NEW "NURSE" discount offered at the Swan and Dolphin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does she not still have some sort of card showing her nursing status? Like she is a nurse, but inactive at this time. I too have been a stay at home mom for almost 3 years but kept my license current. I'm taking my license with me when we go next month. Even though I'm not working right now, I'm still a nurse.

You need proof of your license and must be keeping your license current. I called and confirmed it with CRO. This discount is great! We would have never been able to afford the Dolphin/Swan without it. I now only have to decide between the Dolphin or the Swan.

i have a wallet card that comes with my nursing licence every year, it has your main licence and a copy for your employer and a wallet card to carry if needed with your licence number and nursing status whether your an rn or lpn/lvn. or is itr only my state that has that?

we just get our license.
I agree, please don't complain about a nice gesture. The more positive feedback, the more likley future discounts will come.

stpat2.gif

Join us at the
Boise DIS meet
on Saint Paddy's day !
E-mail me for more info...

I for one am very grateful to be recognized and given a discount. As a nurse I am quite proud of my chosen profession and work hard myself to keep the highest standards. I also recognize that this is also true of many other professions that also deserve to be recognized. I think if we continue to praise those who choose to reward certain professions with discounts, eventually I bet you'll see a rotation in the professions they choose to give discounts to. Always praise good behavior!! :D

"SwanDolphin" (the man) has done a wonderful thing by adding a NURSE discount to the other discounts available at the WDW Swan and Dolphin Resort. Unfortunately, every time a new discount is added, there are complaints from those who AREN'T included! Good grief, folks - be thankful that more people qualify for a discount! To those don't qualify for the government, teacher or nurse discounts, you are STILL eligible for the Entertainment (including Disney Club) and AP discount (depending on availability), which isn't that much more per night. :)

Hi,
Just a question as a result of your post on the 13th. Is a current nursing license proof enough of your professional status? I realize teachers, government employees do not have a state license thus the necessity for providing the documentation indicating your professional status but I would think a current nursing license, issues by your state of residence, would be proof enough.
Figment27

Disney and CRO are not part of this promotion at all, and would have no knowledge of it. These discounts are only offered for the Swan and Dolphin resorts.

Figment, I think that you need to bring proof that you are currently employyed as a nurse. Teachers can bring their State certifications, but must also bring a pay stub or ID. The same must hold for nurses. I will check on it though.

Yes, Canadian Nurses are all included.

;)

neverland1.gif
sheep3.gif

Link toSwan and Dolphin FAQ!
<font size=3><font color=green><marquee>Co-Captain & Charter Member of the Swan/Dolphin Cheerleading Team!!</marquee></font></font>
<font color=green>16 times to WDW 13 off 3 on
Next trips!
Dolphin July 2001
Swan Dec. 2001

Thank you SWan/Dolphin!!! I just hit the boards after a heartbreaking rotten day at work and saw this thread! What a way to be cheered up. I will be sure to post in the locker room, and I hope other RN's will to, this info.

When I made my reservations at the Swan/Dolphin for next month. I was told I just need proof I was a nurse. I asked if my current RN license would be OK and she said Yes. Never said anything about any kind of ID or paystub.

I'm glad nurses are finally getting recognized, they work so hard to take care of us. My fiance is a RN and she works 12 hours days/nights, works a lot of overtime and is overworked. Here in Canada they are underpaid and at times have a team of 9 patients to care for. I'm glad we were able to book the dolphin at this rate, making our honeymoon that much better and a much needed break for my future wife.
:cool:

You don't have to be currently employed as a teacher or a nurse to get the discount as long as you have either a current nurse's licence or a current teaching certificate.

Also, volunteer firefighters qualify under the goverment rate as long as they supply aletter from the town stating what they do.

neverland1.gif
sheep3.gif

<font size=3><font color=green><marquee>Co-Captain & Charter Member of the Swan/Dolphin Cheerleading Team!!</marquee></font></font>
Next trips!
Dolphin July 2001
Swan Dec. 2001

bumping up to page 1

neverland1.gif
sheep3.gif

Next trips!
Dolphin July 2001
Swan Dec. 2001

Going 8/18-25!
Maybe next visit I can afford the W/D!!!
Will be staying @ old Key West in August thanks to getting bumped on our last trip, purchasing A.P's and a friend who sold us her points for $9 a piece!!!

;) :D :) :cool:

neverland1.gif
sheep3.gif

Next trips!
Dolphin July 2001
Swan Dec. 2001

:D :) BUMPING!!! :D ;)

neverland1.gif
sheep3.gif

Next trips!
Dolphin July 2001
Swan Dec. 2001

:) :cool: :D ;) :cool: :)

neverland1.gif
sheep3.gif

Next trips!
Dolphin July 2001
Swan Dec. 2001

Thanks again for the information glo. That was such a good rate that I'm not waiting to Fall to use it. We'll be taking an extra trip to WDW in June. Got the Dolphin for 4 nights. I'm soooooooo excited!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter