• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** New Official February 2013 Thread ***

Amazing day at AK! Busier than I expected. The weather was gorgeous - we all wore jeans, SS shirts and had jackets for morning/evening.

We did Tusker House this morning at 9:15 - very busy. So busy that Mickey didn't make it to our table to do autographs/photos. The kids could have cared less, though. Food was great, as always. Was our first trip with our 15 mo. old DS that is gluten free and the accommodations for him were top notch! He loved every bite of GF waffle, muffins, and bread.

We went straight to Safari and got FP. By that point it was 10:30 and the wait was an hour so we did the Africa walk through and caught Safari on the way out. Watched Lion King at 1:30 - one of our faves!

Had late lunch at Rainforest Cafe. Food was good/average and the gluten free for our little one was very good. The atmosphere is the real draw for us, not so much the food.

We bought our DS (5 yrs old) his first set of pins today. He is now addicted to trading!! Also got autographs from Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Donald, Daisy, Pooh, Tigger, Eyeore, Chip N Dale, Baloo, and a rare autograph from King Louie. We looked for Pocohontas b/c the CM at Tusker said she was down there, but couldn't find her.

Such an amazing day. And can't even say what a difference having amazing weather makes!

We did Tusker House this morning at 9:15 - very busy. So busy that Mickey didn't make it to our table to do autographs/photos. The kids could have cared less, though. Food was great, as always. Was our first trip with our 15 mo. old DS that is gluten free and the accommodations for him were top notch! He loved every bite of GF waffle, muffins, and bread.

Did you have to tell them ahead of time that you needed gluten free foods? We are going there on Wednesday and need some gluten free foods, too.

We are excited about all the reports of good weather. :woohoo:

But my husband has reached his limit of WDW news from me. Maybe I shouldn't try to talk to him during the SuperBowl. :sad2:

Wood Nymph said:
Did you have to tell them ahead of time that you needed gluten free foods? We are going there on Wednesday and need some gluten free foods, too.

We are excited about all the reports of good weather. :woohoo:

But my husband has reached his limit of WDW news from me. Maybe I shouldn't try to talk to him during the SuperBowl. :sad2:

Lol. Totally understand about the football ceased hubby situation. We didn't get back from AK until 7 last night (after game had started) and mine was a little crabby about it. :)

When we did our reservations I checked the "special accommodations" box for allergies for all meals. However, at the TS places there are multiple chefs that are trained... so yes, they will accommodate no matter what.

All restaurants have a gluten free area (I picture it as a mini kitchen, but I don't know the exact set up) where food is made with GF utensils, etc. So even if you want to order something on the regular menu that you think is GF (for example, grilled chicken and veggies), the waiter will bring out the chef to take the GF order. Our waiter last night told us that they can't give any allergy advice or take orders or they can lose their job right on the spot.

I have also found that the list of GF items they can do is almost endless - everything has been delicious. I couldn't even tell that the muffins and waffles my son got were GF, which is saying a lot from me! Haha.

Some people report an upcharge for GF meals. However, we have not experienced that - and in fact, the opposite. Tusker didn't charge us a dime for our sons GF food. I am sure Its because he is so small/young (although he can out-eat our 5 year old x 3!) :)

We come from a very rural area with zero GF accommodations within a 2 hour driving radius, so going out to eat and having safe food for our little one is a real treat! Have a great time!

...Also got autographs from Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Donald, Daisy, Pooh, Tigger, Eyeore, Chip N Dale, Baloo, and a rare autograph from King Louie. We looked for Pocohontas b/c the CM at Tusker said she was down there, but couldn't find her.

:thumbsup2 Wow! How did he sign? I want one! Those extra long monkey arms usually make it impossible. We love him and Baloo and got a great video of my girls dancing with them one year.

Disneymooners arrived at POP last night and planned to take advantage of EMH at MK. I am so anxious to hear from them. She's been calling (bugging) me every half-hour since the wedding on Friday to update me, and now that she is where I want to be - phone silence. What's up with that? :confused3

Single digit dance :cool1::cool1::dance3::cool1: The weather forecast looks fabulous - maybe even a little too warm for me, but we'll take it!

Lol. Totally understand about the football ceased hubby situation. We didn't get back from AK until 7 last night (after game had started) and mine was a little crabby about it. :)
It was a pretty good game. The most exciting part was the second half, after the lights went back on. ;)

I have also found that the list of GF items they can do is almost endless - everything has been delicious. I couldn't even tell that the muffins and waffles my son got were GF, which is saying a lot from me!

Thanks for the great information. I am hoping to get gluten free waffles. That will be a real treat. :)

I would love to hear how you liked TH breakfast and if it helped being inside the park @ opening???? ALL THE DETAILS IF POSSIBLE PLEASE!

We ate at The Tusker House breakfast on Sat and it was a hit all around! Food and character interaction was one of the best at WDW but the location for early morning at AK...couldn't be beat!

We had an 8:45 ADR. We were running a little late so got to the gates about then. They had let people through the gates by then but held them before TOL. There were CM and a sign directing those with ADRs on the left and once we got through there, it felt like we were the only people in the park! We were hurrying and the CMs even told us to not rush...we would be fine and we were on v-k!! :)

Once we crossed over into Africa, we were greater by the wonderful African rhythms and two CM saying good morning. It was 8:55 and they were still holding people at the rope just past TH so we checked in and got our Donald photos.

My DDs and I then waited to be seated while my DH ran to get FP at 9:03. We were seated (there was a bit of a delay for us for some reason) ate, saw all the characters and were headed to the safari by 10. It was walk-on at that point so we didn't even use the FPs.

Hope that helps!

We ate at The Tusker House breakfast on Sat and it was a hit all around! Food and character interaction was one of the best at WDW but the location for early morning at AK...couldn't be beat!

We had an 8:45 ADR. We were running a little late so got to the gates about then. They had let people through the gates by then but held them before TOL. There were CM and a sign directing those with ADRs on the left and once we got through there, it felt like we were the only people in the park! We were hurrying and the CMs even told us to not rush...we would be fine and we were on v-k!! :)

Once we crossed over into Africa, we were greater by the wonderful African rhythms and two CM saying good morning. It was 8:55 and they were still holding people at the rope just past TH so we checked in and got our Donald photos.

My DDs and I then waited to be seated while my DH ran to get FP at 9:03. We were seated (there was a bit of a delay for us for some reason) ate, saw all the characters and were headed to the safari by 10. It was walk-on at that point so we didn't even use the FPs.

Hope that helps!

We have 9:10 am reservations at Tusker House and we were thinking of having someone run ahead to get fast passes at the safari. It is an EMH day, so we are thinking it could be crowded when we finish breakfast.

Great review - very helpful. I'll remember to go left. :thumbsup2

staticmap

Just cancelled a noon Akershus lunch at Epcot for three on Tue 2\5.

mom2princesses2 said:

Hope that helps!

Our experience: we arrived promptly at 8 am for our 8 am ADR. We were sweating it a little bit and should've probably gone a little earlier but it was fine. We got our picture w/Donald and were seated immediately. Food was great and so were the characters. We went back outside about 15 minutes before the rope w/ crowd following behind got there. By this point we were already in line for the Safari... Got the 1st one out which was amazing! We got fast passes that had us coming back in an hour so we toured the M. trail ( can't remember the exact name). Got awesome pix, took our time, and when we came out we hopped on the Safari again. Great start to our day!!

Here now!!! Arrived at Pop around 1130a and made a request for a king bed room which they were able to accommodate :). The room won't be ready until later, so we picked a park to go to by getting on the first bus that showed up. And we were the only ones on it!

I don't know if everyone is at MK for the MVP Parade or what but its quiet here in Epcot right now. DH and I walked on to test track via the single rider line!

The weather is lovely and I am enjoying a beer sitting outside if The Land. Heading to WS to grab food next. Have to add that it really is relaxing being here without kids!!!

I feel like pulling a Annie and sing Tomorrow!

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow!
You're always
A day
A way!

Yeah, I feel better now!

Posted from my iPhone using DISBoards

I am soo happy, so last week I wrote how I was worried about a scheduling conflict...well it is all worked out, all is good, we'll be heading that way after the kids get home from school the 12th, next week can't come fast enough....and to make it even better, we're doing a split stay and staying a few nights at the ASsp!! Whoot whoot:cool1::dance3:

I am soo happy, so last week I wrote how I was worried about a scheduling conflict...well it is all worked out, all is good, we'll be heading that way after the kids get home from school the 12th, next week can't come fast enough....and to make it even better, we're doing a split stay and staying a few nights at the ASsp!! Whoot whoot:cool1::dance3:

Woo hoo!!!! Break out the party pants! :cool1:

Freaking out a little! My son is running 102.5 fever and having body aches and chills. We leave Sunday! Still time for him to get better i just hope no one else gets sick! And hope its not the flu. Will bring him to dr in the morning.

It's so exciting to see everyones trip updates and all of you that are so close to leaving.

18 more sleeps.. which still feels like a very looonnnngggg time.:faint:

I went to Walmart tonight with my list of things we needed for the trip. Walked out with 4 bags and 200 dollars poorer:rolleyes1

I swear all I needed was socks, underwear and meds in case the kids get sick. Not sure what else I ended up with. Oh yeah.. the tax prep software was in there too, so hopefully I make a bit of this money back for the next trip:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter