*~*NEW October 2013 Thread*~* Our Month Has Arrived!

We leave in 17 days for our VERY FIRST DISNEY TRIP!!!! Our daughter is 9 1/2 and our son is 7 1/2 and they have NO CLUE this is happening! I've been keeping this secret since I booked back in February! As the trip gets closer, it's getting harder and harder to not slip!!!! LOL :ssst:

Anyway, we have been throwing around ideas on how we are going to surprise them for a while now. I'd LOVE to hear your suggestions! This is what we know: Our kids will get up and go to school like normal that Friday morning (their last day of school before Fall Break). We will be picking them up early and the van will be packed and ready to hit the road (we are driving). Now, we never pick the kids up from school so that in itself will make them go, "Umm....what's up? Why are we leaving school early?" Just an FYI.....our kids go to two different schools, so nothing can happen until we get them BOTH picked up and into the van. :)

I'm SO EXCITED!!! My kids LOVE surprises and a 7 night/8 day trip to Disney World is just the ULTIMATE thing to surprise them with!!! :hyper:

Looking forward to hearing your ideas and what others have done! :idea:

That is so awesome :) My friends just did this with their niece and nephews. They set up a hangman game for them to do and that's how they found out.

Were stay at WLV also , Oct 24- Nov 1!
Nice!! We will have to keep an eye out for each other lol. I'll have a green mickey head lol :) Have you done WL before? This is our first time staying DVC, but we have done the lodge a few times. It's our favorite resort :)

Have fun....I'm looking forward to an all adult trip in a little over a month and will enjoy the food and wine festival and the MNSSHP too..

DH and I are trying to figure out how to pack for our trip (10/10-10/15). Anyone know what the temperatures are like for day and night during that time? Do we need shorts? Jeans? Jackets? Any advice would be so greatly appreciated!

DH and I are trying to figure out how to pack for our trip (10/10-10/15). Anyone know what the temperatures are like for day and night during that time? Do we need shorts? Jeans? Jackets? Any advice would be so greatly appreciated!

From what I've read and what my mom remembers (we used to live in FL when I was little) october weather can kind of fluctuate.

Humidity lowers and a nice breeze picks up but its still pretty warm. I plan on checking the weather when we get closer to and packing accordingly. Do remember a light jacket. The A/C is very powerful and if you go inside somewhere you could get chilled. Also the evenings can be a tad on the chilly side if I remember.

We come to Orlando every year. We alternate Halloween with Christmas. Most of the times, Halloween time meant good weather and moderate temperatures. One year, there was horizontal rain at WDW but only during certain times of the day and it didn't last very long. We have always been in the habit of taking ponchos in the event of a downpour. I think your time at WDW in October will be great. After all, October is after hurricane season and it seems that Orlando doesn't get hit by hurricanes very much, the rest of Florida yes, Orlando no...Walt must be looking out for us.

It's still pretty warm. We are planning on shorts!!! :) I've been the first week of Nov. before and it was warm. My niece was swimming. I'm sure my boys won't want to get out of the pool when we're there. But like pp said just check weather the week before you go then you'll have exact temps.
I'm sure others that have been in Oct. before can give more advice. ;)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We have been in October/beginning of November for the past three years in a row and we found that we are comfortable in shorts and a t-shirt. My husband was fine with that during the night as well. I took a light weight sweatshirt with me for the early morning or late night, but only used it twice and that was only on our last trip. I always pack one pair of pants just in case, but never use them. I do like having the sweatshirt with me though.

We have been in October/beginning of November for the past three years in a row and we found that we are comfortable in shorts and a t-shirt. My husband was fine with that during the night as well. I took a light weight sweatshirt with me for the early morning or late night, but only used it twice and that was only on our last trip. I always pack one pair of pants just in case, but never use them. I do like having the sweatshirt with me though.

Were you there last year? We were freezing all week until the last couple of days. :rotfl:

I promise to update everyone this weekend. My daughter came home complaining of ear pain so we are sitting in the doctor. Earlier in the week, my son came home sick with an ear infection. Ugh! But it's better now then in Disney right?

Sorry to here about the :sick: ear infection, that can be painful. Hope both kids get better quickly. :grouphug:

I received my daily Dis News email this morning and the Halloween Parade looks really fun. Have fun everyone...party:

Sorry to here about the :sick: ear infection, that can be painful. Hope both kids get better quickly. :grouphug:

I received my daily Dis News email this morning and the Halloween Parade looks really fun. Have fun everyone...party:

I can't wait to go. We have been watching Hallowishes each day. The kids are really excited. I can't believe it's only 25 days away. It's getting so close. The kids seem to be a little better today. DD doesn't normally take naps but she really needed one today to rest.

Were you there last year? We were freezing all week until the last couple of days. :rotfl:

Yeah we went the beginning of November last year. It was only 50 as a high at home when we left so when we got there and it was 78 and felt like the middle of summer. Haha. When we got there though, I remember the bus driver telling us that there was a cold snap right before we got there.

We almost always go mid October and some years it is mild. Some it is HOT and others COLD. Just check the weather a few days before you leave for your trip to get a better idea of what to pack.

We almost always go mid October and some years it is mild. Some it is HOT and others COLD. Just check the weather a few days before you leave for your trip to get a better idea of what to pack.

It is always exciting when it gets close enough to look at the 10 day forcast!!!

Hi everyone! :wave2:

I'm going October 20th with Mama & Daddy who are 82 and 83 yrs young. They have never been to Disney, Orlando or as nice a hotel as GF. They'll be celebrating their 63rd wedding anniversary! And DH is joining us the following day for his birthday!

I'm so stoked and all I have left is scooter rental for them and the car.

:cool1:

I'm going October 20th with Mama & Daddy who are 82 and 83 yrs young. They have never been to Disney, Orlando or as nice a hotel as GF. They'll be celebrating their 63rd wedding anniversary! And DH is joining us the following day for his birthday!

How wonderful! Make sure everyone is aware that it is their first visit. Ask for celebration buttons if you haven't already. Have an amazing trip! :goodvibes

Thanks so much for all the weather tips, all!! I'll definitely be sure to check on the temps the week before we go. DH and I are from AZ, so our (or at least my) idea of cold is a little different than most! :) :)

Sounds like a great time! I am sure they will love it. Have a wonderful time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter