new package coming out May 5...7 days for 5?!(update on 4)

I don't think that they will do a 6 for 5. I don't think they change from the number of nights.

jstbcz...

Last year we had our trip booked and the PHP bought. Normally you can not return the PHP, but since they came out with the package they were more than happy to let me return my PHP for a FULL refund. They give you a mailing address to return them and when they receive the tickets they will refund your Credit Card. I fed-ex the tickets as I wanted assurance that they got there. It went smoothly, took about 5 business days to get the refund.

Originally posted by lovesdumbo
Dan, do you know when they announce AP rates for November last year?

Rates for Annual Passholders were released for November stays on August 28, 2003.

I booked my package last night in anticipation of this impending deal. We did the Fairytale Package last year. That was a better bargain. However, 29% off is still nothing to complain about!

In reference to the FW question, we did stay there in the cabins last year on the FTP and found it to be a great deal. I believe for 6 of us, one being an extra adult, the price was around $2400 or $2500. That is a ballpark figure as I am only on my first cup of coffee and can't remember where my info from last year is.

Hi. This may be a silly question, but here goes. Under this deal, are you paying rack rate for the rooms and the UPH? Reason I ask is b/c I (only me) have an annual pass, and am wondering if this would work out cheaper for me. It's my DH, myself, 3 yo DS, and 1 yo DS. Planning on staying at a moderate. The way I had figured was...

AP rate in October for a moderate: approx. $100 w/tax. Planning on 6 nights, but could stay the extra if needed. $600

5 day PHs for DH and DS: approx. $240 + $180=$420

Total: $1,020

Does anyone who took advantage of the deal last year have comparative pricing, or could tell me which will work to my advantage?I'm assuming if the room and passes are at rack rate, I'm better holding out for a AP rate.

Thanks a lot! These boards are great!

okay we have 7 nights booked in october. We have a package, so all is looking good for changing over to this new deal. Here is the problem, we have prince and princess add on. Would this still be added on seperately or do you think this would go as 7 for 5 as well? I do want to keep that portion, maybe not enough to miss the savings but well I do like it.

J

I already booked 6 nights, and my airfare. So, will they do a 6 for 5?

Just book the 7 for 5 and check out after 6 nights if you have to...you're still getting 1 night free.

If you're at rack rate now, you may want to consider getting AP's if you don't use the 7/5.

Here is my question. When you book a 7 for 5, do you get 7 nights? And the passes that come with the package, are they length of stay passes? If they were, this means that if I check in on a Saturday morning, my UPH is good until I check out the following Saturday afternoon?
I'm so confused. Right now we have 8 nights booked at POFQ in October. We plan to arrive late Friday (no park visits) and leave the following Saturday (8 nights). I guess we would just book a room only for the first night and take the 5 for 7 package for the other 7 nights.
This all depends on if we can return our PHP (which are already bought) to the disney store.
Thanks.

I aplogize if this is repetitive, ut I am new to the site, and have no idea what any of the abbreviations stand for. What exactly is this discount and how would you find a place to purchase that package at? The only places I know of thus far are the 1-407-wdisney phone number and AAA, and outrageously priced local travel agents. None of who knew what I was talking about when I asked about last years 4 nights for 7 nights.

Could someone explain what this is, how to get it IF it comes out, and what these abbreviations stand for? I feel like Im reading a foreign language! lol

Thanks in advance everyone!!

firefawnkimmy Follow this link for an explaination:
http://www.mousesavers.com/7for5.html
And this one for the abbreviations:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/abbreviations.htm

Wily Wily
You got it right. You get UPH which are good as soon as you get them till the day you leave. Even if you check out early, they are still good for the entire last day. You get 7 nights for the price of 5 nights.

momofmikey
We almost did this deal last time it was offered. I felt that I would've gotten a better deal with an AP rate, and PHP for the rest of my family. We don't go to the parks everyday, so we felt we were paying extra for something we wouldn't take full advantage of. We ended up renting points from a DVC'er on these boards and really saved money!! You said you already have an AP so, I think you would do better with what you plan to do. Last year was alittle better in that you paid for 4 and stayed 7, now it isn't that tempting to me because they added an extra day you have to pay for.

I think it is a great deal for those who don't go often (no AP)and/or for those who spend all of their time in the parks.
Good luck to everyone!

Desnik:

I just pm'ed you re.: renting points...

And thank you for addressing everyone's questions so thoroughly!

No what do I do---if I book a package 7 for 5 can I cancel it without a problem? Do I hold out for the AP rates? The problem is that I have to renew my Annual Pass by May 9th. I am taking a chance here---do I book the package or wait til room only comes out with an AP rate? I afraid to renew my AP if there won't be any discounts for AP and if I have to book a package then I have to get the UPH tickets and my AP will be a waste? Does anyone have any suggestions?:confused:

MollyBelle
You are very welcome!! I just PM'ed you!

frankiemom
Here's what you can do. Don't renew your AP. You will only have to spend a few bucks more for another one if you need it and it will have a longer life! If you renew now it will expire 12 months from now. If you wait, you could easily get another trip out of it.
Remember you do not need the AP in hand while making a ressie with the AP rate. The 7 for 5 package will probably have the same policies as other packages. I believe it is 45 days out you can cancell with a full refund. So, hold o0ut for those discounts and you can't loose!! Like you said, you don't want to pay for an AP unless you have to.

Originally posted by frankiemom
No what do I do---if I book a package 7 for 5 can I cancel it without a problem? Do I hold out for the AP rates? The problem is that I have to renew my Annual Pass by May 9th. I am taking a chance here---do I book the package or wait til room only comes out with an AP rate? I afraid to renew my AP if there won't be any discounts for AP and if I have to book a package then I have to get the UPH tickets and my AP will be a waste? Does anyone have any suggestions?:confused:

I understand how you feel...I dont know if I should change my room only ressies to the 7/5 package then make seperate ressies for the remaining 3 nights or pray that room only codes are released for my dates. I would be willing to swap my Universal dates for a room only discount but it looks like the codes are only good through the 28th of Aug. (I dont arrive in FL. the 29th) I dont want to end up with PAP's AND UPH's:rolleyes:

Originally posted by w8ting4pooh
I booked my package last night in anticipation of this impending deal. We did the Fairytale Package last year. That was a better bargain. However, 29% off is still nothing to complain about!

I booked a 7-night DreamMaker Package this morning too. We also did the FTP last year.
The CM and I were talking about the 7-for-5 deal and she said they don't have any information on it yet. She was joking how people on the internet know things before the CMs do and she laughed that sometimes they "feel so dumb" because they are the last to know things sometime! :p

Debbie

pluto - I know exactly how you feel

I was planning 5 nights at GF and 5 nights at YC. Now what?

7 nights at GF and expensive 3 nights at YC? - then what do i do about tickets for the last three days - a 4 day PHP would be a waste, since the UPH will be active for the full day of check out at GF!

:confused: :mad: :confused: :mad:

meuseman,

Can you do 7 at each resort instead of 5 nights. So, you'll be paying for 10 and getting 14 nights. You can do 2 packages back to back.

Just an idea.

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

14 nights at WDW would be spectacular

i am interested to see if it would be cheaper

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter