*** New Official February 2013 Thread ***

Our last day too! I had read the reports about it being busy, so was not too surprised by the crowds, but our unexpected was the tour groups. I did not think they would have much impact(and have not IN the parks) but have made our stay at PoP really unpleasant. Won't stay in a value in jan/feb again. :(

Well, we flew home last night. I tried, unsuccessfully :(, to convince DH that Winter Storm Nemo was a sign that we had to stay longer!

This was our first trip without our kids, first time staying at Pop, and first time leaving feeling a little disappointed :(. Don't get me wrong - we still had a great time and we don't sweat the small stuff, but our overall impression is that Disney need to step it up a notch. We were first in line at the gates at HS on Weds. So we had about 30min. to chat with the CMs. They said they are really understaffed. "Lots of Chiefs, Not enough Indians." One of them said. We noticed a lot of training going on in the rides, resorts, and restaurants so maybe it is just an in between time and WDW is gearing up for the busier season?

That said, it didn't stop me from using the bounce back offer and booking a family vacation for December, 2013!

If anyone has any questions, I will be more than happy to answer :). Safe travels to everyone with trips approaching!

Just got off the phone with Disney, and was able to switch our dates and still stay at ASMu. Not sure why it was showing unavailable last night, but available this morning, but it worked out well. Woohoo! :cheer2: So now we are staying the 11-17, instead of the 9-15.

ABitDistracted said:
Well, we flew home last night. I tried, unsuccessfully :(, to convince DH that Winter Storm Nemo was a sign that we had to stay longer!

This was our first trip without our kids, first time staying at Pop, and first time leaving feeling a little disappointed :(. Don't get me wrong - we still had a great time and we don't sweat the small stuff, but our overall impression is that Disney need to step it up a notch. We were first in line at the gates at HS on Weds. So we had about 30min. to chat with the CMs. They said they are really understaffed. "Lots of Chiefs, Not enough Indians." One of them said. We noticed a lot of training going on in the rides, resorts, and restaurants so maybe it is just an in between time and WDW is gearing up for the busier season?

That said, it didn't stop me from using the bounce back offer and booking a family vacation for December, 2013!

If anyone has any questions, I will be more than happy to answer :). Safe travels to everyone with trips approaching!

It's early in the semester and very likely an indicator of the new college program kids coming board and replacing any seasonal staff that left after the holidays. Not that it doesn't make it difficult, just probably where it came from.

So strange. The Touring Plans crowd calendar had last week at 5's and 6's mostly which should be busy but not too bad if you're in the right parks.

We go every year in the last week of August. This past August was noticeably much busier. The numbers looked the same but there was NO way that it was 3's and 4's like they said it was going to be. Sure enough, the historical crowd numbers were adjusted after the fact and went up to 6's and higher. So you guys may see that those numbers jump after the fact to account for the crowds you felt this past week.

Are the tour groups still the South Americans? Or the dance and cheer groups? I was under the impression that the South American tour groups left at the end of January.

T-minus 4 hours and counting!!!! Sitting at work for another 3 hrs is gonna kill me...:banana::banana:
Ready for that drive to Disney! :drive:

Between new FL and the SPD special Disney had put out, I'm not surprised that its more crowded. I just want to go already!!! 16 days!!

Does anyone know when the tour groups will be gone? I'm staying at POP starting the 23rd and feeling a little nervous about it.

so 4 more days until we start our drive down..so excited, a little worried about the post of the values being crowded, praying ASsp won't be to bad,we're doing a split stay and leaving the day Twirl mania starts, so being hopeful!;)
Also I know I'm driving myself nuts over this but the weather on weather.com and accuweather have changed off and on,but now that its getting closer it shows rain a couple days *sigh:sad2:

16 days for us!! I'm sitting her in California looking at windy, ugly, grey, almost rainy weather and dreaming about our WDW trip. I know this is not bad weather compared to what those on the east coast are experiencing, but I'm complaining anyway!! Hope everyone has safe travels and great trips!

Twoboysnmygirl said:
Our last day too! I had read the reports about it being busy, so was not too surprised by the crowds, but our unexpected was the tour groups. I did not think they would have much impact(and have not IN the parks) but have made our stay at PoP really unpleasant. Won't stay in a value in jan/feb again. :(

We just got home from our week at Pop last night We kept seeing all the Brazilian girls in pink with the pink 'Fifteen' backpacks. Got around them in cafeteria when a manager directed us to a register around the corner. Luckily, we were on top floor in back of 80's and it was very quiet there. Never saw the tour group on our buses, did see them occasionally in parks, and just chose a different attraction instead. Thought they were pretty well behaved, except when swarming the food court pastry case! But any pack of a hundred or more teens can put a serious hurt on the pastries... Getting up early helps, they seem to arrive at food court about 7:30-7:45; if you are earlier it is nice and quiet.

As we were leaving Orlando airport saw lots of cheer leading teams on their way to Disney for the competitions this weekend. Enthusiastic but well-chaperoned.

Just got off the phone with Disney, and was able to switch our dates and still stay at ASMu. Not sure why it was showing unavailable last night, but available this morning, but it worked out well. Woohoo! :cheer2: So now we are staying the 11-17, instead of the 9-15.

I'm glad everything worked out. We are in the same boat. Our flight out of JFK was cancelled for Sat. morning. Woke up at 3am and was able to get a flight out of Laguardia for 9pm Sunday. Called Disney and was able to change reservation to 2/10 -2/15. Tried adding another night but resort sold out. Will keep trying. Yesterday was quite stressful but feeling better today. Kind of ironic that this storm is named Nemo.
Have a safe trip

Chris:)

We are flying from Newark airport on Monday. I haven't heard anything about canceled flight. So I'm hoping our flight will go as planned.

Agreed!!

I'm glad everything worked out. We are in the same boat. Our flight out of JFK was cancelled for Sat. morning. Woke up at 3am and was able to get a flight out of Laguardia for 9pm Sunday. Called Disney and was able to change reservation to 2/10 -2/15. Tried adding another night but resort sold out. Will keep trying. Yesterday was quite stressful but feeling better today. Kind of ironic that this storm is named Nemo.
Have a safe trip

Chris:)

I thought the same thing!

We saw several cheer groups today. We have at least one group here at the WL. My sister said there was a lot of cheer groups at POFQ. She said the resort was crowded today. The bus to MK from POFQ was so full, they had to take a second bus.

Not only was it crowded at MK, but we ran into ride problems. We got there at rope drop. Our boat arrived just as the characters were waving from the train station. Then we followed the group to the Ariel ride, only to find it closed until1pm. We tried to go on Pirates of the Caribbean, but it broke down just before we got to the loading spot. We walked over to the people mover (tomorrow land transportation thing aka Wedway, and that was broken down. At least the weather has been fabulous.

We only saw one tour group, and that might have just been a large, extended family.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter