*** New Official February 2013 Thread ***

Such a well deserved trip! I cannot begin to imagine the heartache your family is living, but with good spirits and positive attitude, your DH will kick the big C in the nuts! I hope you have a wonderful and magical time at the world and that you're able to forget about your trials during that time.

My best wishes for him! LIVESTRONG!

Thank you!! It's definitely been a roller coaster ride, and both of us are really looking forward to some Disney magic :wizard:

Congratulations on your trip and what a wonderful reason to celebrate! I hope you have a wonderful time!!:)

I have been for this weekend before. The Princess Half this year is on the 25th. It's not bad though. The crowd numbers you are seeing are because the 25th will be the last Saturday for the hoards of folks who went to WDW for Presidents Week vacation. They will be clearing out mainly that Sunday (the 26th) and the numbers will drop much lower.
The marathon itself doesn't make the parks crazy. The only thing it does affect is the travel routes to and from the parks and that can cause delays. But since you will be at a monorail resort it should be fine.

I have a story.. the day of the Princess Half in 2011 we went to Magic Kingdom for rope drop. It was EMPTY that morning. In fact, my husband, son and I rode Haunted Mansion.. BY OURSELVES. It wasn't even the first ride we went to. We did Splash and Thunder Mountain first and then headed to Haunted Mansion. We were the only people in line, the stretching room, and on the entire ride!!! Very surreal. It picked up later in the day.
Now this year will be busier because of the holiday week ending, but once those crowds are gone it will be smooth sailing.:)

Thanks for the info!! We are staying offsite that Saturday and we are planning on getting to the Poly mid morning Sunday to attempt to check in. I've only been down once before during a race day, but I never went into any of the parks.

I hope we get your same luck and have some empty parks and rides!!:thumbsup2

ninjagirl said:
Yay yay hooray! My youngest brother bet me his paycheck I wouldn't finish. It should be an interesting day.

I'm both excited and terrified!

aaarcher86 said:
No, there are no direct buses to the parks from DTD and the buses to not run between them early.

Do you have a suggestion on the quickest way from DTD to MK?

Today was all about packing! Yes, we still have a little over a week but I find packing a week before is less stressing and gives you the opportunity to evaluate what you will wear and what you taking just because. I left out probably 30% of everything I had separated to pack!

Posted from my iPhone using DISBoards

Today was all about packing! Yes, we still have a little over a week but I find packing a week before is less stressing and gives you the opportunity to evaluate what you will wear and what you taking just because. I left out probably 30% of everything I had separated to pack!

Posted from my iPhone using DISBoards

I started packing today too! This time next Sunday we will be having dinner in the MK, probably at Casey's!

All that's left is cleaning the house and buying the snacks, water, extra batteries etc.

I'm so excited :yay:!

Today was shopping for new shoes and t-shirts for my boys, and then I found new raincoats for them too!
It's a surprise so I can't pack yet as there is nowhere to hide suitcases so I'll do that next Saturday (and hope I can keep the cases out of sight for a couple of days!), Sunday is a write-off because of the Super Bowl and then Monday and Tuesday are serious cleaning and final packing before the big reveal and travelling on Wednesday!!!
10 days :yay: 10 days :yay: 10 days :yay: 10 days :yay:

Is this an awful idea?

I was talking with someone about my plans of taking DD6 to BBB while my husband and son was at DQ. They of course rained on my parade and thought I was wasting my money by taking her to BBB and after explaining myself of how magical it was going to be for her I then proceeded to tell them how afterward I want to take her to MK and have all the different photographers take pics of her with her dress and shoes and hair all princess like. That was it, they think that is the dumbest idea they ever heard. And had to listen to how there are better ways to spend our time and the photographers. Believe that "the photographers have others things to do" lol. Why are people so negative? Okay I'm finished my rage, now do you think it's a fun idea for a 6year old who loves pics and princesses???

apentney said:
Is this an awful idea?

I was talking with someone about my plans of taking DD6 to BBB while my husband and son was at DQ. They of course rained on my parade and thought I was wasting my money by taking her to BBB and after explaining myself of how magical it was going to be for her I then proceeded to tell them how afterward I want to take her to MK and have all the different photographers take pics of her with her dress and shoes and hair all princess like. That was it, they think that is the dumbest idea they ever heard. And had to listen to how there are better ways to spend our time and the photographers. Believe that "the photographers have others things to do" lol. Why are people so negative? Okay I'm finished my rage, now do you think it's a fun idea for a 6year old who loves pics and princesses???

Stick to your original plan. It's a great one and the memories your daughter will have of the experience are worth the time and cost!

Is this an awful idea?

Go do it and have fun!! Some people are just bitter that they don't get to join in with the Disney magic!!

Is this an awful idea?

Yes, your daughter will love it. Most of the negative people I encounter about stuff like that are the ones who aren't able to do it themselves, so they try and hate the idea so it looks like it's their choice to avoid it.

The photogs are there to take pictures.... that's what they do. I don't know what other things a photographer would be doing besides taking pictures. They don't have more important people to photograph :rotfl:

Don't worry about what everyone else says and just enjoy your plans.

I can't stop looking at restaurant photos :-/

Same here. But I should stop because I keep rethinking my ADR's. I now have 12 booked for our 9 nights. Ummm, I either need to make some decisions ASAP or I'll be paying OOP:scared1: for a few and that will HURT my wallet - ouch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter