New Park Rumors

Conure

Batting .400
I have heard from several sources, that Disney may be building a new park. I am convinced these aren't true, but if there's any more info, can anyone back these up?

Possibility #1:Galactic Kingdom : A space themed park including shuttle simulators, etc. Modeled after future world & tommorowland. Other names being passed around: Space City & DisneyGalaxy

Possibility #2: A disney villains park. No details.

As I stated before, these are probably not true , but if anyone's heard anything tell me.

No info from me because this is the first I've heard of the Space Park rumor. I can't imagine Disney getting into something like that though (at least not in the U.S.) because the future gets old so fast. They'd have to keep updating the park to stay ahead of changing technology but Disney shows a marked unwillingness to refurbish in a meaningful matter nowadays. They could possible change Future World into some kind of a Space World but I think that this would take some serious money that Disney doesn't want to spend.

The Villains Park is constantly being mentioned on rumor boards and the like. I think it would be cool but I doubt that Disney will be building anything so expensive for a while. I can't see them building anything that could possible frighten kids and thus limit their audience either.

I'd love to read the thoughts of some of the others on this Space thing.

Originally posted by rippinguitarkid88
i heard somewhere that they are building a park called Beastly Kingdom. i saw it at the link below but i havent been there for awhile.

http://www.wdwmagic.com

Beastly Kingdom was another planned land that was supposed to go inside Animal Kingdom. IT was going to be the fantasy land of animals..(Dragon, Unicorns....) Due to ABC, GO.Com, Fox Family..DCA it does not seem that its going to happen. Although they have announced MT.Everest which sort of ties into the Beastly Kingdom theme.

There are on again off again rumors about a 3rd gate in Anaheim ... DLR bought up some property some time back and hasn't done anything with it yet ... but with the abysmal turnstile numbers of DCA, not sure they feel comfortable with a 3rd park in DLR right now.

Certainly the "below expected" performance of the 2nd gate in Anaheim and the 4th gate in Orlando have delayed any plans that may have existed for additional parks in the US.

Disney actually did have a website concerning a third gate in Anaheim, but they let the site expire months ago. The rumor was that a water park was the most likely choice...

I woudl be more excited with REHABS and taking care of the existing parsk than adding on another one...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter