*** New Official February 2013 Thread ***

Forgot to mention that I booked the Wishes Dessert Party :cool1: The new website about drove me crazy! I found a table for the party and decided to make sure DH still wanted to go, went back to book it and it was gone! Signed in and out half-a-dozen times, refreshed the page, UGH! Finally got it and paid disney money for the third time in 5 days :rotfl2: The Wishes party is so worth it. DH likes having a place to go and relax while waiting for Wishes to start and it really is a great view! I highly recommend it to anyone!

Ok-I obviously am NOT as prepared as you are at this point and we start driving next Friday. What are each of the items listed above? Is the WDW lines app better than the one from Touring Guides? How does the Disney gift card app work?

Oh and as for backpack/park bag- we have 3 kids and totally need it. That is where I plan to pack extra clothes, water bottlers, snacks, camera, etc. Oh and another thing- someone recently said that you should bring a plastic table cloth and clothes pins to use on your stroller when you have to leave it for a ride. This is for the just in case moments of when a pop up shower appears while you are on the ride. Plus, this will help you find your stroller if they move it (I heard that they often move the strollers for some reason). Please let me know anything else you are doing to prepare! :hippie:
Hi!
WDW Lines is the App for Touring Plans.
TWIiz App is like GPS gives you the best mode of transportation around Disney including time/minutes if will take from point a to b.
In room celebration - Disney floral and gifts ( her royal princess celebration -child). DD 5th birthday.

Kenny the pirate- found on DIS ( yes it's on My Disney Experience), but his blog has extras...more user friendly too. Epcot character training spots, times/locations for princesses like Mulan, etc.

Disney gift card app- keeps track of balance & transactions (no need to call or check online).

Thanks for bag & stroller info. Requested stroller license from DISigners.

No other preparations at this time. Let me know if you have any other questions.

monique5 said:
TWIiz App is like GPS gives you the best mode of transportation around Disney including time/minutes if will take from point a to b.
Is it for iPhone or Android?! Do you have a link?

Posted from my iPhone using DISBoards

Holy Cow - I feel like a total slacker! I didn't even know half of those apps EXIST! But you can bet...I'm searching my appstore right now!:lmao:

How did you get the character times, etc. on your phone?
How did you verify your SW flight? What will the SW app do for you? Should I be rethinking the Fantasmic Dinner package and is it too late anyway (Feb 4th is our day there)?

Do you see what you've done to me?! You've created a monster!:crazy2:

6 days to go.......
Hi!

I created my own monster. ME! I've had over a year to plan. SW APP flight updates, DING offers (discounts), flight status, etc.

Fantasmic dinner packages..really just as a backup. We have DDP & this is value season. But just in case crowded wanted to increase chances of seeing show & having seats. You can check reservations online or call. 2D cancel, so you have time if there's a ressie available.

Kenny the Pirate. Opened site on phone & added to home screen.

Ok. Please advise! Just received email from Magically Speaking. Email indicates Mad Tea Party & Beauty & Beast Live closed now through 2/18 (MTP) & through 3/12 (B&B -Live). My Disney Experience showing times for B&B-Live.

Details? Info?

So I have purposely not over planned, but I am afraid I under planned! EEK

Help me fill this is - We are staying at CSR and renting a car. I want to pick up Groceries. What do you think of my Park days/ADR's?

Saturday - Feb 9 - Fly in at 11 am - Epcot and Rose and Crown for dinner or Chef Mickeys
Sunday - O hana brunch, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Downtown Disney
Monday - Magic Kingdom - Lunch at the Crystal Palace and Wishes Dessert Party
Tuesday - ??
Wednesday - Hollywood Studios - Dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse
Thursday - Animal Kingdom - Dinner at Kouzzina - Valentine's Day
Friday - Feb 15 - MK? Fly home at 7pm

Ok. Please advise! Just received email from Magically Speaking. Email indicates Mad Tea Party & Beauty & Beast Live closed now through 2/18 (MTP) & through 3/12 (B&B -Live). My Disney Experience showing times for B&B-Live.

Details? Info?

Last I had heard they were opening around the 18th, not closing. I wonder if they pushed the dates out? :sad:

skater said:
Sounds like there are a few of us going down the end of Feb. I'll be at Pop Feb. 23-March 1. It seems so far away :goodvibes.
I'll be there then too! It does seem far away, but it'll be here before we know it! In the meantime we can work on all those last minute plans! :)

bellanotte10 said:
I'm end of feb too! I'll be there for the princess half in 4 weeks so you won't be one of the last here!
Good Luck!!

SplashMtnCrew said:
Forgot to mention that I booked the Wishes Dessert Party :cool1: The new website about drove me crazy! I found a table for the party and decided to make sure DH still wanted to go, went back to book it and it was gone! Signed in and out half-a-dozen times, refreshed the page, UGH! Finally got it and paid disney money for the third time in 5 days :rotfl2: The Wishes party is so worth it. DH likes having a place to go and relax while waiting for Wishes to start and it really is a great view! I highly recommend it to anyone!
hey fellow Charlestonian! I'm super jealous of your Wishes Dessert Party ressie! I'm trying to book one but they don't have any availability on our MK day for a party of 2. They have availability for a party of 3 (of course!). Guess I'll be checking every day! Fingers crossed!

themcive4 said:
We will be there on our 1st trip Feb 19-22 cant wait!
Yay! So happy you're planning your first trip! Best wishes for a magical trip!

mommyrants said:
So I have purposely not over planned, but I am afraid I under planned! EEK

Help me fill this is - We are staying at CSR and renting a car. I want to pick up Groceries. What do you think of my Park days/ADR's?

Saturday - Feb 9 - Fly in at 11 am - Epcot and Rose and Crown for dinner or Chef Mickeys
Sunday - O hana brunch, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Downtown Disney
Monday - Magic Kingdom - Lunch at the Crystal Palace and Wishes Dessert Party
Tuesday - ??
Wednesday - Hollywood Studios - Dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse
Thursday - Animal Kingdom - Dinner at Kouzzina - Valentine's Day
Friday - Feb 15 - MK? Fly home at 7pm

Can't say I've tried any of your ADRs, but I've heard fabulous things about the Dessert Party and O'Hana! Unfortunately O'Hana wouldn't work into our plans and I'm still working on the Dessert Party. Anyhoo, I'm sure you will have a fantastic time!!

So, my travel agent called today and told me that she has my Disney package. In the past, the other TAs that I used always mailed it to me. This TA told me she would put it in the vault until I could come and get it. Her office is 40 minutes away and they close 30 minutes after I get off of work. :crazy2: My DD (who is going on the trip with me) will be able to pick it up tomorrow, but will not be able to get it to me until Saturday because of her work schedule. I hope I can keep it together for two more days.:upsidedow I want my Mickey Mail!:sad:

hey fellow Charlestonian! I'm super jealous of your Wishes Dessert Party ressie! I'm trying to book one but they don't have any availability on our MK day for a party of 2. They have availability for a party of 3 (of course!). Guess I'll be checking every day! Fingers crossed!

I've heard that some people book the 3 people and then call and cancel one person. I thought I read that on the dessert party thread. Now, is that ethical? I dunno, but only you can decide.

So, my travel agent called today and told me that she has my Disney package. In the past, the other TAs that I used always mailed it to me. This TA told me she would put it in the vault until I could come and get it. Her office is 40 minutes away and they close 30 minutes after I get off of work. :crazy2: My DD (who is going on the trip with me) will be able to pick it up tomorrow, but will not be able to get it to me until Saturday because of her work schedule. I hope I can keep it together for two more days.:upsidedow I want my Mickey Mail!:sad:

Did you ask if your TA could just put it in the mail?

If anyone is looking for 1900 Park Fare ADR's, there is one open right now for 2/5 for 2, 3 or 4 people at 8:25pm. Also one on 2/3 at 7:50, same # of people. Just FYI!

I wish I had thought to find this thread much sooner as we've been counting down for well over 200 days... but then the cruise board I'm on (on FB and here) is hopping and hard to keep up with as is!

Myself, DH, and DD (8) will be arriving at POR on the 7th (leaving the 12th) after our 4 night Bahamian cruise on the Dream. It's our 4th Disney cruise and 3rd trip to World. Been to DL so many times I lost count.

I cannot wait! We'll be at MK on the 7th after dropping our bags off at the resort, then HS, then Universal (Harry Potter!), MK again, and lastly Epcot. No AK this time around. Super excited for Hoop Dee Doo, Whispering Canyon, and Be Our Guest!

Have you heard we'll be surrounded by cheer leaders??? Oy!

Who's ready for some sunshine???

Just received email from Magically Speaking. Email indicates Mad Tea Party & Beauty & Beast Live closed now through 2/18 (MTP) & through 3/12 (B&B -Live).

NOOO! Not my Beauty and the Beast!! :sad:

my coworker was at work sick with a cold. :mad: seriously? and she gets mad if someone else comes in sick.

How horrible. :( We have customers and coworkers who come in sneezing all over their hands then touching the counter, the merchandise; they let their kids sniffle all over everything. :crazy2:

DW, DS0.5, DS2 and I will be hitting the southwest terminal 11 days and a couple hours (not that I'm counting or anything :hyper:). Staying at ASMo. ... DS2 and I have done some travel prep and got this whole flu / coughing out of the way before we left.

Welcome! Good thinking getting the flu out of the way. :thumbsup2

Does anyone use the lime green Mickey heads anymore?

Seconding the question? I wish I'd known about it back when it was popular.

Last trip in 2010 we drove and on the way home, about 2 hours into the drive, we wrecked! Totaled the car! I think it's scarred me.

Yikes! :scared1: At least you didn't say anyone was seriously hurt. Back in the mid-90s we still drove down to Disney (all two days to get there) and the one trip we lost a wheel around West Virginia. Dad was so afraid of it happening again that we flew the two trips after then.

What do you think of my Park days/ADR's?

Looks good from my limited knowledge. A least all the places you're eating are ones I considered, too. Depending on when the BBB appointment is you could probably sneak in a grocery trip between that and the 'Ohana brunch? I remember there's a Walmart nearby in Kissimmee if nowhere else.

Sounds like there are a few of us going down the end of Feb. I'll be at Pop Feb. 23-March 1. It seems so far away :goodvibes.
Yay! My brother surprised me with a "Free Pass To Disney" for Christmas! Made our reservation for Feb 24-Mar 1 at CSR! Ekk! I'm so excited! Maybe I'll be able to bump into some of you!
I'm end of feb too! I'll be there for the princess half in 4 weeks so you won't be one of the last here!

I'll be across the Hourglass Lake from skater in the Cars Suites from Feb 24 - Mar 2. If the lines for the AoA buses get too crazy maybe we'll run into each other on the Pop bus. One month until we're heading back to the resort from MK!!

A quick crazy, frivolous question, but has anyone ever wanted to switch their screenname on here? I really want to change to a more Disney-ish name that fits me since I only picked this one to get on the boards faster but it seems silly. Am I nuts to want to do this? :confused3

Did you ask if your TA could just put it in the mail?

I didn't ask and she didn't offer. I will get it faster with my DD picking it up rather than having the TA mail it. Our trip is still 32 days out, so it's not really that big of a deal. I just love getting my Mickey mail!

My last TA mailed her "package" to me a week before I was to leave on my 1st Disney Cruise. (I had already received my packet from Disney) Two days before I left, I had called and told her that I had not received it yet. She emailed me the contents (everything but the magnet picture frame). Her packet arrived while I was on the cruise!:eek: Good thing it wasn't anything important.

The TA that I used before that mailed our Disney packet along with her own packet of information to me and I received it one week before the trip. I was beginning to panic. It was the first time that I used a TA (my DS's idea).

I really don't know if I'm a TA type of traveler. I know that they each have, in a small way, helped me out, but I think I did just as we'll on my own on all of my previous trips. Maybe I just haven't found the right TA yet.:hug:

Good morning y'all! Just posting so I can see my ticker. It says 2 weeks and 1 day BUT we actually leave on the Friday so to me my vacation actually starts in 2 weeks! :banana:

Three weeks from tomorrow we start vacation!! First trip with only one child.

Looks like I have to saver this trip because it may be quite a while before we return. Talked to my oldest DD last night and she and her fiance are starting wedding plans for possible October wedding. :scared1: I am so happy that she is getting married. I really like her fiance a lot, but she is so young I wish they would wait another year so I could save more. Plus she will finish her apprenticeship in May and won't have a job. Oh well, maybe she will apply to work for Disney again and get the job, then I can go even more often :thumbsup2

I'll be arriving Feb 8th & returning on the 12th. My three parks are AK, MK, and EP. I haven't nailed down which day is which yet. Will depend on the weather because if there is any rain I want to go to AK.

Bev

So now I really DO need to pay attention the the weather report, right? I will be in MK one week from this very moment! Right now it's showing rain & 65 degrees :faint: So I really need to accept that it might actually rain, shouldn't I??

(you DO realize I'm waiting for someone to say "no...it can change soooo quickly in Florida....I is NOT a definite that it will rain").

Someone?

Anyone??
:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter