New Park?

pgowder

DIS Veteran
Talked to a castmember this weekend about the rumor of a new park with all thrill rides. The castmemeber we asked was our guide on Keys to the Kingdom tour.

He said that he had heard the rumor as well, and that all of the cast was hoping for a new park. He also said that there is an old road right outside of the Magic Kingdom that now has a 24 hour security guard and a gate!!

Could it be?

Wow, thanks for all the insight into this!! That clears it all up for me.

So can anyone else give me a little more information as to why this could or couldn't be happening??

Thanks!

pgowder said:
Wow, thanks for all the insight into this!! That clears it all up for me.

So can anyone else give me a little more information as to why this could or couldn't be happening??

Thanks!
The fact is it isn't.

CM's know about as much about the future of WDW as a rock. They are not told ANYTHING until the general public is told as well. CM are responsible for spreading tons of rumors over the years. As for the security gate. Disney has made many improvements and additions to their backstage security infrastructure in the past few years. This includes the construction of barricades that rise up and out of the ground at all of the backstage entrances to all four parks. As for a park with all thrill rides. It will never happen because it is a terrible idea. No matter how well themed the rides are a park of all thrill rides simply can't compete in the orlando market. This is perfectly clear if you look towards the attendance problems that IOA has.

While a new park might be "great fun" I'd rather they spend the money to add attractions to the existing parks. Sure would be nice if WoL were updated and reopened. Would love to see Figment ride improved. How 'bout the Sea Cabs in the LS. Rip out Kali Rapids rebuild it to at least the quality of Grizzly Rapids in DCA or Blutos Bilge Barges at IOA.While E:E will be a great addition to DAK, don't stop there. Bulldoze Carnyland and contract the Kirk brothers to design something a park like DAK deserves. And MGM is a topic all its own.

Right now all I want is four great parks. We can worry about a 5th later.

DoxaRich said:
While a new park might be "great fun" I'd rather they spend the money to add attractions to the existing parks. Sure would be nice if WoL were updated and reopened. Would love to see Figment ride improved. How 'bout the Sea Cabs in the LS. Rip out Kali Rapids rebuild it to at least the quality of Grizzly Rapids in DCA or Blutos Bilge Barges at IOA.While E:E will be a great addition to DAK, don't stop there. Bulldoze Carnyland and contract the Kirk brothers to design something a park like DAK deserves. And MGM is a topic all its own.

Right now all I want is four great parks. We can worry about a 5th later.
We just got back from the parks yesterday. And while I love the attractions, it is time for some new things. Thier new attractions do great like Soarin. I hope they will keep adding.

I would like to see some fixups to the older attractions as well.

Peter11435 said:
As for a park with all thrill rides. It will never happen because it is a terrible idea. No matter how well themed the rides are a park of all thrill rides simply can't compete in the orlando market. This is perfectly clear if you look towards the attendance problems that IOA has.

I agree!

DoxaRich said:
While a new park might be "great fun" I'd rather they spend the money to add attractions to the existing parks.

I agree! Money would be better spent on upgrading attractions and adding new attractions at the existing parks. I believe you have a better chance at a decent ROI by pursuing that strategy. Only after you've exhausted what you can do with investing in the existing parks over any given time, should Disney consider a new park. And then only if Disney has the cash and research shows sufficient increased revenues to support a decent ROI.

In other words, Disney should first spend their bucks on maintaining and improving what they have at WDW before spending them on a whole new park. There's the question, "How many theme parks can exist at WDW currently and still be profitable? If WDW can support another park, can Disney come up with a compeling theme?

With four parks at WDW, Disney may get a better return by building new parks elsewhere. (Yes, I know Disneyland Paris has not done well, but I believe that is/was more a management issue than that the concept was flawed. Just look at Tokyo Disneyland.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter