• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** New Official February 2013 Thread ***

Hi Everyone! :wave2:

I am so excited I found this thread!:cheer2: I glanced through the other day and didn't find a Feb 2013 thread, but today I did! :cool1: I would love to join in the fun!

Long story short: We hadn't planned on doing a WDW trip this year, disappointing but life happens. Two weeks ago DH came home found 3 unused disney luggage tags on the nightstand (I really intended to put them away) DH came walking into the kitchen asked what are these for, I turned around and he was waving the luggage tags and smiling! He said that sounds like a great idea, go get me some prices! Woo-Hoo pixiedust:

I booked our trip this past Saturday, within the 45 day mark and paid in full :crazy2: Made one ADR and was done! Last night I asked DH about doing Wishes dessert party again, he asked what other adr's do we have and I said just the one. He said he wants to try some restaurants that we've never been to on this trip. Last night I called WDTC and added another night to the end of our trip (paid again :thumbsup2) and booked 5 more adr's! :hyper:

We'll be staying at CBR Feb 25 - March 2!!! We've always wanted to try CBR but haven't gotten around to it before. So this trip is all about trying new stuff and enjoying our old favorites!

How exciting! I'm so jealous of the last minute trip planning!

I think I might be the last person in this thread at the end:rotfl:

We leave in 30 days:cool1: We land at 8pm so we won't get to POR until 9:30 or 10 depending how long it takes us. Then it is straight to bed as we are starting our trip with rope drop at Animal Kingdom the next morning!

We leave in 32 days. So I'll be here too! :scared:

I think I might be the last person in this thread at the end:rotfl:

We leave in 30 days:cool1: We land at 8pm so we won't get to POR until 9:30 or 10 depending how long it takes us. Then it is straight to bed as we are starting our trip with rope drop at Animal Kingdom the next morning!

How exciting! I'm so jealous of the last minute trip planning!

We leave in 32 days. So I'll be here too! :scared:

Me too! Me too! 32 days here!

17 more days until our first trip and the boys, 7 and 3, first plane ride! I must say the weather has been beautiful in Louisiana the past couple of days. I hope it continues when we get to Orlando!

Howdy fellow Texans!

North Austin near 183 and 35. With that address, it's Pop and the play stay dine discount for us! Yippee! Feb. 1-7.
Katie

:lmao: You are hilarious - we may be South Austin, but not Circle C. We are staying at POP with discount too! We usually only travel during FD, but gotta crash DD's Disneymoon. It's a moral imperative!

Nothing wrong with a last minute trip SplashMtNCrew! You'll get to hang out until the last strands with the rest of us end-of-the-month cool cats.

My laptop is going to take a MONTH to fix according to the Geek Squad :sad: But at least I was able to get all of my planning documents onto a USB stick thingy AND I had bought the 'I'm such a klutz I'll probably drop this within two months' protection so no additional charges on the credit card. :thumbsup2 I had to tell the guy at the counter that I may not be here when it's fixed and he wanted to know where to reach me at that time. "Disney World," I said, to which he asked, "How about I deliver it to you and you sneak me in?" :rotfl:

Thankfully, I have a pretty decent kid sister who's letting me borrow her laptop for a bit so I can still check in here. Now to just remember to reschedule our 50's Prime Time dinner for earlier in the day.

Sorry to say, we don't leave till the 26th. I am afraid there will just be a few of us following soon enough.

Look on the bright side - you will still have a trip to look forward to and we will be sad that it is all over for us. :sad:

My laptop is going to take a MONTH to fix according to the Geek Squad :sad: But at least I was able to get all of my planning documents onto a USB stick thingy AND I had bought the 'I'm such a klutz I'll probably drop this within two months' protection so no additional charges on the credit card. :thumbsup2
That was pretty lucky that you got the insurance. :)

apentney said:
Here I am 7 1/2 days until we hit the road and I am sitting in the Dr office hoping they don't tell me I have the flu. :(
The weather is really nice today here in New Orleans. It's 65 and feels wonderful with the sun shine.
I really need to stop checking the accuweather site. It is making me crazy, rain, no rain. They need to make up their minds. Lol

I know-torture! I'd rather have cold at wdw than rain.

Well good to see I'll have some company in here!!

Last summer I was on the August thread and left at the end of the month. I think there was only 2 or 3 of us at that point so we amused ourselves chatting and trying to pass the time:goodvibes

I'm telling you guys.. it is absolutely frigid here these past few days. Anything will be better than this! I am so excited. I think I will start packing next weekend. I also have the folder to make. I print out every possible confirmation number and reservation etc and keep it in a booklet so that will pass some time. The boys are going to renew their passports tomorrow. Nice 150 dollar fee for that:rolleyes1
I'm still hoping to get a cheaper rental car. We're at 250 right now for a full size for 9.5 days. I am hoping to get it lower. So there is still a bit to get ready and plan. It's just still so far away!!!

so great to read soooo much excitement!!!! 9 days til we leave, 10 til we are there!!!! my coworker was at work sick with a cold. :mad: seriously? and she gets mad if someone else comes in sick. i do natural remedies, so took lots of garlic and vitamin c this evening!!

We had our Disney meeting at school tonight, completed all necessary paperwork required by the school board, since this is a school sponsored trip. Received our daily itinerary, so i was able to then make my ADR :thumbsup2. Countdown time...15 days. Will spend this weekennd in fully Disney prep mode!!!!

Disney totally consumes my life right now.

Since I only have ~30 minutes until midnight, I'll go ahead and claim it... 9 days til we are at the Most Magical Place on Earth. I leave for Disney next week, yeah! :cool1:

ADRS. Check (made at 180D mark)
----BoG, HDDR, CRT, Akershus, Tusker House, T-Rex, Hollywood Brown Derby Fantasmic Package, 1900 Park Fare, GG, CP, 'Ohana, H&V
PP+. Check (3 monthg ago)
Disney invites, letters, t-shirt disigns, coupons. Check. Thanks to all of the DISigners on Dis. :thumbsup2
Printed invites, etc. Check.
Ordered & received new luggage. Check.
Disney outfits for daughter. Check.
Princess suitcase. Check.
Started packing. Check.
Earplugs for plane. Check. May not need, DD 1st time on plane. Activites for plane. Check.
Rx & OTC meds. Check.
In-room celebration. Check.
Disney Event Photographers session. Check.
AoA photo session. Check
My Disney App. Check. Hope it will still be working.
Kenny the Pirate page saved to iPhone. Check. Character locations & times.
Itinerary. Check.
Color coded itinerary saved to Dropbox & added Dropbox App to iPhone. Check.
WDW Lines App. Check.
TWiz App. Check.
Verified flight. Check.
Southwest App. Check.
Verified Mickey Mail. Check. Check. Check. Check.
Disney Gift Cards. Check. Check. Check. Check. Disney gift card app. Check.
Suprise gifts for DD. Check. Check Check.
Shopping list. Check. List almost complete.
Garden Grocers. To Do List for tomorrow.
Making family & DD birthday T-shirts. On-hold. Waiting to receive transfer paper from Amy Mickey....Requested Disigns months ago, but just remembered to order paper. Luckily she mailed the next day. Yeah!

Did I forget something? Is a backpack/bag for the parks really necessary? I am bringing stroller, better safe than sorry.

Sleep. Check. If nodding while on computer counts. I'm not quite sure if I am sleeping. I go to sleep Murder She Wrote is on. Wake up. Still on. Accuweather is going to kill me....:rotfl2: Oh well, who needs sleep.....;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter