• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Pilot Program for Aug-Sep. 2007....Looks like FREE DINING

MemoryMakers2669

<font color=green>Would rather have a sippy tag th
Just got this email, but don't see it posted here.........

Walt Disney World to offer a Future Stay Special Package
to Disney Resort Guests During Pilot Progam

Discount Future Stay Pilot Program: On November 8th, Walt Disney World will begin a Pilot Program at certain Walt Disney World resorts to see if guests would be interested in booking their next vacation at a special discounted rate. The Pilot program will run through December 31st. The special offered is a 5 night/5 day vacation package that includes a standard room at a Value Resort, a base Magic Your Way Ticket and the Disney Disney Plan. Rates start at $453 per adult ($194 savings). Any guest staying at a WDW resort during this time will be able to book the special package. You must travel from August 5, 2007 and September 29, 2007 with a minimum stay of three nights.

There are two test areas. The first is Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts and Port Orleans. You will see a special "Your Next Disney Vacation" desk located in the lobby of the Beach Club and Port Orleans Riverside. A Disney Reservation Center Sales Agent will be at these locations to book the future trip special package right then.

The second test area is Disney's Pop Century and Contemporary Resort. These resorts will not have the special podium in the lobby. Interested guests will be given a phone number to call to book the special package with the Disney Reservation Center

Various methods will be used to inform guests at the test resorts including: in-room messaging, lobby signage, messages on receipts at that resort's food and merchandise locations when you use your Key to the World Card.

You must be staying at a Walt Disney World owned and operated resort to qualify for this special. You must book and place your deposit prior to check-out. You can request your travel agency gets credit for the booking when you make your deposit.

oh, this is on the front page of Debs site, btw! I got it in an email and wasn't sure where it came from...but that is where.

I like this idea a lot. Many WDW guests talk about their next Disney vacation way before they leave and this is an excellent way to snag the deal. Great idea on Disney's part and great convenience. My only beef with it is that you have to book a Value resort package. I think it should be available for mods and deluxes as well.

I don't think you have to book a Value. All their specials show the pricing based on a 5 night stay at a Value, I think that is all that means. They wouldn't market the Values at the Yacht, Beach and Contemporary I don't think, having a table set up and all.

THey sure are trying to get those hotels filled up during Hurricane season! LOL!! Guess that means no Free dining then!

polkadotladybug said:
THey sure are trying to get those hotels filled up during Hurricane season! LOL!! Guess that means no Free dining then!

I thought exactly the same thing. Actually the savings, $194 is about what the ddp is for a 5 day stay, so it's actually free dining without calling it free dining. I did see a post recently, probably a CM, saying that we should stay tune as the free ddp is going to be a different type of package, so am wondering if this is what they were talking about. Of course, you have to be in WDW to book this, and many of us are not, so you can only book this package if you're already there???this will affect a few folks.

Is this for any Disney resort guest, or only those staying at YC/BC, Pop, CR, and POR? Can I stop by BC or POR when I'm there in Dec staying at WL/Poly and book a package? Or go to the CR front desk and request the phone number?

My AP expires the end of July.... Can you upgrade the MYW tix to renew your AP? ;)

Since it is a base pass, will we be able to upgrade at a later date (to park hopper)? This is great because we came home and started preparing for our next trip!

pixiedust247 said:
Since it is a base pass, will we be able to upgrade at a later date (to park hopper)? This is great because we came home and started preparing for our next trip!

In the past there has never been a problem upgrading your passes. Hopefully that will stay the same.

TiggerAllie said:
My AP expires the end of July.... Can you upgrade the MYW tix to renew your AP? ;)

I've done this several times, most recently 2 weeks ago and never have had any problems doing it. Of course, we never know what changes might occur in the future, but I would hope this is still an option that continues.

It's interesting because I've never seen them offer any kind of deal this far in advance. My guess would be that they would eventually offer the same deal to people who aren't already staying there, but maybe not until it gets closer to the travel dates.

I'm actually going to be there in December, so I'd be interested in this, but I have 2 kids in year round school who start the school year in late July. I also have 1 kid with a traditional school calendar, so my vacation date options are pretty limited.

the only problem that might occur from this is that if you already have tickets can you change the base ticket to a one day. I am assuming that this is a 5 day base ticket. I will be there tomorrow so I guess I can try to find out at Pop. Then it would be the amount we were able to get it for this year.

seems like this is the free dining package everyone has been waiting for. I hope they still offer it as they did in April. In order to get it you have to be there anytime from about now till December. If they would have done this about 3 months ago I would be set..........

The free dining is what was going to make me go back to disney next year, if they dont offer it, as much as I love Disney I think I may find myself under the sun on the wonderful Island of Jamaica!

That is too bad, I was planning on booking during the free dining time(if it became available) to take my DD down. My next trip isn't until April, so I guess I won't be qualifying for the discount.... :sad2:

Very interesting. We are going in 2 1/2 weeks and were planning on going again next September if this type of incentive was offered.

I'm looking forward to hearing back from some folks who are there now and do this to find out all the scoop!!

I've never done one of their discounted packages before, so I'm curious how the pricing changes when you add 2 children to the mix. I see how the $453 per adult, based on double occupancy, will get you the equivalent of the cost of a value room plus 5 day base tickets, so you essentially get free dining plan.

Can I assume that if I just add the cost of 5 day base tickets for 2 children, that would be the cost of the package for 2 adults and 2 children. Or, do they add some additional costs in there when you add the kids?

I'm also very curious to hear back from those who are there now (or going soon) to see if you can get just a 1 day base ticket instead of the 5 day base (or however many days your stay is).

We currently have room only reservations with the AAA discount because we have left over no expiration tickets. So, we weren't going to do the dining plan since we didn't need tickets. But, if we only have to pay for 1 day base tickets plus the difference in cost between room only AAA and rack, then it would make the dining plan worth it; i.e. less than full price of DDP.

Looking forward to all the reports! This would be wonderful....mom and I are going for just a few days in December for my birthday...if that package is what I'm hoping for, that sure would be a great birthday present!

Oh I hope they extend this to when we're there in July 2007! We would DEFINITELY book a future stay while in WDW. Maybe even 2 future stays if the availibility for our preferred travel time was there.

Keep us posted!

jamackin said:
I've never done one of their discounted packages before, so I'm curious how the pricing changes when you add 2 children to the mix. I see how the $453 per adult, based on double occupancy, will get you the equivalent of the cost of a value room plus 5 day base tickets, so you essentially get free dining plan.

Can I assume that if I just add the cost of 5 day base tickets for 2 children, that would be the cost of the package for 2 adults and 2 children. Or, do they add some additional costs in there when you add the kids?

I'm also very curious to hear back from those who are there now (or going soon) to see if you can get just a 1 day base ticket instead of the 5 day base (or however many days your stay is).

We currently have room only reservations with the AAA discount because we have left over no expiration tickets. So, we weren't going to do the dining plan since we didn't need tickets. But, if we only have to pay for 1 day base tickets plus the difference in cost between room only AAA and rack, then it would make the dining plan worth it; i.e. less than full price of DDP.

Looking forward to all the reports! This would be wonderful....mom and I are going for just a few days in December for my birthday...if that package is what I'm hoping for, that sure would be a great birthday present!

We're leaving in 22 days, so I can't wait to see all the details for this! I imagine the pricing for the kids works the way you described - the parents cost covers the room, the dining is free, so you just pay for your kids' tickets. I am fine with multiple days on the tickets IF we can upgrade them to renew our APs. I also want to be in a deluxe resort if we are staying for mroe than a few nights. The info says "minimum 3 nights" so I think there is flexibility in the length of stay. Hopefully DH will have his '07 schedule by then so we will know how long we can stay! :)

It's interesting because I've never seen them offer any kind of deal this far in advance. My guess would be that they would eventually offer the same deal to people who aren't already staying there, but maybe not until it gets closer to the travel dates.

I agree with WDW not offering something so far in advance. I wish they would concentrate on April, May, June. I guess that time of year gets skipped over again. The demand must be so high that they don't have to offer any discount or incentive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter