*** New Official February 2013 Thread ***

Prefam 4- have you ever ran in the Princess Half marathon or this your first time? I have condsidered starting to run just so I can go to DW and run in the Princess Half! :)

This will be my first half. I have done a bunch of 5k's and 10k's, but not branched out that far yet. I figured if I'm going to do a half, may as well do it at Disney :)

Count me in!!! Port of Orleans French Quarter Feb 10 - 16th!!!

You're going to be there at the same time and at the same resort as we are. I'm traveling with a friend. We are going to WDW first and then take a 3 1\2 road trip from Orlando to San Francisco and back to Orlando again. Our route is starting to take shape, but we still have A LOT of planning to do before we leave home.

I'm from Norway and my friend is from Sweden. Because my friend is from Sweden we are able to use the offer at the UK website. Our flights to and from the USA and our WDW part of the vacation is booked. We still have to book our rental car.

Joining in!
We briefly switched our February plans to the week before Christmas but it was proving to be too expensive, a ton of planning, and a pain in the rear end to try and arrange it all.
So as much as I wanted to see the Christmas stuff.. it will all be there in a few years.

Dh and I are going to get one more trip out of these Annual Passes. He has a week off in February, we have a 300 Southwest credit and we plan to stay at a value or try to get a good rate on moderate.

So if we go.. the dates are February 22nd to March 3rd:)

Could you add me in? We will be there Feb 4- 11th. We will probably be staying at All Star Movies. We were in the hopsital for the last week and I didn't have time to check in here. I was really hoping packages would be released while we were there. I am getting so anxious.

Can someone tell me how to get on the Facebook page?

I'm going Feb 22-28 no clue where I'm staying yet. Running the 5k!
I also send a friend request to FB with no response. :confused3

I'm in! I see you already have me on the list, but can you change my dates to February 8th to 14th? We're still planning to stay at Pop.
Thanks!

Hello everyone! We have been all over the board on dates for our first trip with the kiddos, but I think we are set on February 2013 now! Don't know where we are going to stay yet, although we are hoping for AoA. We'd like to go the last week of February, but we still have to play around with the dates. I didn't realize it was the princess half marathon that weekend. Does that raise room rates?

I can't wait to book our trip! Sounds like packages are still not available though, right? I guess I will wait...not so patiently...

Could you add me in? We will be there Feb 4- 11th. We will probably be staying at All Star Movies. We were in the hopsital for the last week and I didn't have time to check in here. I was really hoping packages would be released while we were there. I am getting so anxious.

Can someone tell me how to get on the Facebook page?

Hi sommergirl25! I got you added to the list. Please send me a PM and then I will get you onto the Facebook group. We are all very chatty on there! :)

I'm going Feb 22-28 no clue where I'm staying yet. Running the 5k!
I also send a friend request to FB with no response. :confused3

bitohoney- I got you on the list. Please send me a PM and I will make sure to get you in our FB group!

Hello everyone! We have been all over the board on dates for our first trip with the kiddos, but I think we are set on February 2013 now! Don't know where we are going to stay yet, although we are hoping for AoA. We'd like to go the last week of February, but we still have to play around with the dates. I didn't realize it was the princess half marathon that weekend. Does that raise room rates?

I can't wait to book our trip! Sounds like packages are still not available though, right? I guess I will wait...not so patiently...

:welcome: Kitkat6595! I am not sure if the marathon raises prices, but I looked up previous years and it seemed the middle and end of Feb. was a little more expensive than the beginning. I am hoping to stay at AoA also, as long as FD is included there.

We are all waiting not so patiently until they get up the 2013 packages. Don't know why they are waiting so long this year! :confused3

Last time I went to Disney,I was twelve! Now I am planning my first trip for my DD's 5th:banana: bday with DH and it would be his first trip there ever! :woohoo:I've been trying to do my homework. So far I like POP as my resort. Ive heard about the meal plan possibly being free. But besides that, I'm not sure. DD bday is the 8th so I would try to fly out of NJ the night before. Any tips anyone can offer would be much appreciated. Also I am trying to be as frugal as possible but if I can't I can't. :thanks:

President's Day week is also winter break for many in the Northeast.

I've been end of Feb and was able to swim. For those who've gone early Feb, were you able to swim?

Hey everyone!

First off, I'd like to thank artemis908 for inviting me to this thread :)

This looks like the perfect place to pass some time before the big trip next year. This will my first vacation to DW, and I'm super excited and still learning the ropes at the same time. So far I've had a really pleasant experience with the forum, and I won't hesitate to ask any questions :goodvibes

I guess I'll start with a random question regarding that time of year. Will Kali River Rapids and Fantasmic be open?

Thanks in advance :)

P.S. I'd love to join the FB group as well!

Hi sommergirl25! I got you added to the list. Please send me a PM and then I will get you onto the Facebook group. We are all very chatty on there! :)

Thank you! I haven't posted much so it won't let me. I will pm you when I get to 10!

:welcome: sassymama6! How exciting you get to take your DD and DH for their first trips! Just wait until your DD sees the castle for the first time!!! :love: In the past Feb. has offered free dining, so I am hoping for that as well. I think that is the best way to go as far as getting the best deal. We have stayed at Pop the last 2 trips and we love it there! I am from NJ also, but we fly out of Philly.

I will add you to the roll call list as undecided dates until you let me know definite dates. Send me a PM and I will get you into our FB group. We are very chatty on there! :)

:welcome: Erina! Glad you are joining us! How exciting for your first trip to DW!! :banana: You are going to love it! Do you know dates or resort yet? I will addd you to the list as undecide until you let me know. I looked up last year and Fantasmic was playing in Feb. but it looked like the middle of Feb. Easywdw has the January 2013 schedule up and Fantasmic is showing throughout Jan. so I am sure it will be showing in Feb. as well. I looked to see about Kali River rapids and couldn't find if it was open or closed. Maybe someone else knows about that??? If you have other questions, please ask away!

Just send me a private message and I will get you added to the FB group! :)

If the room-only rates are any indication of "peak season/value season" rates for packages - I can tell you that Presidents weekend the prices start to jump up and I'm assuming run through President's week.

I have my room-only reservations booked for Mardi Gras week (the week before President's Day week) and the last day or two of my trip have higher rates. This is what my rates look like for 2/7 - 2/14 for my room-only reservation.

Thu, Feb 07 - value season weekday price
Fri, Feb 08 - value weason weekend price (bumped about $12)
Sat, Feb 09 - value weason weekend price (bumped about $12)
Sun, Feb 10 - value season weekday price
Mon, Feb 11 - value season weekday price
Tue, Feb 12 - value season weekday price
Wed, Feb 13 - value season weekday price
Thu, Feb 14 - peak season weekend price (bumped about $50)

Since President's Day is the Monday right after that, I can only assume that the peak season pricing continues through that weekend at least.

Last year, Free Dining was offered the week before President's Day and ended on Thursday. You had to check in by the Thursday before President's Day in order to be eligible for the Free Dining promotion - President's week was blocked out.

Hello! Count me in! I'll be there for the Princess Half. I don't know exactly the dates or hotel yet, as i'm not sure who is coming with me yet, but i'll be there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter