New Menus????

Sadly, I'm REALLY picky about food....and absolutely nothing on the main menu for Animators sounds good now. :(

I agree with this. The new Animator's menu looks... uck... to me. Certainly nothing that would inspire me to go to a 2 hour dinner for it. Unfortunately, our next cruise will likely be with my in-laws.. their first DCL cruise. So we'd have to do Animator's for the show. :sad2:

OH NO!!!:eek::eek: This is NOT good! My DH would only eat the steak and I don't see it on the menu anymore...Hopefully he'll be open and try something else:scared:

Lisa

We are sailing on the Magic in May. I hope they keep this stuff on the Wonder. We are paying too much for no choice.

Well, we are sailing next week and our friends who are vegetarians are sailing with us (first timers) so, I'm glad to see that there are some new vegetarian dishes on the menu ...... not that I'd ever try "spicy potato and pea samosas" :confused3

Example: Soups & Salads Course "Mr. Smee's Bib Lettuce"

07--with Baby Greens and Raspberry Vinaigrette
09--with Bibb Lettuce, Baby Greens, Chicory, Tomatoes, Toasted Pine Nuts, and Raspbeery Vinaigrette

Didn't like it, only took a few bites! I thought the portions were too large to enjoy all the courses. We were on a Holland America cruise last spring and I realized how much more I enjoyed the food. Missing are the "less is more" options.

DD18 is a bit of a picky eater and was looking forward to the steaks--not available. They made her feel kind of bad when she said all she wanted was a caeser salad--never available. DD22 is a vegetarian and she didn't have too bad of a time but had to be creative. At Palo's she ordered risotta but the server insisted she have the pasta and brought her a large dish of that and a side dish of the risotta (she liked it better) and a lot of food went to waste.

Missed having real butter on the table and didn't enjoy the bread choices. Never saw a baked potato option. On Pirates night it said the bread was "Johnny Cake" but we got the same bread from the night before.

The cream brulee was "passion fruit" flavored--just not right! Never saw a fresh strawberry. Servers were all great. And yes, I have already written a letter to DCL with our thoughts!

Oh noooooooooo. I pray that this was a fluke, because it sounds pretty disappointing.

Did you guys ask about the steak, and were told it was no longer available? And they won't get you just a plain Caesar salad or baked potato or white rice like in the past? Those dishes were gonna be our saving grace. I am definitely concerned now.

Why would there be no butter on the table?

Well, hopefully nothing is set in stone yet, and if they receive enough feedback, they'll make changes. I myself am considering writing a letter.

I'm looking forward to these new menus. I enjoy trying new things and this is the perfect opportunity.

Roll on 18/10/09!

Hey y'all,

Sorry it has taken so long to get scanned....looks like it's cut off, but the second page has the rest...

triton01-1.jpg

export_triton02-1.jpg

Oh noooooooooo. I pray that this was a fluke, because it sounds pretty disappointing.

Did you guys ask about the steak, and were told it was no longer available? And they won't get you just a plain Caesar salad or baked potato or white rice like in the past? Those dishes were gonna be our saving grace. I am definitely concerned now.

Why would there be no butter on the table?

Well, hopefully nothing is set in stone yet, and if they receive enough feedback, they'll make changes. I myself am considering writing a letter.

I'm crossing my fingers that they'll bring back the steak options. And hopefully the filet will stay in Palo!

I haven't read everything, but from what I've read I'm disappointed. I don't consider myself an extremely picky eater, but I don't eat seafood, mushrooms, duck, or veal. I don't look forward to chicken very often. Maybe once on the cruise. It looks like they're cheaping out with their new menus. I don't think it's a good move with DCL being so much more expensive than other cruise lines. Food is one of the main attractions of the cruise.

I agree with the above post. I like almost any food, but it is evident that DCL has "cheapened" the menu. It doesn't take a chef to compare the old and new menus and see where they have cut costs. Time will tell if this was a wise decision.....my guess is that it will not be.

Anyone who does not like the looks of the new menu and the fact that DCL has left steak off as an option each night needs to email DCL. They have listened to guests in the past from email campaigns...reversed the added charge to go through the PC, returned the CB to the format where the characters come around to the tables and do pictures and autographs, and even the type of music that was playing in the halls outside the staterooms at one point.

When we cruised in Jan on the Magic, the chef said the menus were changing only on the Wonder, not the Magic (I guess to try them out there.)

Anyone who does not like the looks of the new menu and the fact that DCL has left steak off as an option each night needs to email DCL. They have listened to guests in the past from email campaigns...reversed the added charge to go through the PC, returned the CB to the format where the characters come around to the tables and do pictures and autographs, and even the type of music that was playing in the halls outside the staterooms at one point.

Lisa...thank you for the excellent job you continue to do on the boards. I'm sure it is hard work, and you certainly should be recognized for your efforts.

I agree 100% that those who are concerned about the menu changes should voice their opinions to DCL. Having just e-mailed them with my opinions, I encourage others to follow suit.

Didn't the old Triton menu have a venison dish? I thought I read that and had dh looking forward to it and I don't see it. :confused3

Didn't the old Triton menu have a venison dish? I thought I read that and had dh looking forward to it and I don't see it. :confused3

The current Lumiere's menu on the Magic has been said to be similar to the Triton's menu before the change. They are linked in the FAQ under menus if there is a specific dish that you are looking for. :)

The current Lumiere's menu on the Magic has been said to be similar to the Triton's menu before the change. They are linked in the FAQ under menus if there is a specific dish that you are looking for. :)

Ahh I found it it's on a different menu, one we won't have on the 4 night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter