• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New nember

Kpskyman

Mouseketeer
Hi all !!! My name is Mike, and I am new to Disboards but not to Disney. Though I live in Pittsburgh, I have been to Disney World at least 15 times, proposed to my wife there, honeymooned there, and gone with my 2 young girls. My wife and I have even helped friends and family members plan their vacations since we have been there so often. I welcome any questions for ideas or planning help, as I enjoy the World so much and know that first timers can become overwhelmed with The Happiest Place on Earth. My last trip there was January 2013, and we are planning on going in 2015 for our 10th anniversary.

Hi Mike!
I'm new to this board as well. I've been to Disney a few times but headed for the first time with my 2 yr old son and 5 yr old daughter the first week of April. We are staying at Caribean Beach and have a dining plan. Any pointers and must do advice would be appreciated!!!

That's great!! Have you stayed at Caribbean Beach before ? It is the largest resort on property. It actually has internal buses just to get around resort. My first tip would be to call reservations and get a bottom floor from near the restaurant. It will make it easier with a stroller and little ones. Where have you booked to eat at ? There are many great choices. How long is your stay for? With the little ones I would plan on 1 or 2 days at MK, a day at EPCOT, a day at Hollywood Studios, and half day at AK. I have also learned from experience that you need a no park day with the little ones, they will burn out if not. Hang at the pool, check out downtown Disney , even look at other resorts, just at a much more leisure pace then in the parks. Hope this helps.

Hi Mike!
I'm new to this board as well. I've been to Disney a few times but headed for the first time with my 2 yr old son and 5 yr old daughter the first week of April. We are staying at Caribean Beach and have a dining plan. Any pointers and must do advice would be appreciated!!!

We just booked a last minute trip to Carribean Beach resort. Never been but very excited to check it out!

I've never stayed at this resort before. Went to AAA today to ask a couple questions and the agent was trying to get me to switch saying it was just too big of a resort with little ones. Then I talked to a friend who stayed there and she said it was fine.
We will have 6 full days and then leave on the 7th day but at 9pm.
I have booked Cinderellas castle for breakfast on day 5, Mama Rosas in HS day 2 so we can do VIP Fantasmic, and then another at magic kingdom for lunch- blanking at the name. I was told I should do Chef Mickeys as well.
Another friend- who doesn't have kids- recommended dessert on the terrace to watch the fireworks. What are your thoughts on that. Also wondering if we could do the electric parade and fireworks in one night by staying at one location? I don't think we can handle late nights every night obviously so Fantasmic will be a late night one night and I am thinking we can only handle maybe 2 more.

Thanks for your thoughts!!

Hi all I am new to this forum and I have recently joined this forum for discussions on different topics.

Those sound like awesome choices. Chef Mickeys is a nice buffet style breakfast. If you can get it, the kids will love it. Magic Kingdom is easily the busiest park there, try to get at that park about a half hour before it opens, and when it opens go straight to fantasyland and try to ride everything before the lines get long. Also since you have young ones, seeing the characters will be a huge part of your day. Defiantly see the Princesses and the Fairies at MK, I wouldn't worry to much about Mickey and his friends as they are in every park, and at chef Mickeys. With our young ones, we do a lot of character meals, so we don't have to spend as much time in long lines to see characters. EPCOT is a great place for characters. They are everywhere through the countries, and since there are not many ride attractions there that are kid friendly, you will have time to visit alot of them. Do you have the FP+ in your plan ?? Other kid friendly restaurants you can check out if you like are Whispering Canyon at TWL, Garden Grill, at EPCOT, 1900 PF at GF. Check those out too.

I have never done the dessert before, as I feel it is too expensive for what you get, we watch the parade from frontierland after it passes make our way to the exit for fireworks. If kids are tired after a long day, you could just pull up some curb on Main Street an hour or so before the parade and stay there for both and the light show on castle.

file.php

Welcome to the DisBoards Kpskyman :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter