• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New MyMagic+ 'Memory Maker' photography package begins Friday

Good Question. It says Memory Maker will replace PP+ (which I also have a voucher for). Guess I'll wait and see.

We're planning to get the PP+ preorder package for our holiday trip. I keep putting off the order since I still have time, but this announcement may speed things up. I'm guessing the current PP+ preorder price will go up. Anyone have more info on this?

Yep I'm curious about this as well. I have the PP+ vouched and we fly out next Sunday so very curious about this.

From what ive been told, (I'm a Disney TA) anyone who has a PP+ presale or voucher will have it honored. The current info (which could change at some point) says the moment maker will phase out PP+ slowly, not instantaneously replace it As for the non- resort guests, that's a really great point that I asked about, too. I would guess (purely speculative) that non- magic band guests would still have a lanyard and swipe card like the current system. However, I could also see a scenario in which generic grey magic bands are given at PP+ guest services on site. There is one at each park, in DTD, etc. This is how guests who don't go onto My Disney Experience prior to traveling get their bands. (They're given grey non personalized bands when they check into their resorts)

Hope this helps!

So with the whole MM+ system. How would you be able to have multiple people on your trip take photos? I feel like they will end up charging you more if you have a trip to Disney with more than one family/friends.

For example, with the old system I could get more than one photopass card and link them to my account and pay one price. So I could give one card to my parents and I have one card and if they were in a different park or not with me I would pay one price for the photos they took.

How would this work on the new system? I suppose I can't have more than one person in our travel party (not necessarily the same ressie) use it? OR do you link everyone to your account and whatever photos they take will be put on one pre-paid "memory maker " package?

I am getting married in Disney in August and i was planning on getting photopass cards for most of my family and linking them to my account ..I feel I will not be able to do this now.

Any idea if those of us who already preordered PP+ can switch to the new memory maker? We arrive on 12/12

So with the whole MM+ system. How would you be able to have multiple people on your trip take photos? I feel like they will end up charging you more if you have a trip to Disney with more than one family/friends. For example, with the old system I could get more than one photopass card and link them to my account and pay one price. So I could give one card to my parents and I have one card and if they were in a different park or not with me I would pay one price for the photos they took. How would this work on the new system? I suppose I can't have more than one person in our travel party (not necessarily the same ressie) use it? OR do you link everyone to your account and whatever photos they take will be put on one pre-paid "memory maker " package? I am getting married in Disney in August and i was planning on getting photopass cards for most of my family and linking them to my account ..I feel I will not be able to do this now.

Nothing has changed? PhotoPass cards aren't going anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Im hoping this makes it easier to share and include photos with all family members. The photopass+ with only 1 card is a major pita

This is announced on the day I get my PP+ voucher and CD in the mail. I wonder if things will be completely changed over to Memory Maker when we go in May?

Love that I ordered PP+ yesterday. :sad2: Can they just seriously stop changing things on me?? Since I started planning this trip (Jan 2014) a year ago, pretty much nothing I learned about how to strategize for the parks is still true.

Love that I ordered PP+ yesterday. :sad2: Can they just seriously stop changing things on me?? Since I started planning this trip (Jan 2014) a year ago, pretty much nothing I learned about how to strategize for the parks is still true.

I feel the same way. We have also been planning our Jan 2014 trip for about a year and had thought all of our advance planning would really help but things keep changing. Im getting to the point where I am more excited about the Universal part of our trip. Just seems like it will be less of a headache.

I was going to buy pp+ for our February trip with the preorder deal at $149. Now I wonder if I should go ahead and still by it. Any ideas on if they will charge the same prices? I'm half tempted to buy today to lock in the $149 and then ask to change, but who knows if that will be allowed.

Just bought my PP+. Thanks for the heads up!!!

I'm getting married in Feb and I want to be sure to add our guests to our account! I don't want to be apart of anything else labelled "NEXTGEN"

I'm here now and not leaving until the 14th. The one time I let the PP photographer put a photo on my magic band (at the Visa meet and greet) it was completely lost. I don't hate the MBs but they are far from ready to move out of testing and I'm really curious to see what will happen tomorrow and for the rest of my stay. (Curious and a little worried)

Old vouchers will be honored of course. Memory Maker is virtually the same thing as PP+ just no CD. You can preorder it up to 3 days in advance at $149 or at the parks for $199. I got the be the lucky first customer this morning. I called not knowing anything about this. I called to add PP+ to my package because we leave Wednesday that's when they told me.

They called me back about 30 minutes later and said they are having problems and that I will need to try again tomorrow. Oh yeah and there's a $149 hold on my account in the meantime until they get around to processing the credit :worried:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter