• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"New or Old" WDW poll

MonorailMan

<font color=red>Relatively Cheap Date, Dewars Alw
I just thought I'd ask this:

Which do you prefer?

The new Spaceship Earth, or the old (90's version) Spaceship Earth?

The new Haunted Mansion, or the old Haunted Mansion?

I haven't been on the new version of either, but I'm looking forward to riding both in October. :woohoo:

I havent been on the "new" Spaceship Earth, but I liked the origional more than the version it was before this new change (it was the song, that "Tomorrows Child" song still gets stuck in my head to this day).

The Haunted Mansion changes I LOVE. They took the few parts of that attraction that really didnt have anything going on and made them fit the theme a lot better. I always thought the "Hippie Spider" was a bit odd in there... :hippie:

I havent been on the "new" Spaceship Earth, but I liked the origional more than the version it was before this new change (it was the song, that "Tomorrows Child" song still gets stuck in my head to this day).

The Haunted Mansion changes I LOVE. They took the few parts of that attraction that really didnt have anything going on and made them fit the theme a lot better. I always thought the "Hippie Spider" was a bit odd in there... :hippie:

Ditto! :thumbsup2 And bring back the Walter Cronkite narration!

We like the new SSE, but loved the old SSE. As far as HM goes, we think the new version is better.

The music I've heard online for the new SSE doesn't seem quite as memorable as it was in the previous 2 versions, which kind of concerned me since music is a huge deal to me. (It's pretty sad, but I could probably hum the entire sountrack of both the previous versions. :rolleyes1 ) It still sounds good, but it's almost as if it was written for a dramatic movie instead of a Disney attraction.

I don't mind the new SSE, and actually kind of like the fun computer stuff during the descent.

I love-love-LOVE the new Haunted Mansion. HM is probably my favorite attraction to begin with, so I was expecting to be overly critical, but it rocks. Not only that, but they're actually selling HM merchandise again at the cart on the way out.

New SSE is ok. I was never overly attached to SSE to begin with, tho I understand many are.

New HM is excellent!

My vote is for the new versions of both - especially the Haunted Mansion.

I love the new HM. Didn't think i would but i did. I have not been on SSE yet. What is the new ending like?

I was at WDW from May 3-15 and rode SSE for the first time since it's rehab. It was a mixed feeling for me. I loved the upgrades to the animatronics and scenes. The descent with the questions and little cartoon on the touchscreen was cute and somewhat fun but when I am on a moving dark ride I am expecting to see grand sets and story telling. I think the idea of it all worked pretty good though. The main difference was the whole feel of the attraction. The music and Dame Judie's narration are so much lighter in tone than the previous version. The Previous version was grand, epic, enigmatic and full of wonder. The new one feel more like a fun educational trip. I prefer the tone of the older version but the new one is fine too.
I really liked the changes in the Haunted mansion as the giant spiders were to "way out" for the feel of the rest of the attraction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter