope they offer free dining. I was just there in Aug/Sept and it would have been great if this deal was offered then also

For anyone who booked on the bounceback, was there a minimum on the nights? Hope the same rules will apply if they offer to the general public.

TDC Nala said:
I will have to remember that one...not much use to have them call my room because I won't be in it between 8 AM and 2 AM. And it's only a two day trip. Can you leave them a cell phone number?

The form that they had did not have a space to leave a phone number. It just asked for your resort and room number. However, when she left the message on my room voicemail, she did leave a phone number where to call, as well as her location. So, you could just fill out the form and when you get the message (at 2am :crazy: ), you could call her/him the next day at your convenience. I called the front desk at POR and asked for "Sandra" at the Next Stay Vacation Desk and they did eventually get me to her. So, you should be fine.

I might be there in March. Is this program expected to still be exclusively for people staying there at that time or will it be offered to the public by then?
Thanks!

If you check the first post of this thread it gives all the info for this "Bounce Back Program". At this time, the program is only offered until 12/31/06 for guests at WDW resorts. Now whether they extend this offer, who knows. :confused3

Check out the first post it will give you all the info you need.

Have a great trip :wizard:
Deb

Mickdeb said:
Check out the first post it will give you all the info you need.

Deb

Did that and it says the package is for 5 nights. So there is a minimum and maximum of 5 nights? If that is true then why are some able to book 9 nights. I think the information provided in the first post was an example. Now getting back to my question, is there a minimum night stay on the bouncback program?

With all packages like this with Disney, there is a min. of 3 nights. Max of 10 it looks like.

missmun52 said:
I really hope they offer free dining. I was just there in Aug/Sept and it would have been great if this deal was offered then also

The free dining WAS offered during your time there! Last part of August thru September 2006. We thoroughly enjoyed eating ourselves to death during Labor Day Week.

Why are some of you only buying 1 day tickets? Do you have an AP or is it cheaper to get tickets elsewhere?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter