new PATs???

motogp

Mouseketeer
When exactly did these newer arrival times change and take affect? Was there notification sent to current cruisers who had already signed in that 11:00 was no longer the earliest time they could arrive? If so, I know we did not receive one since completing onboard check-in. We are Castaway Club members and am disappointed with the lack of information provided about this.

The Chang happened about 2 weeks ago. I didn't receive any information through Disney. I only found out about on the DIS.

I too only found out on Disboard. I was able to go back to my reservation and change the time to the earlier one even though I had already completed my on line check in. Was happy that I was able to change it.

Like the others I learned about the earlier times on the Disboards. We had already done the online check in so I went back to see what was available and the times had been adjusted to 15 minute increments starting at 10:30.

Like others I read about it on the DIS. We were at WDW and set to sail the next day. I was able to change our PAT from noon IIRC to 10:30 and a helpful concierge in the lobby of BW printed a new form for me.

We arrived about 10:15 and were allowed in the building a minute or two after 10:30. Checkin was very fast and we received boarding group 2. As it happened they called groups 1 & 2 at the same time so we were among the first families on board. Actually the first downstairs at Enchanted Garden.

However, I don't think I would do it again. We waited over half an hour for the restaurant to open. Cabanas, the fast food places and the pools all were scheduled to open at noon although we didn't venture up to see if that was the case.

I heard about it on my cruise group on FB.

It doesn't surprise me that Disney didn't announce it. While PAT is important to some, it may not matter to most.

Like others I read about it on the DIS. We were at WDW and set to sail the next day. I was able to change our PAT from noon IIRC to 10:30 and a helpful concierge in the lobby of BW printed a new form for me. We arrived about 10:15 and were allowed in the building a minute or two after 10:30. Checkin was very fast and we received boarding group 2. As it happened they called groups 1 & 2 at the same time so we were among the first families on board. Actually the first downstairs at Enchanted Garden. However, I don't think I would do it again. We waited over half an hour for the restaurant to open. Cabanas, the fast food places and the pools all were scheduled to open at noon although we didn't venture up to see if that was the case.

What time did they begin boarding?
Thanks

What time did they begin boarding?
Thanks

I think around 11:10-11:15. We were down in the area by Enchanted Garden before 11:30 even after ogling at the beautiful lobby.

I think around 11:10-11:15. We were down in the area by Enchanted Garden before 11:30 even after ogling at the beautiful lobby.

So they started boarding early, as well. But then nothing was really open -- restaurants, pool, etc. So, I guess I'm missing the point in early PATs and early boarding, to just stand around on the ship with nothing to do? Seems like DCL needs to work on this plan a little better.

So they started boarding early, as well. But then nothing was really open -- restaurants, pool, etc. So, I guess I'm missing the point in early PATs and early boarding, to just stand around on the ship with nothing to do? Seems like DCL needs to work on this plan a little better.

It was our first time aboard the Fantasy so I didn't know if boarding was earlier than normal. But I agree...there was basically nothing to do. One young lady was doing the game Midship Detective Agency which is a great idea but we had bags to lug around and frankly I didn't didn't want to lose a comfy seat on the couch in the deck 2 lobby. :)

I hope someone chimes in on the situation near Cabanas. I suppose it is a nice time to catch some rays if you are into that.

I would love getting on board that early just to stand around and do nothing. Anyone else agree?

I would love getting on board that early just to stand around and do nothing. Anyone else agree?

Definitely! It is ultimately getting people onboard faster and helping to funnel people out of the terminal faster. If you have things to do like sign up for tastings at GS, get galley tour tickets, or look into changing your Palo/Remy dining, this is the time. The spa was probably open then, so that is another option.

No one has said the pools weren't open?? One person said they were sitting on deck 2 one said they were at Enchanted Garden

I would rather be on the ship than standing in the terminal. I will go up on deck and enjoy the view.

According to our Naviagator, the pools were not open until noon. It also lists booking Palo/Remy and changing dining assignments starting at 1pm. This was different than my previous experience on the classic ships. I know that I waited until after lunch. Went directly to the Palo/Remy desk to book brunch and then enjoyed Meridian until the cabins were ready.

Cove Cafe, many of the lounges and Frozone treats opened at 11:30. The spa also opened at 11:30.

Since GS is 24/7, anything you need to do there would be an option I would think.

I was very excited to get on so early but would probably linger at WDW a bit longer next time. If I was at a hotel in the port, I would choose to enjoy the ship even with most things not open. YMMV.

According to our Naviagator, the pools were not open until noon. It also lists booking Palo/Remy and changing dining assignments starting at 1pm. This was different than my previous experience on the classic ships. I know that I waited until after lunch. Went directly to the Palo/Remy desk to book brunch and then enjoyed Meridian until the cabins were ready. Cove Cafe, many of the lounges and Frozone treats opened at 11:30. The spa also opened at 11:30. Since GS is 24/7, anything you need to do there would be an option I would think. I was very excited to get on so early but would probably linger at WDW a bit longer next time. If I was at a hotel in the port, I would choose to enjoy the ship even with most things not open. YMMV.

Even though it says the pools are not open until noon, they usually are ready well before that time. Our last cruise was a B2B and we were in the pool at 10:30.

It is great getting on early. You can get a good spot by the pool and start relaxing, even if you can't eat just yet.

Even though it says the pools are not open until noon, they usually are ready well before that time. Our last cruise was a B2B and we were in the pool at 10:30.

It is great getting on early. You can get a good spot by the pool and start relaxing, even if you can't eat just yet.

I wondered about that. That would help many families. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter