*** New Official February 2013 Thread ***

Is anyone planning on doing anything special for Valentine's Day other than a nice dinner at a nice restaurant? We're current planning on having dinner at Artist Point that night, but I'm thinking that it would be nice to make it a little bit better (but without spending a lot more money!)

DH asked if I wanted anything or to do anything..I told him just being at Disney with him and the kids is all I need, can't get anymore magical then that, Disney with people I love!!:lovestruc
Hope you have a good one and a wonderful dinner!

Sorry give me the dates again. I can't find the original post. We talk so much in the FB group that I honestly don't check this thread as much as I should!

it's ok,I know it's hard. 2/13-17/13, staying offsite @ Comfort Suites Maingate East...Thanks a bunch!!:thumbsup2

18 days 21 hours before we leave. Has anyone started packing?

YES! My bags are half packed, mostly fall/winter stuff, hats, scarfs and socks. I know one week before departure time I'll unpack the whole thing and organize everything bu it's nice to see the luggage half full! :moped:

We have 21 days until we leave and I am so excited:-)!! We were there in October for F&W and it was super duper crowded. I am really hoping for slower crowds this time around. I haven't started packing the family yet...crazy whether, 85 degrees in Cape Canaveral today (Mom lives there) so I am not sure how to pack!?!? It was 73 degrees here in Charlotte today :-)!!

artemis908 said:
I actually just checked in yesterday, so you should be able to also. But there was a list that you could check off. Mine showed floor levels and views. Anything outside of that you should call and they will add a note to .

So w/online checkin you WERE able to select a particular floor?? We are staying at BLT in MK view but we want a higher floor room and wasnt sure we could select that via online checkin

So w/online checkin you WERE able to select a particular floor?? We are staying at BLT in MK view but we want a higher floor room and wasnt sure we could select that via online checkin

Yes, I was able to pick highest floor, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, boardwalk view, canal view. I would suspect it'd be similar for you!

18 days 21 hours before we leave. Has anyone started packing?

I started to pack some travel sized stuff. Got a very nice travel set from sephora that included shampoo, conditioner, volumizer, and hair spray inside a very nice case that could fit additional items. I also have two Disney shirts I packed. The only real reason I am waiting is because I have no clue what the weather will be like in 3 weeks. Things could change in an instant!

artemis908 said:
Yes, I was able to pick highest floor, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, boardwalk view, canal view. I would suspect it'd be similar for you!

I started to pack some travel sized stuff. Got a very nice travel set from sephora that included shampoo, conditioner, volumizer, and hair spray inside a very nice case that could fit additional items. I also have two Disney shirts I packed. The only real reason I am waiting is because I have no clue what the weather will be like in 3 weeks. Things could change in an instant!

Actually I never had that choice with online check-in today. Where in the process did you get tower those choices? I suppose I could've missed it, but I was intentionally waiting for that to pop up and the next thing I know it said I was all finished. I had already called a month ago to make a room request, do you think it's just already in the system? Kinda worried about it now.

Is anyone planning on doing anything special for Valentine's Day other than a nice dinner at a nice restaurant? We're current planning on having dinner at Artist Point that night, but I'm thinking that it would be nice to make it a little bit better (but without spending a lot more money!)

DH & I will also be celebrating Valentine's Day with dinner at AP. That and Flying Fish Cafe are our two favorite WDW restaurants. Our ADR is 5:45 pm. Depending on when you are dining you might enjoy going out on the WL beach to watch Wishes and the Electric Water Parade.

We'll be spending the day in AK because I am a critter lover and and really like Kilimanjaro Safari, Pangiani Trail, Maharajah Jungle Trek, FOTLK & Jungle Jammin' Parade. And Flame Tree Barbecue is our one must do CS. So we'll just be doing some of our favorite things in one of my happy places. DH is sweet enough to indulge my Disney passion so long as I do all the planning and just get his input on ADRs.

Actually I never had that choice with online check-in today. Where in the process did you get tower those choices? I suppose I could've missed it, but I was intentionally waiting for that to pop up and the next thing I know it said I was all finished. I had already called a month ago to make a room request, do you think it's just already in the system? Kinda worried about it now.

This screen is on page 3 of the online check-in
ry%3D480.jpg

and this is what I see after that
ry%3D400

artemis908 said:

Wow, there's no way I could've missed that. I never saw anything remotely like that. I plan to call tomorrow to check about my requests. Thank you.

artemis908 said:

I checked in for VWL online. My only choices were lower floor and near elevator, neither of which mesh with what I requested when I made my room reservation. I also did not have the option of choosing a ready room or my requests.

Thanks for sharing this as I've never used this site before. My new daily dose is to check the extended forecast and add the weather estimate to my travel calendar and update if the weather changes. So far they're posted thru Wed 2/5. While not 81 like today, I wouldn't mind a 68 sunny day.

Ditto!

Did an online check in today and the only option i remember was boardwalk view choice.

Your welcome :)
It's just something else to check everyday and to stress about. I don't know what I'm going to do with all my free time after the trip is over :(

Why, you dream/plan/book your NEXT Disney stay of course! pixiedust:

45 days for us!! :cool1:

Oh thank goodness another person in the 40s. I was getting quite jealous of all these 20s and teens postings! 42 days for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter