• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*~*NEW October 2013 Thread*~* Our Month Has Arrived!

I got a letter from Disney World yesterday. I was nervous about what it was going to say! LOL
It was a courtesy letter informing me of the problems with their in-room refrigerators and that they have been disconnected until replacements can be installed.
Since we are flying into Sanford this trip on Allegiant Air and renting a car, I guess when we stop for our case of water and some in-room snacks, we can get a cheap styrofoam cooler and use that instead. And since we have a Royal Room, we are really close to the drink refills at POR so we should be okay! Nice of them to let us know ahead of time, I guess.

Still waiting on our Magic Bands. I think yesterday was our last day to be able to customize them, so maybe they have shipped out (or will really soon!):banana::woohoo:pixiedust:

I got a letter from Disney World yesterday. I was nervous about what it was going to say! LOL
It was a courtesy letter informing me of the problems with their in-room refrigerators and that they have been disconnected until replacements can be installed.
Since we are flying into Sanford this trip on Allegiant Air and renting a car, I guess when we stop for our case of water and some in-room snacks, we can get a cheap styrofoam cooler and use that instead. And since we have a Royal Room, we are really close to the drink refills at POR so we should be okay! Nice of them to let us know ahead of time, I guess.

Still waiting on our Magic Bands. I think yesterday was our last day to be able to customize them, so maybe they have shipped out (or will really soon!):banana::woohoo:pixiedust:

What? Which resort are you staying at? :confused3 This is the first I have heard about fridge issues.

Your 40th bday is on October 17??!! MINE TOO!!! :) happy early birthday, my birthday twin!!! We are going oct 5-14, so just missing my bday there. My dd will turn 9 while we are there tho. Have a great trip!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Happy Birthday to you too!! I started planning this trip about 16 months ago, so I can't believe it's almost here!! So excited, I can't stand it! I'm driving everyone around me nuts!! 3 weeks from today I will probably be 3 sheets to the wind in EPCOT (which I saw today ACTUALLY means: Every Person Comes Out Trashed).. :rotfl2:

Happy Birthday to you too!! I started planning this trip about 16 months ago, so I can't believe it's almost here!! So excited, I can't stand it! I'm driving everyone around me nuts!!

Which is why I spend so much time here on DISboards! :surfweb:

3 weeks from today I will probably be 3 sheets to the wind in EPCOT (which I saw today ACTUALLY means: Every Person Comes Out Trashed).. :rotfl2:

Which is why we always let Mickey do the driving! :drive:

What? Which resort are you staying at? :confused3 This is the first I have heard about fridge issues.

Back in July Disney announced its fridges were part of a recall. When we were there in July we did not have a fridge at AKL. There are many resorts that were part of the recall. A lot of the fridges have been replaced, but not all. Disney said it could take three-four months.

Back in July Disney announced its fridges were part of a recall. When we were there in July we did not have a fridge at AKL. There are many resorts that were part of the recall. A lot of the fridges have been replaced, but not all. Disney said it cold take three-four months.

Oh wow. I missed this news. Thanks for the info!

I got the fridge letter also. Does this mean I will definitely not be getting a fridge? Or are they sending them out to everyone as a precaution?

I got the fridge letter also. Does this mean I will definitely not be getting a fridge? Or are they sending them out to everyone as a precaution?

I haven't gotten one, but then I am going through a TA and haven't gotten a magicband invite either. I would imagine that they are sending them out to all but I could be mistaken.

I haven't gotten one, but then I am going through a TA and haven't gotten a magicband invite either. I would imagine that they are sending them out to all but I could be mistaken.

I haven't gotten a letter for this trip. Hope that means we will have a fridge this time.

I got a fridge letter just yesterday, but it didn't specify a resort (split stay), though I have heard on the CSR thread those are already all replaced so I assume it's from POR? It's too funny at this point. What a fiasco!

I got a fridge letter just yesterday, but it didn't specify a resort (split stay), though I have heard on the CSR thread those are already all replaced so I assume it's from POR? It's too funny at this point. What a fiasco!

And we got a credit of $15 a day last time, but it looks like that is not happening this time. Oh well. Whatever! Like you said, what can you do at this point?:confused3

On another note, just realized today that we only have 18 more days until we go! I am so excited. Going to start packing some stuff soon.

Hope it's true about CSR! We don't have to have a fridge but we do use them occasionally.

In the teens now! 19 days to go! :)

Oh how cool! I cant wait to see the pics! How are you planning on telling her?

We hit single digits!! whoot whoot!

We are staying at POR and received a fridge letter too... According to the POR resort thread most deliveries are for POFQ as they were hardest hit... I'm still hoping that we may have a fridge though for our DD's lactose free milk... i wasn't going to specially ask for one though as there may be someone that needs it more than us :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter