New MNSSHP/MVMCP ticket/wristband system (updated pg 3)

Of course we should all wait and see. The first party is this Friday, so we'll know something soon enough. Of course those going Friday are the test folks, but hopefully it's all good.

I read it the no wristband thing doesnt start until sept 7th

I remember the back of the tickets saying the date of the halloween party, so I don't think showing a ticket is going to be a problem, just have to show the back

Yes, but it is much easier and quicker for a CM to glance at a wristband than to have people pulling their tickets out and showing those.

I really don't see how they can do away with the wristbands for the parties. I really think this is just for PM EMH hours. ALOT of people go to the parties just for the parade, special shows and holiday Wishes...I can't imagine they are just going to let people who didn't buy tickets stay in the parks. Disney definitely wants people to buy tickets and this would sure discourage that.

the issue with PM EMH is that the wristbands are solid colors and there's only so many colors to go around. a guest visiting a few times a year could easily just collect, keep and 're-attach' any color they want to work for that particular evening at that particular park

hard ticketed events are also color coded but they do have designs on them and they are far less frequent (there isn't one happening every night) and it doesn't happen year-round.

i can see an argument for evening emh wristbands going the way of mr. toad (although i think it's too much work for too little reward in my estimation) but i don't see that same argument applying to parties.

I'll relisten to the podcast again today. Maybe I heard wrong and it was EMH's and not the parties. Either way I think they should only let in those who have either paid for a party ticket or are a WDW resort guest (with EMH).

I hope this isn't true...I see a lot of people losing thier tickets.

evening EMH never was exclusive to WDW guests. only WDW guests may visit attractions but guests staying off site are still allowed to remain in the park.

that's a key difference between EMH and a hard ticketed event.

As a non-resort guest I like the idea of being able to shop later and not being herded out of the parks at a specific time. We can ride our rides during the day and then shop during EMH so as not to waste any precious park time. I don't think some shopping and an ice cream purchase will affect resort guests.

For the hard ticket parties it sounds like a horrible idea.

evening EMH never was exclusive to WDW guests. only WDW guests may visit attractions but guests staying off site are still allowed to remain in the park.

that's a key difference between EMH and a hard ticketed event.

Really? :scared1:

really. and another key difference that just occurred to me...

the parties are run by the entertainment division. so when a policy changes (like how they changed the procedure back in 2006), that goes through them.

i'd be pretty sure EMH is operations.

Is there any way to find out if this is true or not - maybe a number to call? That would really tick me off. We pay extra for these parties. I hope this isn't true.

I will blow a gasket if I just paid $150 for MNSSHP and anyone that is there gets to stay but not ride the rides. We bought the tickets to trick or treat, see characters, the parade and the special fireworks - otherwise it woul dbe like any other EMH at night.

It's OK folks! I relistened to the podcast (it was ITM not wdwradio) and it's only for EMH. I was listening while working outdoors and must've misheard.

Al;'s well it seems.

We did MVMCP a couple years ago. We had wristbands but because it was cold we had long sleeves and/or jackets on. We had commented that our wristbands were not easily viewable because they were under our long sleeves. I would imagine it is the same during MNSSHP due to the costumes.

Yes, our wristbands were checked prior to entering the line for any ride but as we were walking around the park, no one ever asked us to see the wristbands or to keep them in plain sight.

So I guess what I am saying is that I don't think it would make much of a difference whether they use wristbands or not when it comes to keeping non-paying guests out of the park.

Although it may seem pricey, I think most who have done these events would agree that they are worth every penny. Just because some people get in for free, doesn't mean that I am not still getting what I am paying for. Jerks will be jerks, what can you do? pirate:

I feel a bit like I ran into a crowded auditorium and screamed fire.

Mea culpa everyone!

It is rude that non paying guests try and cheat the system and don't pay for a ticket to the parties. I could never do something like that.

We did MVMCP a couple years ago. We had wristbands but because it was cold we had long sleeves and/or jackets on. We had commented that our wristbands were not easily viewable because they were under our long sleeves. I would imagine it is the same during MNSSHP due to the costumes.

Yes, our wristbands were checked prior to entering the line for any ride but as we were walking around the park, no one ever asked us to see the wristbands or to keep them in plain sight.

So I guess what I am saying is that I don't think it would make much of a difference whether they use wristbands or not when it comes to keeping non-paying guests out of the park.

Although it may seem pricey, I think most who have done these events would agree that they are worth every penny. Just because some people get in for free, doesn't mean that I am not still getting what I am paying for. Jerks will be jerks, what can you do? pirate:

Well, in my experience, after they changed the procedure to NOT closing the park for an hour, they do check for wristbands like crazy for at least the first two hours. They have CMs all over the park whose sole purpose was to check for wristbands. They wouldn't even let you go into the restrooms, shop, buy food, ride rides, sit on Main Street or enter a land without showing your wristband first. Even though I HATE the fact that they do not close and clear out the park for an hour beforehand, I think the CMs did an amazing job regardless. YMMV.

Shoooo! I feel better now. I was already paranoid about the "cheaters", and this thing made it worse! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter