NEW MOM: Formula/Diapers in WDW Question?

ReneeDisney

Off to Neverland.....
Hello!
We will be traveling to WDW on Thanksgiving with our 4-month old daughter for 9 days. She drinks the Similac Allimentum Hypo-allergenic formula.

With that, I was wondering what is the best way to get the formula to our resort?? What have my fellow DIS moms done in terms of getting formula to WDW. We are staying at Saratoga Springs!

Should I order from Similac.com and have shipped to the resort? Then what do I do about diapers? Do any of you fellow MOMS have any advice. It is greatly appreciated!!!

:wizard:

personally I would pack the formula and diapers then on the way home you have room for souviners.....i dont know about you but i always seem to leave with more then what i came with :)

Check with the Garden Grocer (there's a thread somewhere). I bet they have everything you need. They deliver to your resort.

We are using them on our next trip for water, diet coke, milk and snacks. Easier and cheaper in the long run.

When my son was 3 months and 9 months old we brought him to WDW. I ended up packing up diapers, wipes, bottle liners, formula, laundry detergent, swimmies, etc. in a box and shipping it UPS to my resort. It worked out perfectly.

I ended up packing whatever I could for the week about five days before we left. It did end up costing a little bit because of the weight of the formula (I ended up using a couple of cases of 8 ounce ready to feed), but the convenience of this could not be beat!! All of the baby's essentials were there waiting for me upon arrival. :thumbsup2

Congratulations on your new baby and good luck in whatever you decide to do. Disneyworld is wonderful with new baby!:cloud9:

My Daughter is on the same formula. We added it to the comments section of the Garden Grocer form as they instructed. We leave tomorrow. I'll let you know if it works.

We are also bringing 48-4 oz nursettes ready to feed packed (bubblewrapped) in our suitcases, and we are carrying on enough for 1 day.

Not sure If I would order directly from similac to the hotel My sister did that to a hotel in CA and it never showed up.

Worse case scenario (if luggage gets lost and/or garden grocer doesn't deliver) we figure we could take a cab to a local Drug store or find one that delivers. My DH called a CVS down there and they do carry it.

As you can tell I'm a little obsessive on this subject ;)

As for diapers we also ordered them from Garden Grocer...I figure those will be readily available at the hotel if something happens with delivery

Hope that helps.

THANK YOU!! to all the moms that provided their suggestions! I'm going to look at Garden Grocer and check out shipping UPS as well!!
Thanks for the tip not to order from Similac!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter