• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**NEW Official September 2012 Thread!**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, been off the boards since we came back after our last trip in Sept 2011 and am now beginning to plan for the next one in Sept. 2012!!! I just saw that Southwest airlines opens up Sept. reservations Jan 22 for those going through Sept. 28th. We will be staying again at POP and are talking about dinner ressies tonight! I'm looking forward toward seeing the progress on both the new MK areas and the new AoA hotel next to us at Pop. I wonder if they will open up the bridge between the 2 so we can go for a walk over to see it? :surfweb:

Just booked our room for our first trip to Disney!!!! We're sharing one of the Saratoga Springs Tree House Villas with my parents. Arriving Sept. 9, leaving Sept. 18. (sister's wedding on the 13th)

Hello Sept '12! Had decided on visiting WDW in Spring ' 13.... But DH just told me that if we can get Free Dining we can move up our trip to Sept/Oct! Woo hoo! This will be our first time staying on site...our second time at WDW.

I am not sure if we should book a room only reservation now and change it to a package with FD (if offered) or wait until deals for Sept are announced. If no Fd is offered we will be waiting to visit until May.

If I wait to make ressies, and fd isnt announced before the 180 days, will I still be able to book all my ADRs?
Suggestions?

Planning on staying at Pop or POFQ 6 nts.....

Any advice on this would be awesome!

I just put a deposit on my trip for 16th - 22nd. First trip to Disney for all 4 of us!!!

Could you please add us to the list? We will be there from 8/31-9/9 (I know, I know, our check in date is in August :goodvibes). We are booked at BLT in a MK View Studio (using DVC points). We are all very excited about it because we have never stayed in a MK view room before. We are also allowing our girls to do most of the planning when it comes to ADRs. So far they have a list that actually looks really good. I have taught them well :yay:

Has anyone started to think of what parks they're going to on what days? I've been tinkering with TouringPlans and think I have a rough draft. Hoping they release free dining for September before 180 days so I can figure out where we are staying for sure before I make my ADRs.

Going to MK on our first day is a given. As for the other days it's a case of winging it.

While we're there we're going to try and fit in Sea World, at least 2 days at Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure. Also maybe a day at Legoland?

Incidently has anyone been to Legoland?

We (or well I :rotfl:) want to do the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party and if the dates are do able I'd love to do another MNSSHP.

Our kids are out of school for fall break the third week of September every year, so this has become our annual trip. This time we will be trying out the park hopper option!

We are booked in the Villas at the Beach Club 9/8-9/15, although I am contemplating heading down a day early... Does anyone know if MNSSHP begins that early in September?

We are booked in the Villas at the Beach Club 9/8-9/15, although I am contemplating heading down a day early... Does anyone know if MNSSHP begins that early in September?

I believe last year it started on tuesday 13th, so I think you'll miss it. You never know though.. keep your fingers crossed. :goodvibes

Haven't booked yet, but my Aunt and myself are tentavely going Sept 9th-14th... may even go to the 15th. Will try to book at Por... stayed there last year and fell in love with it.. my Aunt hasn't been to WDW since the 70s... pre multi-parks!!!

My mom & I will be there Sept 10-17th staying at AKL!! :banana::cool1: It was a surprise Christmas present for her, she's still kinda in shock :rotfl: but super excited to go! It's her first trip!! Yay for spreading the magic!

Jumping in!!!! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!!! We just took our first family vacation to WDW last year in Sept (stayed at SSR), and had planned on going back in 2013. DH mentioned last night that it's a long time to have to wait since we loved it so much, and mentioned that maybe we could swing going this year. I looked over some figures, found out that we can swing it, and now he's booking the time off work and I'm watching out for 40% off room discounts and cheap flights!!!! :yay::cool1::banana::woohoo::yay:

We're going during the same exact dates as last year, Sept 21-Oct 1, staying at most likely SSR again. Kids will miss 6 days of school, but when we had to let teachers know last fall, they didn't mind whatsoever and said that if they're going to miss school, Sept is the best month for it since it's so much review. Our kids will be 10, 8, 5 and 4 for the next trip, so I'm looking forward to it being just a bit easier with the younger two a tiny bit older for the next one. I do have to say though, that Disney makes it as easy as it can be with little ones on a holiday! We're hitting up MNSSHP again, it was sooo worth the money, an absolute blast! All 6 of us dressed up like pirates last year, so I'm already trying to come up with a new idea for a matching theme. Also getting another double stroller through Magic Strollers, it was a lifesaver and so light and easy to fold up for buses! Can't wait to figure our dining ADR's as well, I think I like the planning just as much as the actual trip. :rotfl:

Oh, and sorry I didn't quote, but for a previous poster who had posted about having a 35% off code but not valid for the right dates: I have read that if you call and ask the right CM, they'll actually let you use it for different dates if you're lucky. Also, I've read that if you book using the dates it has on the code, then phone to change your trip dates to when you actually want to go, that you won't lose your discount. Worth a try!! :thumbsup2

And for another poster above, you can go ahead and book your ADR's without even having a trip reservation at all, so don't worry about waiting for FD to be announced. Your dining ressies don't have to be connected to your room reservation. So if I were you, if FD hasn't been announced and your 180 day mark comes, I would just go ahead and book what you'd like. If FD doesn't come out, you can always cancel them later. :)

So I'm doing the happy dance again! :dance3:

Southwest released their flights through Sept. 28 today. I had budgeted $1200 for transportation. I figured if we couldn't fly for that amount, we would drive. I was able to get tickets for $1000- but we have to add an extra day at the beginning of our trip. I am soooo upset about that, let me tell you! :lmao: Since flights came in $200 under, we will add a night at a value resort, and should have enough left over for that day's food & misc. We will need to increase the budget a bit to pay for parking at the airport, but an extra day is totally worth it!

So our new dates are Sept. 22-28.

Sorry I've been a little MIA. Been battling a respiratory infection and haven't been on too much. I am updating the main page right now. :)

Yup, been off the boards since we came back after our last trip in Sept 2011 and am now beginning to plan for the next one in Sept. 2012!!! I just saw that Southwest airlines opens up Sept. reservations Jan 22 for those going through Sept. 28th. We will be staying again at POP and are talking about dinner ressies tonight! I'm looking forward toward seeing the progress on both the new MK areas and the new AoA hotel next to us at Pop. I wonder if they will open up the bridge between the 2 so we can go for a walk over to see it? :surfweb:

Welcome back!! What dates are you staying...so I can add you to the first page. :)

Just booked our room for our first trip to Disney!!!! We're sharing one of the Saratoga Springs Tree House Villas with my parents. Arriving Sept. 9, leaving Sept. 18. (sister's wedding on the 13th)

Congrats!! I added you to the first page. Lots of September weddings it looks like!!

Hello Sept '12! Had decided on visiting WDW in Spring ' 13.... But DH just told me that if we can get Free Dining we can move up our trip to Sept/Oct! Woo hoo! This will be our first time staying on site...our second time at WDW.

I am not sure if we should book a room only reservation now and change it to a package with FD (if offered) or wait until deals for Sept are announced. If no Fd is offered we will be waiting to visit until May.

If I wait to make ressies, and fd isnt announced before the 180 days, will I still be able to book all my ADRs?
Suggestions?

Planning on staying at Pop or POFQ 6 nts.....

Any advice on this would be awesome!

Welcome!! You should be able to book all your ADRs if free dining has not been released by then. I have heard good things about POFQ. I've heard good things about Pop as well, but don't know how it's going to be with the new AoA resort opening up.

Could you please add us to the list? We will be there from 8/31-9/9 (I know, I know, our check in date is in August :goodvibes). We are booked at BLT in a MK View Studio (using DVC points). We are all very excited about it because we have never stayed in a MK view room before. We are also allowing our girls to do most of the planning when it comes to ADRs. So far they have a list that actually looks really good. I have taught them well :yay:

Welcome!! I've added you to the front page. Can't wait to see where your girls plan their ADRs!! How fun and exciting!!

Going to MK on our first day is a given. As for the other days it's a case of winging it.

While we're there we're going to try and fit in Sea World, at least 2 days at Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure. Also maybe a day at Legoland?

Incidently has anyone been to Legoland?

We (or well I :rotfl:) want to do the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party and if the dates are do able I'd love to do another MNSSHP.

My kids have been to Legoland and they liked it. My SIL took them and she was bored by it, but the kids loved it. I want to do the dessert party but don't think I could justify the price of it + MNSSHP + BBB/Pirates League. Plus I have heard it's hard to get ressies at. :(

Our kids are out of school for fall break the third week of September every year, so this has become our annual trip. This time we will be trying out the park hopper option!

Welcome!!! This will be our first year with the hopper as well. Excited to do a split day at Epcot and DHS.

It's a toss up. :( Some years it starts early Sept, but recently it's been mid Sept. They should release dates in May.

Haven't booked yet, but my Aunt and myself are tentavely going Sept 9th-14th... may even go to the 15th. Will try to book at Por... stayed there last year and fell in love with it.. my Aunt hasn't been to WDW since the 70s... pre multi-parks!!!

Welcome!! I've added you to the first page. Let me know if your dates change :hippie:

My mom & I will be there Sept 10-17th staying at AKL!! :banana::cool1: It was a surprise Christmas present for her, she's still kinda in shock :rotfl: but super excited to go! It's her first trip!! Yay for spreading the magic!

Oh, what a wonderful surprise!! Welcome and I added you to the first page.

Jumping in!!!! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!!! We just took our first family vacation to WDW last year in Sept (stayed at SSR), and had planned on going back in 2013. DH mentioned last night that it's a long time to have to wait since we loved it so much, and mentioned that maybe we could swing going this year. I looked over some figures, found out that we can swing it, and now he's booking the time off work and I'm watching out for 40% off room discounts and cheap flights!!!! :yay::cool1::banana::woohoo::yay:

We're going during the same exact dates as last year, Sept 21-Oct 1, staying at most likely SSR again. Kids will miss 6 days of school, but when we had to let teachers know last fall, they didn't mind whatsoever and said that if they're going to miss school, Sept is the best month for it since it's so much review. Our kids will be 10, 8, 5 and 4 for the next trip, so I'm looking forward to it being just a bit easier with the younger two a tiny bit older for the next one. I do have to say though, that Disney makes it as easy as it can be with little ones on a holiday! We're hitting up MNSSHP again, it was sooo worth the money, an absolute blast! All 6 of us dressed up like pirates last year, so I'm already trying to come up with a new idea for a matching theme. Also getting another double stroller through Magic Strollers, it was a lifesaver and so light and easy to fold up for buses! Can't wait to figure our dining ADR's as well, I think I like the planning just as much as the actual trip. :rotfl:

Oh, and sorry I didn't quote, but for a previous poster who had posted about having a 35% off code but not valid for the right dates: I have read that if you call and ask the right CM, they'll actually let you use it for different dates if you're lucky. Also, I've read that if you book using the dates it has on the code, then phone to change your trip dates to when you actually want to go, that you won't lose your discount. Worth a try!! :thumbsup2

And for another poster above, you can go ahead and book your ADR's without even having a trip reservation at all, so don't worry about waiting for FD to be announced. Your dining ressies don't have to be connected to your room reservation. So if I were you, if FD hasn't been announced and your 180 day mark comes, I would just go ahead and book what you'd like. If FD doesn't come out, you can always cancel them later. :)

Welcome!! I have 3 kids....9, 7 and 4 (10, 8 and 4 at the time of travel) and we're pulling them out for 5 days. I couldn't agree more...September is the best time to pull them. Especially since mine will have only been in school for 3-4 weeks. Better than April or May! We'll be doing MNSSHP this year....my kids want to dress up as pirates!! :thumbsup2

So I'm doing the happy dance again! :dance3:

Southwest released their flights through Sept. 28 today. I had budgeted $1200 for transportation. I figured if we couldn't fly for that amount, we would drive. I was able to get tickets for $1000- but we have to add an extra day at the beginning of our trip. I am soooo upset about that, let me tell you! :lmao: Since flights came in $200 under, we will add a night at a value resort, and should have enough left over for that day's food & misc. We will need to increase the budget a bit to pay for parking at the airport, but an extra day is totally worth it!

So our new dates are Sept. 22-28.

YAY!! :cool1: I've updated the main page. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter