New Mickey/Minnie/Princess Fastpasses are "connected" to Fastpass system-UPDATED 4/4

mickeyhunter

DIS Veteran
If you get a fastpass for a meet and greet you will have to wait until the time printed on your fastpass to get another fastpass. I tested this today.

Seems fair to me. But thanks for confirming it.

Thanks for the update! Anyone have any info on what time throughout the day the FPs ran out?

If you get a fastpass for a meet and greet you will have to wait until the time printed on your fastpass to get another fastpass. I tested this today.

But the time to get "another FP ticket" appears to be "different" than with any other MK FP.

Take a careful look-

Mickeyfastpass_byloribeth.jpg

photo by DISer, loribeth

Also, If you get a FP for another attraction FIRST (before getting the Meet & Greet FP,)
will that other FP actually allow you to get a M&G FP "sooner" than the time printed at the bottom
of the current FP?

Why do I ask?

It could make a BIG difference in which FP you chose to take FIRST.
(Especially if the time happens to be about, say, 11am-1pm.)

I'm watching this info very closely, as it might prove to be a very "different" FP situation
than normally encountered at WDW.

How soon can you get the fast pass for Mickey once you enter the park? I am taking my baby girl who will be 6 months old when we go and I want to make sure we get that coveted photo with Mickey for her first trip.

How soon can you get the fast pass for Mickey once you enter the park? I am taking my baby girl who will be 6 months old when we go and I want to make sure we get that coveted photo with Mickey for her first trip.

Immediately after you enter Main Street from under the train station.

The FP machines for the Meet & Greet are to your right,
in the corner between The Chapeau (hat store) and Tony's Restaurant/Town Square Theater (new Meet & Greet location.)

Wow, I didn't know anything about this. Can you get a FP for any M&G at any park? Woody as well as Phineas & Ferb will be on the top of our lists on our next trip.

Wow, I didn't know anything about this. Can you get a FP for any M&G at any park? Woody as well as Phineas & Ferb will be on the top of our lists on our next trip.

FPs right now are just for Mickey's new Main street location as well as the Princesses' temporary Main Street location.

But the time to get "another FP ticket" appears to be "different" than with any other MK FP.

Take a careful look-

Mickeyfastpass_byloribeth.jpg

photo by DISer, loribeth

Not necessarily. If your FP return time is later than two hours after you got your FP, the times won't be the same. It is possible this FP was obtained at 10:15, which is why a new one will be available at 12:15.

Just playing "devil's advocate," so to speak, and throwing out the possibilities. I have not actually had experience with the new M&G FP. :thumbsup2

Not necessarily. If your FP return time is later than two hours after you got your FP, the times won't be the same. It is possible this FP was obtained at 10:15, which is why a new one will be available at 12:15.

Nope.
That FP was obtained at 11:15AM.
You can see that printed in the lower right corner of the FP.
(The date is printed in the lower left corner.)
So, this FP has a one-hour-between-FP window.

That's why I said it is something unique at MK.

AND, why I'm wondering if it works the "opposite way," too.

I'm trying to find out all the intimate details. ;)

Nope.
That FP was obtained at 11:15AM.
You can see that printed in the lower right corner of the FP.
(The date is printed in the lower left corner.)
So, this FP has a one-hour-between-FP window.

That's why I said it is something unique at MK.

Oh I see now...hmm, so it looks like it's only an hour wait before a new FP. Interesting.....

I would not be surprised to see some tweaking as time goes on about next-pull windows, fastpass/standby mix, etc. Operations has a good guess for how this will work, but they won't really know how guests react until they try it.

Oh I see now...hmm, so it looks like it's only an hour wait before a new FP. Interesting.....

And (I keep saying this, as I find it interesting,)
if you enter MK on a busy day at, say, 10-11AM
it MIGHT be better to take this Meet & Greet FP first, before you go back into the park.

Why?

Because on a busy MK day, it would only be an hour (at least with the FP I posted, in this case) before you could get another FP like (for instance) Space Mountain.

If you chose to grab a Space Mtn. FP first (at about 11:00AM) you would likely have a TWO-hour window before you could then grab a Meet & Greet (or other) FP.

And, that might mean NOT EVER being able to get the next popular FP at MK that day, as in two more hours, the other FP's might all be given out for the day.

See what I mean?

It can be a "what to do first" logistics issue (like knowing to head to TSM first at DHS' Rope Drop.)

Guess we won't be seeing Mickey there then. No way am I wasting ride FP opportunities for a M&G.

Good info to know :) We'll be sure to get our FPs first for Mickey!

Guess we won't be seeing Mickey there then. No way am I wasting ride FP opportunities for a M&G.

Yeah but like Robo said, if you get it first thing when you enter the park, by the time you stroll down Main Street, take pics, get a snack, etc...the one hour will be up and you can get your "ride" FP.

Actually, considering the "front of the park," easy access location, I can see the FPs for this M&G running out because everyone will just grab one on their way in....but will everyone who grabbed one on the way in just for the heck of it actually go all the way back to the front at their return time? Oooh, so much to consider....:scratchin

Yeah but like Robo said, if you get it first thing when you enter the park, by the time you stroll down Main Street, take pics, get a snack, etc...the one hour will be up and you can get your "ride" FP.

Actually, considering the "front of the park," easy access location, I can see the FPs for this M&G running out because everyone will just grab one on their way in....but will everyone who grabbed one on the way in just for the heck of it actually go all the way back to the front at their return time? Oooh, so much to consider....:scratchin

Well, on a fantasyland day I might consider it but on a tomorrowland day I won't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter