• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Nikon 1

Blythep

Always ready to go to Disney
Anybody have one of these new cameras yet? I want a new camera, don't really want a point and shoot, but not ready to get an expensive DSLR...

Anybody have one of these new cameras yet? I want a new camera, don't really want a point and shoot, but not ready to get an expensive DSLR...

Everything I have read about it thus far has been underwhelming. Seems like Nikon kinda messed up a bit going with a smaller sensor than micro 4/3rds but using similar size lenses. I would say panasonic and olympus are still your kings in this category. I'll put the NEX in a line of its own since it uses a much larger sensor.

Amazon.com has the D3100 with 18-55 for $549. The J1 is $649 and the V1 is $899. My brother has a D3100 and its a great camera.

I saw the commercial and liked it, but then I read about it and mmmmm not so sure, its way too expensive for a compact. My Mom paid less for her D300.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter