New October Thread

Well, this time next week we'll Be at DLR!!! :cool1: :banana: :yay: :banana: :cool1:

19 more sleeps until we are road trippin to DL!!

Just over 2 weeks, nice!

Having ds birthday party today with the family then we wake up early tomorrow to start our drive to Disney!! Only 1 sleep until we leave and two until we check in to PPH!:cool1::thumbsup2:woohoo::yay:

Hope you had a safe drive and that you're already having fun down there! :thumbsup2

A week from today we'll be thinking about fireworks... But for today, we're just trying to get well, b/c all three of us are sick. :headache:

That's very cute. :) We aren't big on dressing up either, but sometimes we try. When DS was 1, we decided to go as the INcredibles, but with DS as Jack-Jack. Specifically, Jack-Jack in the special features short where you see all of his baby-powers like bursting into a fireball. So Robert wore a red shirt with the logo, then I had a black short and white button-up (maternity) shirt over it, and it was partially buttoned over a babysling I'd made out of red satin with the logo on it, as though my owl Elastigirl body was stretching to make the sling. DS was in a red long-sleeved onesie, and I spent most of that day cutting out triangles of yellow, orange, and red felt to sew on the onesie as though it were flames. DS's hair is red, so I didn't need to do anything to his hair.

NO one got it (so few people watch the special features!), but it was fun anyway, and I still think I was clever for making that sling.:goodvibes

And of course nowadays DS would want to be Dash, most definitely!

Sounds like a cute concept for the costumes! Yeah, did you get a pic of you guys in them?

Hope y'all feel better soon! :goodvibes

Yay for trips starting! We've got 2 weeks from Thurs! Can't wait! Molly I'm sorry you guys are sick! Hope you are all better by the time your trip rolls around!!

Just wanted to leave wishes for safe travel and many happy memories made for all those going on their trips.
:wizard:

Ok I dont know why I am feeling sad about booking our family trip in Oct we usually go early Dec.....but....

So many folks on miceage didnt like the Halloween Party (we go on the 16th), folks are complaining about the crowds - I for one thought it would be slower mid Oct (16-21st), folks dont like the fantasmic dessert thing and so many rides are closed down when its a busy busy month - just saw the steam trains are now closed.

So still very excited we have our customes, princess dresses ready to pack, DD turns 3 on the 17th and fantasmic dessert tickets bought for the first time, DD is now 40 inches so gets to go on new rides..

So dont get me wrong, we have plenty to do with our small kids and we are brand new DVC members so Disney is ours for the next 50 years. But there seem to been a lot of not so happy people/things about going in Oct. Maybe I am just reading some of the wrong threads.

10 days yeah!

Yay for trips starting! We've got 2 weeks from Thurs! Can't wait! Molly I'm sorry you guys are sick! Hope you are all better by the time your trip rolls around!!

Yay for 2 weeks left! :thumbsup2

Just wanted to leave wishes for safe travel and many happy memories made for all those going on their trips.
:wizard:

Thank you!!! :goodvibes

Ok I dont know why I am feeling sad about booking our family trip in Oct we usually go early Dec.....but....

So many folks on miceage didnt like the Halloween Party (we go on the 16th), folks are complaining about the crowds - I for one thought it would be slower mid Oct (16-21st), folks dont like the fantasmic dessert thing and so many rides are closed down when its a busy busy month - just saw the steam trains are now closed.

So still very excited we have our customes, princess dresses ready to pack, DD turns 3 on the 17th and fantasmic dessert tickets bought for the first time, DD is now 40 inches so gets to go on new rides..

So dont get me wrong, we have plenty to do with our small kids and we are brand new DVC members so Disney is ours for the next 50 years. But there seem to been a lot of not so happy people/things about going in Oct. Maybe I am just reading some of the wrong threads.

10 days yeah!

Well that is a bummer that they are shutting down the steam trains - weird that they waited so long to post it on the calendar. Our first day there they are still running, so it looks like we made it just under the line.

I had heard that the MToTP could be crowded (with really long lines for characters), but we're just looking at it as a trick or treat and people watching evening so hopefully it'll still be lots of fun.

I have actually heard good things in general about the Fantasmic Dessert event, and just being able to sit to watch the show in comfort.

Very cool about DDs B-day and her getting to ride some new rides :cool1:

Despite some road blocks there is still lots of magic to be found! :wizard:

The crowds were not bad today at all! It was great weather, cooled down a bit, and fairly low to moderate crowds. I am tempted to head back tomorrow too. HMH hovered around 20-25 mins and both times we walked by ghost galaxy it was only 45 mins, although we left to go to dca at 5 so may have gone up later. Also fast passes were almost gone by 1 pm, return of 7:25. They did extend the park hours to 9 which came as no surprise since they have been doing this several times this month. This week is the week to be there :)

Good to hear that they extended the park hours. I was there on the 9/27 and 9/28 the crowds were awful, but that was because it was opening weekend for Halloween Time. Mid-week will always be better.
I am sorta of concerned about the MToT party. DCA is under a lot of construction and will hamper the event. When I was there last month, I took the power walk inside DCA and realized that the construction will effect MToT. There was so much of it! But look forward to going anyway. We have been going every year since it started. All part of the growing pains.

Is there a special map for MTOTP?
If so does anyone have one for this year that they could send me?

2 wks from today we will be on the road headed to DL!

Big Hugs for DebbieLouWho... i don't know about a map:confused3 if i had one i'd give it to you! Can't wait to see you so soon.

Disneegrl4eva ...you are on the list..i hope your trip is extra special!

Best wishes for everyone traveling.. Can't wait to see some pics! And also reports from TOT events.:grouphug:

Big Hugs for DebbieLouWho... i don't know about a map:confused3 if i had one i'd give it to you! Can't wait to see you so soon.

Best wishes for everyone traveling.. Can't wait to see some pics! And also reports from TOT events.:grouphug:

thank ya:goodvibes

Is there a special map for MTOTP?
If so does anyone have one for this year that they could send me?
Here's a DISboards thread containing a link to the 2009 MToTP map:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2301307&highlight=Halloween+map

I am making the trek from southeastern Michigan to SoCal just so I can spend my birthday, Saturday, October 24, at my favorite Disney theme park (Disneyland). I will also be taking the 4:45 pm Happy Haunts Tour that day so if anyone here will also be on that tour, please let me know. After so many visits to the DLR I will finally be dining at the Blue Bayou restaurant and enjoying a yummy Monte Cristo sandwich. Not quite sure why it took me so long to finally dine at the Blue Bayou :confused3 but figured my birthday was a great time for a first meal there. I am staying at my niece's vacation home in Huntington Beach and will be joined by two of my sisters, my niece, her DH, and two kiddos ages 6 (son) and 4 (daughter) during the week. We will all be spending the day at the Disneyland Resort on Thursday, 10/29, and attending Mickey's Trick or Treat Party that evening. My oldest sis has a Halloween birthday so we'll celebrate her birthday that day as well. My two sisters and I are going as Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather and I think I have my niece convinced to go as Maleficent. My DGNi4 planned to be a "golden princess" for Halloween (their joining us for the MToTP is a recent development) so I think I will bring my DNi6's Princess Aurora dress from our trip to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at WDW and have her wear that. Now to convince my niece's DH to be Prince Phillip! Don't think that's going to happen, but I can try! ;)

Hi my DH and I were discussing the MTOTP - we are staying at the GCV and he says we can enter the party at that side entrance (used to be there) by the grizzly rapid rides - I said I dont think so I think they are only letting folks enter one way into the park - does anyone know?

Then we are heading for the Toy Story ride, and then trick or treating and seeing the parade the rest of the night ...hoping to not have to wait to long.

So what's this MTOTP? I'm still new here, trying to guess the lingo, but can't crack this one. <.<

So what's this MTOTP? I'm still new here, trying to guess the lingo, but can't crack this one. <.<

I don't know all of them, but I can help here. I am guessing some of the time too!

MTOTP= Mickey's Trick or Treat Party

SMGG= Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy

Awww...Dawn I can't wait to see you!! I can't wait for your momma to open her present!!

Here's a DISboards thread containing a link to the 2009 MToTP map:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2301307&highlight=Halloween+map

I am making the trek from southeastern Michigan to SoCal just so I can spend my birthday, Saturday, October 24, at my favorite Disney theme park (Disneyland). I will also be taking the 4:45 pm Happy Haunts Tour that day so if anyone here will also be on that tour, please let me know. After so many visits to the DLR I will finally be dining at the Blue Bayou restaurant and enjoying a yummy Monte Cristo sandwich. Not quite sure why it took me so long to finally dine at the Blue Bayou :confused3 but figured my birthday was a great time for a first meal there. I am staying at my niece's vacation home in Huntington Beach and will be joined by two of my sisters, my niece, her DH, and two kiddos ages 6 (son) and 4 (daughter) during the week. We will all be spending the day at the Disneyland Resort on Thursday, 10/29, and attending Mickey's Trick or Treat Party that evening. My oldest sis has a Halloween birthday so we'll celebrate her birthday that day as well. My two sisters and I are going as Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather and I think I have my niece convinced to go as Maleficent. My DGNi4 planned to be a "golden princess" for Halloween (their joining us for the MToTP is a recent development) so I think I will bring my DNi6's Princess Aurora dress from our trip to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at WDW and have her wear that. Now to convince my niece's DH to be Prince Phillip! Don't think that's going to happen, but I can try! ;)

Thanks!

Here is my question: I have looked at the map. I assume that the rides that are on the MTOTP map are the rides that are open. Sorry in advance if that is a totally stupid question:)

For those staying at HoJo this month, Lorealle just posted new Entertainment Rate days for Oct. 8th, 11th and 12th.

I booked the Happy Haunts Tour for Thursday the 22nd at 4:45 for DH, my sister in law and her friend and me! So excited! :cool1:

We're already on the list for Oct 23, but just wanted to add the Happiest Haunts Tour :-) as well. Thxs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter