• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*~*NEW October 2013 Thread*~* Our Month Has Arrived!

Newbie here!!! 29 days away now!!!

Arriving Oct 19-26th, staying at an off-site condo (extended family of 9, 7 adults, 2 children)
Halloween party on Oct 20th (costumes undecided)
5-days in the parks

Hi we are going to be in WDW 10/23-11/4 staying at VWL and the last night at Poly. We are doing MNSSHP on 10/29 and we are doing Pirate and Pals on 10/26. So excited for this trip as it is our first time staying in DVC :)

WDWfanatic2 said:
Hi we are going to be in WDW 10/23-11/4 staying at VWL and the last night at Poly. We are doing MNSSHP on 10/29 and we are doing Pirate and Pals on 10/26. So excited for this trip as it is our first time staying in DVC :)

Were stay at WLV also , Oct 24- Nov 1!

I think I made all the changes. If I missed anyone, please let me know.

:wave2: Anjalee - wanted to stop by and wish you and everyone on the October Thread

:cool1: Have A Super Fun Trip and Wish We Were GOING WITH YOU GUY'S :cool1:

Anjalee - You have been so busy this year!!! :dance3:

:wave2: Anjalee - wanted to stop by and wish you and everyone on the October Thread

:cool1: Have A Super Fun Trip and Wish We Were GOING WITH YOU GUY'S :cool1:

Anjalee - You have been so busy this year!!! :dance3:

Wish you were going too!!
Are you going before July?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I think I made all the changes. If I missed anyone, please let me know.

Great job and thank you!!!! :thumbsup2 I may have forgot to say MNSSHP for myself and hubby on the Oct 6th.

We changed our costumes also. I'm going as Dolly (TS3) and my husband will be Mr. Prinklepants. hehe :goodvibes

Downtown Disney announces "Foodtopia" for October.

I thought the October travelers would be interested in this news posted on the Disney Blog:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...disney-foodtopia-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Ever wanted to try the famous roasted chicken at Bongos Cuban Café? Shrimp and grits at House of Blues? Milk-braised pork shoulder with garlic smashed potatoes at Portobello?

Now you’ve got a good excuse to try them all during “Downtown Disney Foodtopia” October 1-31, when the area becomes a food lover’s paradise with bargain bites for some of the restaurant’s most popular dishes. Seven restaurants are rolling out generous 3-course dinners for $30, with a $60 option at Fulton’s Crab House (tax and gratuity extra). The seven include Bongos Cuban Café, House of Blues, Paradiso 37, Planet Hollywood, Portobello, Splitsville Luxury Lanes and Wolfgang Puck Café.

You can head to Foodtopia any day of the week between 5:30 and 7:30 p.m. – but you have to make your reservation and payment by calling 407-WDW-DINE beginning September 28 and at least 48 hours in advance (and reservations are limited). Cannot be combined with other promotions.

Want to make it a dinner-and-a-show night? If you make a Foodtopia dining reservation, you
can save on tickets to Cirque du Soleil “La Nouba” with a 20 percent discount for everyone in your party.

Such a bargain – three full courses and a non-alcoholic beverage. For instance, at Wolfgang Puck Café, you can start with garlic and white bean hummus, a Caesar salad or butternut squash soup. Entrees include pesto chicken, crispy pork loin or spaghetti Bolognese. Desserts are key lime pie, carrot cake or a brownie sundae. Paradiso 37 is offering blackened mahi sliders, a hearty beef burrito or chicken enchiladas paired with a starter and dessert. At Planet Hollywood their Celebrity BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger is on tap for an entrée, or lasagna or their gargantuan Southwest Salad. These aren’t pared-down courses. Splitsville lets you choose from eight appetizers and 10 entrées, with a brownie and ice cream for dessert.

And that $60 menu at Fulton’s Crab House? It includes either shrimp cocktail, steamed clams and mussels or jumbo lump crab cake to start; a whole Rhode Island lobster, cioppino or filet mignon for an entrée, and a Tollhouse Cookie sundae, key lime pie or root beer float for dessert. Extravagant dining for a reasonable price.

We're staying offsite. At Epcot on 10/7 and 10/8, HS 10/9. After that, we'll play it by EAR

Mayday51:beach:

ddluvsdisney said:
Wish you were going too!!
Are you going before July?

Hello - Doing this by Samgsung Company Phone and it is terrible - and Sprint is the carrier. Half the time I have to push the send button 15 times before I will be connected to a phone call.

I know right - it would be a lot of fun to back with the same gang.
Yes July 13th through the 21st. Are you going also???

Hello - Doing this by Samgsung Company Phone and it is terrible - and Sprint is the carrier. Half the time I have to push the send button 15 times before I will be connected to a phone call.

I know right - it would be a lot of fun to back with the same gang.
Yes July 13th through the 21st. Are you going also???

Yes we'll be spending the month there again. Woohoo!!! We need to take advantage of it, I'm paying for it right?!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

21 days today!!! Getting closer.

I realized today that APs get 30% off boat rentals. My DS16 has been begging us to rent the sea racer boats again. They are so much fun, so we're gonna surprise him. I was thinking the day we were going to Ohana for dinner, we could do it before at the Poly. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I promise to update everyone this weekend. My daughter came home complaining of ear pain so we are sitting in the doctor. Earlier in the week, my son came home sick with an ear infection. Ugh! But it's better now then in Disney right?

I promise to update everyone this weekend. My daughter came home complaining of ear pain so we are sitting in the doctor. Earlier in the week, my son came home sick with an ear infection. Ugh! But it's better now then in Disney right?

Oh that stinks!!
Yes it's better than in Disney, but ear infections are no fun. Especially so early in the year!! Yikes :(

Yes, better now than in Disney but hope they feel better soon. :(

Well it's a confirmed ear infection for my daughter too. Antibiotics all around! And on top of that, we noticed a few days ago that she had a rash developing on her hands. The doctor asked her if she has been playing with anything new, eating anything different, and come to find out, she said they are using new raspberry soap in the bathrooms at school. Doctor said something in the chemical make up must be bothering her skin. Contact day care and they confirm they are using new soap since last week, ugh, so do I ask them to switch soaps or do I bring soap from home that is fragrance free that she can use? So weird. Anyway, doctor said to stay away from the trigger so I guess she needs new soap one way or the other. She has to wash her hands.

Well it's a confirmed ear infection for my daughter too. Antibiotics all around! And on top of that, we noticed a few days ago that she had a rash developing on her hands. The doctor asked her if she has been playing with anything new, eating anything different, and come to find out, she said they are using new raspberry soap in the bathrooms at school. Doctor said something in the chemical make up must be bothering her skin. Contact day care and they confirm they are using new soap since last week, ugh, so do I ask them to switch soaps or do I bring soap from home that is fragrance free that she can use? So weird. Anyway, doctor said to stay away from the trigger so I guess she needs new soap one way or the other. She has to wash her hands.

That stinks but at least they figured out what it was. The same thing happened to my friend's daughter last year in preschool. Her hands were all red and it was awful. It took them forever to get to the bottom of it because it started in the middle of the winter. She finally ended up bringing in special soap just so she knew that there was soap for her there. Good luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter