*** New Official February 2013 Thread ***

Welcome to all of our new friends! :welcome:

POFQ is so far the most sought out resort in this thread! I hope to meet and say a quick hello to all of you at some point :)

This will be my first time there but reading the POFQ FAQ thread made me seriously fall in love with the hotel, the small and quaint atmosphere, the grounds and the amenities are up there some of the Deluxe. The only thing I'll miss is the monorail'

Posted from my iPhone using DISBoards

As I suspected, I made a change to our original ressie. We are now going to be staying at the All Star Music Family Suites. We used the S/P/D special and saved over $1100.00:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

We booked our flights so count me in on the headed to the world in February thread!! :cheer2:Now that the flights are booked it is REAL! We are traveling for the first time as a family of 5. Staying at POR in a preferred room (really wanted Alligator Bayou and didn't want to risk not getting it with just a request) from Feb 1-Feb 8. I am a bit worried about the weather, as I know it can sometimes be on the cooler side, but I keep reminding myself that it will feel like heaven compared to the weather we'll be having! :) SOOOO excited!!pixiedust:
-Kelly

Yesterday we booked our flights, rental car, and I made our Windsor Hills reservation! Dining reservations are made. All that's left is park tickets and we're good to go. :thumbsup2

We still haven't booked our rental car that we will use AFTER our WDW part of our trip.

Anyone have any opinions on POR vs. POFQ? We love the pool at POR but I doubt we'll use it in February and POFQ looks like it might be a little quieter.

I went back & forth deciding between POFQ or a Royal room at POR . I had always said next trip would be FQ then I started thinking my DD might enjoy a Royal room. Ultimately I decided I could spend the savings on something else & my feet would appreciate less walking at POFQ!:) I'll just have to take her back to those royal rooms another time :thumbsup2

I was more worried about February weather than anything. I just figured I'll pack for a blizzard, then Florida will have a heat wave:rotfl:

Well folks I got the free dining/ room discount PIN code and it's good for my February dates. I was super excited to take 1200 off our trip total! But (with me there is always a but:rolleyes2) then I started the scheming and the planning to change resorts. Afterall we have AP's and the 35 percent off at AKL or BWI is looking really appealing!

Alas, it still would end up costing more than 7 nights with free ddp at POR and the bottom line for this trip is COST. We went in May and August this year (darn AP's) and there is ZERO reason to spend more money on this trip.
So here is my solemn vow that I will stick with POR. I LOVED Port Orleans when we stayed in 2010 and have been wanting to go back. I might consider POFQ instead since I have never stayed there but I am NOT upgrading to a deluxe. I promise.:blush:

So there you have it. I've put it out there and now I have to stick to my word. Pin code for free dining can be booked until late February but I really should call and put down my deposit so that it doesn't fill up.
Anyone have any opinions on POR vs. POFQ? We love the pool at POR but I doubt we'll use it in February and POFQ looks like it might be a little quieter.

I'm not sure about the free dining/room discount pin, but I can tell you that for the room only discounts that are available for 2013 POFQ is only 5% off but POR is 30% off. If the same is true for your pin POR would be a much better deal.

Yeah :( It's on Disney's site...

Splash Mountain - Closed For Refurbishment [ Friday, February 01 - Tuesday, March 19 ]

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/

Ugghh! BTMRR was closed for refurbishment last time we were there and we opted not to do Splash because it was too late or cold or line was too long or something (can't recall at the moment)! This trip I had big plans to get on both mountains!! I'm really bummed we won't be able to get on Splash.

Just to update, I switched us to a split stay w/ 2 nights at AOA in the Cars suite and 5 nights at POP. It's not the trip I originally planned, but we are saving a ton, so it's all good.

Calle&Jakesmom said:
Ugghh! BTMRR was closed for refurbishment last time we were there and we opted not to do Splash because it was too late or cold or line was too long or something (can't recall at the moment)! This trip I had big plans to get on both mountains!! I'm really bummed we won't be able to get on Splash.

I've been prepping my 4 year old for our Mardi Gras trip to get her on Splash! So disappointed. :(

we'll be there Feb 14-18, not sure which resort yet and we're trying to decide on our ADR, will update when we decide!;)

I am so bummed about Splash Mountain. :( Honestly if I hadn't already booked my trip, I'd probably consider changing dates just for that! I can't imagine being in MK and not riding it 4-5 times during the day. Hopefully the FLE will make up for it.

I'm bummed about Splash Mountain as well. When I lived there it was always...next time. Next time never came. Last trip my DD6 was too scared to ride it. Had her convinced this was the trip to ride it and now....closed. Oh well...there's always the 2014 trip!

I am looking at a surprise trip for DS 8, Feb 9-11. CSR! How do I get rid of my old ticker!:headache:? I read through the tutorial but still lost!

I am looking at a surprise trip for DS 8, Feb 9-11. CSR! How do I get rid of my old ticker!:headache:? I read through the tutorial but still lost!

Click User CP, then go to "Edit Signature", then erase the text in the box and click save.

I booked my flight today!!!!
I am flying jetblue, it's the first time I fly from Burlington, VT. It was a lot cheaper than leaving from Montréal.

Omg! 110 days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter