*** New Official February 2013 Thread ***

pld5 said:
Me too! I keep rethinking my ADR's. DH is so frustrated with me because I keep asking him what he thinks about the menu(s) that he isn't looking at........

Me too. I was showing my husband all the restaurants and menus we are eating at during our stay to get him as excited as me, but instead I am questioning myself. Can you say backfire ? Lol :)

Funny how differently men seem to react. My DD is prepping her not-yet-converted DF for their ADRs by showing him the menus. Poor guy nearly had a heart attack while reviewing the price list of Portabellos. :scared1: You could see the wheels spinning as he calculated $50 x 2 x 11 days. She quickly assured him that it was already paid for, along with lunches and snacks everyday. His sigh of relief was audible in Euro-Disney! :rotfl2: Now he is so excited that all he wants to do is talk Disney Dining. He can't believe what a great deal he got! (We'll tell him about tips later ;))

Me too! I keep rethinking my ADR's. DH is so frustrated with me because I keep asking him what he thinks about the menu(s) that he isn't looking at........

:rotfl2: I keep asking DH the same stuff! He rolled his eyes the other night... ROLL YOUR EYES ONE MORE TIME!

Yay!!! Last minute trip, heading up Fri-Sun!!

WOOOOOH!!!! :cool1:

Coronado, here I come! :D

Is this an awful idea?

I was talking with someone about my plans of taking DD6 to BBB while my husband and son was at DQ. They of course rained on my parade and thought I was wasting my money by taking her to BBB and after explaining myself of how magical it was going to be for her I then proceeded to tell them how afterward I want to take her to MK and have all the different photographers take pics of her with her dress and shoes and hair all princess like. That was it, they think that is the dumbest idea they ever heard. And had to listen to how there are better ways to spend our time and the photographers. Believe that "the photographers have others things to do" lol. Why are people so negative? Okay I'm finished my rage, now do you think it's a fun idea for a 6year old who loves pics and princesses???
We have done this twice, once when DD was 7 and once when she was 9. Both times were the best! She felt like a princess and it was a wonderful experience. Taking her to MK after is also a great idea. Getting pictures with the princesses and characters are priceless. She is 14 and still talks about it. Don't listen to others who have never done this. They can't possibly know how your DD will feel. Only you will know. You know her.:thumbsup2

Wow! Time flies!pixiedust:
We're going to be able to do the single digit dance tomorrow!!!:banana: I cannot believe we'll be in Disney late next week!:hyper:
Oh, and does anyone have anything they pack that's kind of not thought of normally? Like anything that no one usually thinks of, but helps out you and your family in the parks?

Today I told the kids they could each pick out one costume from the costume box to take with us to Disney (we have a box of costumes I have bought over the years at garage sales and day after Halloween sales). DD7 picked Sleeping Beauty,DS5 picked a Pirates costume and DD3 picked Princess Tiana. All of them put their outfits on and ran around the house with such joy. It made me so happy and excited that I will get the chance to see all of them react to seeing the castle for the first time in a little less than 8 days. It is truly magical! :love:

Today was shopping for new shoes and t-shirts for my boys, and then I found new raincoats for them too!
It's a surprise so I can't pack yet as there is nowhere to hide suitcases so I'll do that next Saturday (and hope I can keep the cases out of sight for a couple of days!), Sunday is a write-off because of the Super Bowl and then Monday and Tuesday are serious cleaning and final packing before the big reveal and travelling on Wednesday!!!
10 days :yay: 10 days :yay: 10 days :yay: 10 days :yay:

We're surprising our kids too!! Can't wait to see the look on their faces when we pull up to Disney:dance3::grouphug:

I agree with the positive comments...

Your daughter will have a fabulous time. Go ahead with your plans.

Some people are bitter when they cannot do certain things or didn't think of the idea themselves.

Say 3 times. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo!

I thought that doing BBB and wandering around MK and getting pictures taken was the ENTIRE point? Hell, I would do it for me if I could. :rotfl2: And I'm not really kidding, my DBF sees the look of envy as I look at all those beautiful little girls. Why or why didn't they have such a thing when I was growing up?? :confused3

I just did online check in! Yay. Ok, so I'm still 28 days away... 27 days by the time most of you read this, but I figured, why not.

Sigh...have fun everyone leaving soon. Feel free to check in on the thread and give us updates!!

ONE WEEK AND ONE DAY!

or

192 hours.

I'm now considering upgrading to deluxe Dinning. I have 3 more days to think about it.

LucyBC80 said:
ONE WEEK AND ONE DAY!

or

192 hours.

I'm now considering upgrading to deluxe Dinning. I have 3 more days to think about it.

Lol...I was doing the same thing...3 days or 76 more hours!!

4 more weeks and I'll be waiting for rope drop at DHS!!!!!!! Eeeeeeee! :)

Trying to figure out if we want to preorder the photopass. I saw several of you recommend the photopass+.... I assume if you just get the attractions+, that's all you get--attractions. Last time I got photopass was in 2009, so it was very different and I felt I got my money's worth. Now I'm going with my brother and not sure how many pictures he's going to want to take. I need to think of some arguments to talk him into it! LOL

Snowing today, can't wait to be somewhere warm!!!
So I was checking out the new official App yesterday to compare what next Sunday will look like. They look the same crowd level wise. If the app is right, then I feel really confident in my plan for MK on the 3rd. Now I just need to get there

I cannot help myself, I guess. I feel the need to create chaos, I guess. I am leaving in 2 days....arrive in Orlando in 3 days and I wait until today, to decide we really should add Discovery Cove to our trip.

I see the day in question (Friday 2/8) is supposed to be Sunny and 78 degrees. I really think that's doable. I was thinking all along that it would be too cold for my comfort. But that's a good temp, right? My son really, really wants to go badly and he has an awesome underwater camera that attaches to a headband (Action Shot), so he's right: it would be PERFECT for DC. If only I knew exactly how to get there & back and how much it will cost - we will have no car.

Do you think I can wait until we're down there to get the tickets?? I wonder if the ever sell out during this time of year. :confused3

By the way - if I do this... it will take the place of our 3rd MK day...so no big loss, really. Right??

AHHHHHH - MY DH WOULD KILL ME IF HE KNEW THIS WAS ON MY MIND!!

Trying to figure out if we want to preorder the photopass. I saw several of you recommend the photopass+.... I assume if you just get the attractions+, that's all you get--attractions. Last time I got photopass was in 2009, so it was very different and I felt I got my money's worth. Now I'm going with my brother and not sure how many pictures he's going to want to take. I need to think of some arguments to talk him into it! LOL

Just to clarify, with photopass+, you will receive a cd of Disney stock photos, ride photos (as many times as you want), meal pics that are generally an additional fee AND all the photopass pics that the regular Disney photogs take all over the parks including characters.

I did this last time and we had a blast. Went several times on Dinosaur just to make different expressions. It was great. (well, maybe not for other folk in our car). Waited until we got home to doctor up the photos on the website. Definitely got our money worth!

This year, we have several family groups running around and we are purchasing just one plus card, but everyone will have a regular non-paid for photopass card to collect pics at the parks. Then I am collecting all the cards and grouping them on the plus card before coming home.

If you choose to do this, remember that the original plus card must be present for ride and meal pics.

I wouldn't have ordered FP+ if there was just the two of us going. But my daughter and her family are joining us and it will be the first time for her DS5 and DS3. It was really a gift for her. I know that she would want plenty of pictures of her family. And two of my sisters are joining us for the last few days of our trip, so we can get a lot of use out of the card. :)

My family and I will be there in 5 days!!!! So exciting!!!!

This is a surprise trip for DS. We're not exactly sure when we'll tell him. I want to wait until Saturday when we leave for the airport (we're probably going to be leaving the house at 3:30 am :crazy2: so I don't want to tell him Friday night so he'll get *some* sleep).

We'll be staying at All Star Sports 2/2 - 2/5 and then POR 2/5 - 2/9.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter