New MK Fireworks Exit strategy

ScarlettO

DIS Veteran
The only way I'll get DH to watch this is not to be in that "Mob" exiting right afterwards. In Nov, would this be a Grande Finale...i.e. everyone must leave when the fireworks are over?

Any good viewing places outside the park?We're at WL.

you could see if you could get a spot up on the deck at the train station looking down at the castle...that way, when the fireworks are over, you just slip out down the stairs and out the front gate...but to get that viewing area, you will probably have to be willing to camp out at your spot for a little while prior to the parade/fireworks...
a good place to view the fireworks that is outside the park is over at the contemporary resort...take the elevator up to the california grill level and exit the elevators to the left and out to the observation deck...great view of the fireworks and they even pipe in the music for the show...now, some people might tell you that the observation deck is only for diners at the california grill but we have done this several times and have never had a problem, or a crowd out on the observation deck...
have fun and good luck....
sunking

You could always wait until the crowds have passed. WDW is a great place to people watch. The fireworks are incredible, but there's just something about being on Main St watching them that can't be beat!

I'm with kilee. Just find a spot to hang out until the mob clears out. I love to take time just to sit and watch the people.

book a Wishes fireworks cruise! We did one on our recent trip and thought it was fabulous! You really get to see the full scope of the fireworks from out there. You could have them pick you up at the Contemporary marina so that you can just hop a monorail over there from the MK and they can drop you at the WL marina after the show. It was fantastic to see such a great view of the show and be dropped off right back at the WL (we stayed in the VWL) without the crowds.

You could have a snack or pizza at Gasparilla's at the GF and watch from your outdoor table in the courtyard.

Before hand you can sit in the main lobby and listen to the music.

That's assuming you can catch the right bus from the GF to get you back to your room.

We simply waited in the MK for the crowd to thin out a bit. By the time we all visited the rest room etc....it really wasn't bad. It was much nicer to wait inside the MK then to be stuck in a crowd trying to get out right away.

Karen

Originally posted by Antonia
I'm with kilee. Just find a spot to hang out until the mob clears out. I love to take time just to sit and watch the people.

DW and I just employed this strategy on our recent trip and had a blast. We sat near the Walt & Mickey statue following Wishes and looked for bad shoes. It was great fun trying to spot the bad shoes and then trying to get a picture without being too obvious. You also get to catch the kiss goodnight if you stick around long enough. It is very nice being in the park at night after it clears out. There are many CM's milling about that will stop and talk to/entertain you.

-Josh

watch it from between crystal palace and casey's corner... as soon as it is over cut inside the back of casey's (where the big screen cartoons and little bleachers are) and then walk through all of the stores to the end of mainstreet... you'll bypass all of mainstreet... we have never had any problem when we do it this way...

We did this last month. Watch from your favorite spot inside the MK. When it's over, leave and board one of the boats to one of the MK resorts. There is hardly ever a significant line and you can pick the shortest. We got right on during spring break (very peak crowds). Ride to the resorts then back to the MK. By the time you get back, the crowds are gone and you can take your choice to you destination. It's always a relaxing ride.

Depending on your schedule, you can also: Take a bus from the resort to DTD, Get off of the boat and ride the resort monorail the rest of the way, Walk to the parking lot or the TTC (from the Poly), or any of dozen's of permutations.

You can also play what we call "random bus" (I'm sure other folks may call this something different). This is where you go and get on the first bus that's sitting there with a short line. Doing this late can be a little risky but Disney is good about getting you home if you are staying onsite. It's fun and it's amazing what you can find when you aren't looking.

We did this twice in January--watched from the top of Main St, just under the WDWRR platform. Then, as soon as the fireworks were over, out the turnstiles, to the boat dock, and off to WL. We made the 1st boat (that was waiting there) both times.

Originally posted by JKanownik
DW and I just employed this strategy on our recent trip and had a blast. We sat near the Walt & Mickey statue following Wishes and looked for bad shoes. It was great fun trying to spot the bad shoes and then trying to get a picture without being too obvious.
-Josh

It is almost impossible to get BadShoe shots at night without being obvious, it is the flash, it is a dead give away.

Yeah, after the 6th picture one woman was starting to get suspicious. I was having trouble with her shoes, because they were clear and the camera would not focus. We will try to send our pics to you this weekend.

-Josh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter